Does anyone else miss having several realms per server instead of just a couple?

In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

These are the only requirements to gain Regular status, and Pharest meets them all.

really, its different on my screen this is what it says

Regular status is time and activity based. Users can become Regulars by, within the last 100 days…

Must have visited at least 50% of days
Must have replied to many different topics
Must have viewed 25% of new topics across the entire forum
Must have viewed 25% of new posts across the entire forum
Must have received and given dozens of likes from and to many different users
Must not have received too many flags
Must not have been banned

its more general, do you get description changed as a regular?

except thats for the base of the site it also says:

Admins can change these thresholds in…

leader_requires_days_visited
leader_requires_topics_replied_to
leader_requires_topics_viewed
leader_requires_posts_read
leader_requires_max_flagged
leader_promotion_min_duration (grace period)

Eh that’s true. But still, Pharest meets if ambiguously, all the requirements set out even according to this forums standard.

So there can be a server on São Paulo… If only DECA would do it…

I wonder if there’s any financial potential, it’s not that hard to see portuguese/spanish speakers on USS3. And the lag I get sometimes… THE HORROR!

The AWS server down there, last I checked, was like 50% more expensive to use. They likely looked at player volume and spending habits and determined that it’s not worth it. Just a guess.

It saddens me deeply. Any idea why it’s more expensive?

No clue. When it first came online a few years back it was like 2x more expensive. Maybe costs amazon more to operate somehow?

Brazilian revenge tax on use of the word Amazon?

That info about the location of the servers is interesting.

Some servers seem to be on 1 realm now? If each realm=one IRL “server” & if the game has a smaller user base than at its peak, would it be an idea to lose some of Realm’s servers in favour of multi-realms again? Or probably that’s more work than it’s worth.

I miss having more realms a lot, it’s sad that instead of actual challenge of fighting events most of the time I just watch how people with OP pets sit on stuff and steamroll it to dust in just few seconds. Sometimes it’s possible to solo stuff during the week in non-busy time, but very hard for people who have to go to work :frowning: I think Deca reduced the amount of realms per server on purpose to force people buy more keys and pay them more money. Think of it: if people are not satisfied by crowded dungeons and events, they could just buy tombs, OTs and Shatters and bring Deca money. Same reason is why they are not fixing notifier bots who still teleport and ruin small OTs/Tombs by stealing portal’s code. I don’t beleive that they don’t know how to fix that - they already disabled teleport through menu, for unnamed accounts, they just have to remove tp via chat for unnamed accounts and that’s it. But they just know that people won’t buy OT keys if they will be able to get solo/small OTs in realms. Hence notibots and 2 realms per server. Not cool Deca, not cool :frowning:

if that is true,

Shame on Deca

Well i never really like deca, too many events
@lovens
welcome to forums-ish, well you posted one comment before

See, this is what I was referring to for the ‘borrowing’ realms to other servers idea. USNW has been like this since ~4am local time (for >3 hours now), with only one realm being in use.

If these realms were ‘traded’ to other servers during peak times, and vice versa, it’d be much more efficient and less wasteful.

I think that’s fair. How hard would it be implement that, tho?

I assume that it wouldn’t be impossible,

Every time a realm closes, the server would look at activity in say the past hour, and decide if a new realm should be opened.

I really wish they would make the portal names random, Medusa and Beholder (Also cyclops) are so common ;-;, I miss the ole variety they use to have. Also, at certain times some servers only have 1 realm opened, which then closes and players wait in Nexus xD. They should at least always have 2 realms opened per server.

so like “asdfdgD” or “fdhyjuy” ?

No No xD, I mean like when they had Dijnn and Orc, and those other old realm names.

they still do-ish, they kinda have like an order. So instead they are just too far back no.w

Guess what, it’s cheaper to host 2 realms per server than 10 (each new realm is a full new amazon server instance). That’s why there’s not much.