Armour of the Titanum

Armour of the Titanum

The armour wraps around you, it’s only purpose to protect, at any cost…

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +40 DEF, -40% DPS (-40% ATT and DEX) , -10 SPD
  • Special properties: On death with item equipped, the vines will lash out at all enemies (not bosses or chests since that would be op and help no one) on screen at the time of death as revenge (means insta death for the enemy)
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 1100

####Drops From:

• Titanum (Very, very rare as the dungeon has lots of em)

####More info
I will defiantly change the sprite in any way to make it better.

Need a armour role for this (heavy/robe/leather) People are saying melee would be best

I was thinking it would be cool if this has to be the armour you wear if you have it in your inv, because as the lore for it goes, it wants to be your protector no matter what. But you can take it off in the inv, but you can’t wear another armour while it is in the inv

?Maybe change the def and dps buffs/debuffs to make this more/less op

i thought this was titanium?[quote=“HelpMate, post:1, topic:4273”]
minus %40 dps
Special properties: Plus 40 def.
[/quote]

uhh…

well…

thats backwards[quote=“HelpMate, post:1, topic:4273”]
On death with item equipped, the vines will lash out at all enemies on
[/quote]

fck, people keep on taking ideas i want to use

The sprite looks like a shatters thing, but needs a much better name

Sorry, meant the titanum spawner guy. On that sprite, it has vines and stuff

ok so we went from adamantite armor to titanium armor

That sprite looks very nice.

You might want to reformat the stat bonuses like this:
Stat Bonus: +4 SPD, +40 DEF, -40% DPS

Well that’s definitely a Melee armor, an a pretty OP one at that. As for the special ability I don’t think it really helps you at all, because you’re already dead, but I imagine people would use this for rushing because of the high def/spd, so it might help their group. That’s really all I have to say, never much to comment on armors.

Should i make the dps lower? I thought that 40 def was a lot but i thought that as well, %40 dps taken away is a lot too. Also, you sure it should be melee? Idk my self but melees have so many items already.
Maybe have a look at the idea i had at the very bottom to see if that makes it better

Well I don’t think it would be viable for any other class to have that much DEF, I think keep the DPS as it is and just lower that a little. Personally I’m not a big fan of it being the only armor you can equip while it is in your inventory, just because it would discourage people from using it because obviously it would be quite situational and a swapout.

But if it is a swapout and you can’t swap it out well then it would be useless. Furthermore what about if you get this item as a drop, when you pick it up you would have to put it in your vault because you can’t wear your other armor until it is removed.

-40% DEX? ATK? Anyways, looks like a candy armor on steroids. Speed bonus seems contratictionary, or unexpected at best. Eitherway we already have this flavor of armor, more or less.

A different, rather obvious trade-off: +40 (or whatever) DEF, -15 (or what not) SPD. And maybe, also daze to self after teleport (although you still could just swap armors). Meh. 8)

ALLAHU AKBAR!

This seems like a fun item to use as a suicidal weapon but kinda OP. If multis were still around, it’d be even more OP.

Would it kill enemies in an invulnerable stage? (I.e. Sentinel) That would be OP af; rip everyone’s soulbound.

I think that bosses should probably be left alive since if the item did kill everything then that would be way too op. Maybe a lot of damage but not enough so everyones sb is destroyed. I was thinking that in something like the shatts where things can get crazy really fast, if the person dies with it the dangerous enemies would die instantly and while sad, the person died with a good action attached to it.

Doesn’t mean anything since DPS is just a theoretical value, not something that’s actually in the game’s code. You’re gonna need to translate that into penalties in either Dex or Atk, or in both.

What is this armor for, anyway? Making situational UTs is a good thing, but what situation are we talking about here?

No. Players are already OP enough to clear most monsters in the game anyway.

Also this creates another problem: when you die, you’re no longer on the map, which means this would prevent other people from getting fame/quests completed from these monsters since there would be no player nearby to be credited as the last-hitter and cause of death. And of course, instakilled monsters don’t drop any SB loot for others.

If there isn’t a “boss” flag in the game’s code, that’s not going to work.

The fact that it says -40% DPS, makes no sence to me. It’s weird, because 1100 feed power would make the shatters more profitable than a tomb, in means of feed power. You should add a droprate, aswell as a bag drop. And please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do not make it a white bag. I think I will honestly decide to end it all if you do.

Being honest here, i just thought of this armour in around 10 minutes. I don’t really understand/know coding and stuff and i didn’t know that there wasn’t a way to change your dps by 40%.

