New Quiver (Soulstride Quiver)

#Soulstride Quiver

Special thanks to Atrapper for the sprites!

An artifact forged on a distant, dystopian plane .It contains dark energies which grant the wearer strength to go against entire armies.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
    ~MP Cost: 95
    ~Projectiles: 3 (1 archer shot, with 2 (dark purple particle) of the purple “shuriken” moving with 1 Amplitude and Frequency) [refer to sprites at top]
    ~Damage: 300
    ~Projectile Speed: 20 sqrs/second
    ~Range: 10-15
  • Cooldown: 4 seconds
  • Effect:
    ~Increases Vitality, Defense and Spd stat points by 1 point for each monster hit. (Capping up to +9 DEF,+9 VIT & +5 SPD) for 2 seconds. [Refer to Temporary Boosts for further information on the temorary stat increase]
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEX +2 ATK
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 750

So this idea focuses on having the archer be able to make shot that trades in crowd control for an temporary increase of durability, increasing the overall defensive stats of the archer (DEF,VIT & SPD) for those who can utilize this based on their situation

However this comes at a price of accuracy, as well a managing the projectiles to hit as many targets as possible, as the projectile speed is rather fast and have a somewhat unusual way of traveling.

####Drops From:

I apologise on the unclear drop location of this item, suggestions (any at all) will be greatly appreciated!

This idea will need help balancing and overall tweaking so any suggestions, thoughts, ideas or opinions (good or bad) will be greatly appreciated!

Definitely too overpowered; you can deal MASSIVE damage (because of multibinding + armor piercing), while having a range of 40 TILES. Needs huge nerfs.

Well this is… unnecessarily complicated.
I guess its an interesting idea, but you should probably try to make it simple enough to understand from the tooltip.
And drop place, maybe Ghost Ship cuz it doesnt drop shite.

I think you misread the range, it is 10 base range, and increases by 1.5 per second up to a total of 16

very unique idea, though archer already has the best crowd clearing weapon in the game so it wouldnt have much use.

Hello Edwardidk,

to follow up on JonassMann’s comment,

The armor pircing is not armor breaking if every it caused any confusion

Also thanks on taking time to view this post

Disregard my comment about the range; I misunderstood.

Still, the armor piercing still stands. The binding can still cause massive damage, especially if it passes through armor, and the quiver as mentioned by @JonassMann is unnecessarily complicated.

How about making it a short lasting Curse instead? Would achieve pretty much the same effect, but a little bit simpler.

Thanks for viewing my post JonassMann!

“Tooltip”? Sorry Im new to the forums, I would like to know more about this if ever you could explain.

As for the idea of Ghost Ship, Im not really sure to adding it there because I don’t wanna be bounded to the mindset of “Ok if it already has a whitebag, then maybe it might not need another whitebag”, not that really “bad” to think of it like that, but I just really wanna make my ideas unbounded from different things, though I will take it into consideration, Thanks a bunch for the idea though :smiley:

For tooltip i meant the in-game description of the item.
That is why I mentioned the Curse effect so you can just write “Curse for 1 second” or something instead of “Binds all targets hit by projectile (previously bound targets will be unbound), Bound targets recieve 15% of damage dealt to other bounded targets.”, which is a tad bit long

Thanks for replying JonassMann,

Ohhh ok, point taken.

Note: Edits have been made, RIP diagram.

uhh yeah, i was gonna comment on the complicated first idea…

but ok…[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:6036”]
50/MP every second (fires automatically after a maximum of 100 MP spent)
[/quote]

so basically… when you spend 100mp, which increases its range by 2.5 range, so thus the maximum range is 15. Yet you have it written as 16. Also i dont think its a good idea to automatically fire it due to aiming, but let the mp stop draining when you reach that time limit.

also why is it so expensive to increase the range?

also you dont have the normal shot mp cost

Although the sprite makes sense for the Abyss drop, it doesn’t look anything like a Ghost Ship drop, which is, IMO, a better place to drop it, as Abyss already has Dblade, while Gship has no White Bag drops. So, I took it upon myself to make a sprite based on the Lost Soul enemy in Davy Jones’ Locker for this:

As for my thoughts on the idea itself, I actually like it. My only issue with this idea is the piercing; leave mass Curse to the Mystic. That aside, this idea is pretty unique and really nice. I’d rate it 6/10.

Too complicated, maybe remove something.

Drop from Red Demon?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.