Don't really like the amount of skins & re-skins

In my opinion DECA Is adding way too many skins and re-skins and I don’t really like it.

I’d rather new items be added that change the game instead of constant updates every 3 weeks
with new skins and re-skins every time.

idk I think it’s kinda messy
no real content being added that way

( no h8 4 deca <3 )

Think deca adding too much stuff?

They’re working on content, and in the meantime to keep our bellies full, they’re adding these reskins.

The do it to make money in a non-p2w way

Sort of agree, imo what made realm great was its simplicity and all these reskins kind of take away from that (just my opinion though)

I’m pretty sure everyone here already saw it, but I’m posting it for the sake of <put just reason here>. That’s what Deca has to say about the reskins (more precisely, what Myzzrym said, whole post here):

Let’s tackle the discussion around skins and reskins. If you currently have a pair of decently functioning eyes, you’ve already noticed that it’s the most regular new stuff to hit the block every time a patch comes around. But why cosmetics? Why is DECA wasting their time on questionable pretty sprites instead of working on, let’s say, the next level of endgame?

You likely have already noticed that all the new cosmetic items have credits on them, which means we’re actually relying on a few people to help us with that. Which in turns means that… Yes, we are actually working on actual content in the meantime! That being said, we don’t just want to rush some super lame new endgame by just slapping stats all over the place and calling it a day. To give you an example: Love it or hate it, most of you will admit that pets are very very powerful which makes it a real challenge to balance around both pet-users and non pet-users. We would like to avoid such a thing happening again.

However, that doesn’t give us the reason as to why we’re still putting skins out there. Making you able to customize your character is one side of the coin - the other is, and most of you will have already guessed: money. While it’d be great to be able to run a game on passion and goodwill alone, it’s unfortunately not the case. I for one need to buy fresh potatoes off the market every morning to keep the servers running plan carefully how to keep a certain level of money coming in, because without that we’d be running into real life issues real quick - the team would get smaller, updates would get more sparse and slower, you get the gist.

Now I’m not saying that to guilt tripping everyone into buying gold (GIVE ME YOUR MONEY REEEEEEEE), but you should now understand the need for us to keep on producing cosmetic content on a regular basis to keep it fresh for people who buy gold and support the game. To look at it from another angle: If there is something everyone out there hates, it’s Pay2Win. Cosmetics are a great way to keep the game running without starting to nickel and dime every player.

Sooo true, Every time DECA makes an update its always skins and reskins. They need to make more dungeons, not stupid ones like sews or encore or ice tomb. I want a completely new and legitimate duengeon.

Well to be fair it kind of is P2W for the skins, the reskins are pretty obtainable. The thing is that buying keys speeds things up and keeps game running. I agree with the strat, OFC they are low effort (e.g. player made skins) as to not distract from the big changes.

I agree. Too many skins if you ask me.

I used to be able to tell what class someone was by looking at their character…

i feel like ive seen this said like a thousand times (atleast on reddit) but they are adding skins so we have something to do while they wok on the next big update, plus they just did a bunch of rebalancing.

Something to do? All of skins are just money milking. They not even dropping from white bags.

I personally hate the fact that deca will only add reskins and no new content. I get that deca has to make money to keep the servers running, but they give no incentive to players who have char slots and vaults but just want to play. there is nothing there for them. honestly, deca would make more money if they added new vault/char packs with what they are doing. it seems like they just want our characters to look nice. reskins are not going to keep working. the new mardi gras skins look uninspired. there are a few skins that look really great, but its not going to work forever. at least kabam added new skins rarely so that people had time to put the care into making them, like the halloween skins. im tired of having fake content (skins x Chest events shoved down my throat. I want a fun new experience, like rotmg was when it began.

i love that there is going to be new content, but in the meantime to keep our bellies full, add packs and maybe skins/reskins.

Note: sorry for the rant like form, but i’m pissed about this topic!

They’re wooorkiiiiing on it!

can I ask you why you think that sews and encore are not legitimate dungeons?

Yes, way too many reskins and pet stones, but I think they are doing something big. These are released so we don’t get bored

IMO, reskins and pet stones make the game more enjoyable. They make it easier for us to make sets that look better. If we think about it, if people didn’t really like the reskins, they wouldn’t be using a sword of illumination of sun staff and would rather use a cosmic or a dblade, but people go out of their way and buy a sun staff.

please, explain to me how skins are p2w? Not sure I understand

The skins are currently obtainable via only mystery boxes.

I get that, but that’s the “p” part. what about the “w” part?

You pay the dough, you “almost” win the skin

Which has no effect on your gameplay, so it doesn’t help you win. P2W is a term used to describe games where you can pay to get ahead in the game. Just because you have to pay for something doesn’t make it P2W.