What is the armour for? Again, made this up really quick. But i think it would just be in the event that staying alive is the most important thing. As the description of the item says, protection is the most important thing no matter the cost. That is why the spd and damage debuff is there.

I thought that the insta kill feature would be good since i don’t think people would use this thing in god lands, and also, because this item would be so rare, i wouldn’t think people would want to lose it.

Again, this item is due to change if it ever even had a chance to be in the real game. And i am alright with that.

This item would be very very rare, making this a very unreliable source of fp

DPS isn’t a variable, it isn’t in the game.
It means Damage Per Second, or the amount of damage you can deal in a second. It depends on two factors:
-the amount of damage per shot, influenced by your Attack stat
-the number of shot in one second, influenced by your Dexterity stat and the rate of fire of the weapon

So in fact, dps is just a calculation. If you want to decrease it, the armor might:
-decrease the Attack stat
-decrease the Dexterity stat
-decrease the rate of fire of the equiped weapon

I think you don’t understand what DPS actually is.

It means Damage Per Second, and it’s a calculation that supposedly tells you how much damage you would deal each second.

Problem being, it doesn’t apply to the actual game: with damage being random, sometimes you’re going to do more damage in one second than your DPS and sometimes you’re going to do less; sometimes you’re going to miss with some of your shots, and sometimes the enemy will be temporarily Invulnerable or Armored; sometimes the enemy will die in less than a second.

DPS exists purely in theory, it doesn’t correspond to any in-game stat.

So if you want to reduce the DPS of a character, you need to affect its actual stats, like Atk or Dex.

If you’re doing easy content this Armor isn’t needed, either because you’ve already reached the 85% damage reduction cap or because everything is so easy to dodge there is no need to turtle up and eat shots.

If you’re doing endgame content, the biggest dangers come from Armor Break, Armor Pierce, small attacks that don’t do much damage but slowly chip away at your health (like in Sewers or in the Forgotten King battle, all the small things can kill you because you’re Sick), attacks that do too much base damage for Def to really be relevant (like an Ice Sphere explosion for example, or Geb rage, or the Forgotten King’s tentacles).

If you’re rushing, you’re going to need DPS to kill enemies trying to pursue you (in Abyss for example) and Speed to outrun them.

So the only time where you would want to stack Def and nothing else would be in godlands with other players, but then you would be able to prevent them from getting their loot and fame if you died, which goes against the co-op idea of the game.

The idea of an item that does something special when you die could be great (provided of course that it doesn’t lead to the same kind of exploits as Amulet of Zombification), but in this case it doesn’t quite work.

More like ribcage

oh i just noticed that was minus instead of plus,… im an idiot…

basically what everyone else said. (dps and such,a dn the usage)

also your sprite does look like an armor. Also change your name.

Er.
I don’t think RotMG supports percentage-based attributes.
If you want to lower the DPS of a melee character, you just need to lower both att and dex.

This makes it cc 2.0…
Can you imagine a Knight with 103 def (maximum equipment [Ogmur, Titanum, UBDef], not counting temporary boosts) just running around?
Or a Warrior that can boost himself with the jugg to temporarily have a maximum of 168 def?
It basically means they are more or less immune to being instapopped.
In fact, some basic calcs:

[details=Septavius vs. Warrior with 168 def]Let’s talk about the infamous Septavius ball-ring of death.
Each of these shots deal a base of 160 damage; with 12 shots, this means Septavius deals a total of 1920 damage. Each of these shots against our Warrior will only deal 15% of its damage (168>160; therefore, 15% of 160, most damage blockable), resulting in a mere 76 damage per shot; this times 12 gives us 912 damage. This means that a our Warrior will not survive sitting on Septavius if he’s armored; should he be health boosted by a Paladin with maximum wisdom, he’d have 770+120=890 health; he’d die with 22 negative health points, alas.[/details]

I don’t think you understand how Def works in this game.

First, there are projectiles that completely ignore Def, a special property called Armor Piercing.

Second, there are terrain effects that also damage you without being reduced by Def, such as lava.

Third, there’s a status effect called Armor Broken that sets your Def to 0, regardless of how much Def you normally have.

Fourth, the damage reduction provided by Def is capped at 85% of the projectile’s base damage, meaning you will always take at least 15% of the enemy’s damage, regardless of your Def stat.

And fifth, there are projectiles in this game that can do well over 200 damage.

All of this means that, even with 100-150+ Def, it is still very much possible to get completely destroyed, sometimes to the point of getting instalkilled.