New Sword Idea (Sword of Guarding)

Then you might as well remove the CC. We don’t want uts replacing uts, thats just game-breaking. Plus, melees are supposed to be an extremely hard class when unpotted, do you even have an idea why the warrior is the last class to unlock in the first row?

Then melees will simply wreck everything without dying as a maxed 8/8, shattering the entire balance of classes, as they already have the second highest possible dps behind the wizard, even with this sword.[quote=“Drakefind, post:9, topic:5940, full:true”]
Not everyone has CC, it is a lot harder to get. Cems are easy, you can get this relatively early in the game, so it can replace CC if you don’t have it.
[/quote]
True, but does everyone really need something that will boost their def right away?

So cant I, and I dont complain about it.

Not a problem, never a problem. It was specifically designed like that so people know how to FUCKING DODGE BULLETS.

Dying a lot is what makes people good. Go ask the pros, they always say that they got good by dying a lot.

False, he’ll improve on dodging fucking bullets, which is literally the main idea of this game. You, on the other hand, will just soak everything you see and not improve on anything.

False, as hell

Thats true, but how does that apply to the need for this crappy game-breaker?

Because it will break the game. It’s not useless, its way op. I dont hate your idea, I just hate your logic D:

A great way to break the game

How about you actually try to max one instead of whining about how you dont know how to bullet hell.

No, because cc has the disadvantage of loosing immense dps in return of 4 extra def. This sword gives you 6 more def than the “already op cc” you call, with only a slight dps decrease.[quote=“Drakefind, post:34, topic:5940, full:true”]
Me, not being good at melees, could really benefit from an item like this.
[/quote]

Greedy as fuck, do you even care about this game?

Apologies for the very harsh rant.

Because 2 is always better than 1. No, but seriously? What if I don’t want to lose dexterity to CC? What if I want to be a super tank? I can see tons of reasons why I would want a sword to grant def for less DPS.

With Sword of Guarding, ggen, cc, and an hp ring, you can get less DPS, and have a much lower chance of dying. Better survivability. Just depends on playstyle.

I don’t see why this is so bad. If a person doesn’t want this sword, they can just drop it. Problem solved.

He doesn’t have to convince you if you’re not giving any constructive criticism. You could use a tiered armor and a tiered sword, but the OP is saying that it is safer to use this sword. Which is true. It is much safer, in exchange for DPS.

That is completely false. What if I want to learn how to do Shatts without dying? This would help. I don’t need a high damage sword, because there is a chest. The defense could help me tank some shots if I accidentally get hit, so I can continue to learn how not to get hit.

There are many items in this game which you may not need. However, a lot of them help. This is one of those items.

Absolutely not true. I learn from dying all the time. I lost a warrior to Lord Reuthan ones because I though he always spawned in the middle after the bat phase. He does not. He sat on me and killed me instantly. I learned from that, and haven’t died to him on any character since.

Wat? How?

By ensuring the long term survivability, they can learn how to do the dungeons without this sword. Also, earlier you were saying this was useless. Now you are saying it’s overpowered?

No. No. No. No. No. If a noob is relying on this too much, it is not the items fault. It is the noobs fault. That is like saying if a noob is relying on Oreo, then it is Oreo’s fault. No it’s not. It’s the player’s fault.

@Superhamdv

I understand what you are saying. I agree that OP didn’t use enough logic while posting a lot of these replies. However, he was just responding to @XSpinATKx.

He was saying that not everyone can get a CC, so this sword is a good sub in.

Yes, this is completely broken, I agree. OP please nerf a little.

True. However, I don’t think this is replacing CC. I think that this is like an add on. You could use CC, you could use this, or you could use both, depending on your playstyle.

Some people do. PPE’s especially.

So does surviving and running dungeons. This would help with that. [quote=“Superhamdv, post:41, topic:5940”]
False, he’ll improve on dodging fucking bullets
[/quote]

Yes he will. Both OP and @XSpinATKx were completely wrong when they said what they said. However, with this sword, you can dodge bullets, and if you accidentally fail while learning, it is less punishing.

Agreed. I think SpinAttk and OP need to take a breather and realize what they are saying. [quote=“Superhamdv, post:41, topic:5940”]
A great way to break the game
[/quote]

Agreed. Make it rarer.

Well know you are just personally attacking him. Keep it on subject. That is not constructive criticism.

He does. That is why he took the time to make this item. He is saying that people like him could do well with this item, as well as him. Seriously, don’t attack people personally. It’s quite rude.

At least you apologized. I guess.

Very, very sorry for the text wall.

): Your post made my tyranitar sad.

Like what @Superhamdv, lots of pros will tell you that dying significantly improved their gameplay. This sword is like letting you take a shortcut. Even if you run dungeons with this sword, dying is inevitable. You will die!

The problem is, if you don’t have a replacement for this sword, then you’re kind of stuck.

It is actually more punishing than you realize, which is what I’ve been trying to state the entire time.

Wait, and why would a maxed def knight focus on fucking dodging bullets. Hell, you maxed def for a fucking reason. I would focus on dodging on an unpotted knight where shit actually does fucking damage.

I was stating why I couldn’t get a CC. I can find cems.

I agree, but so does surviving.

):

Or I could stick with what I know. I could be a jack-of-all-trades or specialize. Just because someone isn’t good at something doesn’t mean you should yell at them because of that.

This sword does decrease your damage by a very significant amount. Acclaim and Pixie do significantly more damage. A warrior with Acclaim and CC does a lot more damage.

Why would I play or make this post if I didn’t.

Your post wasn’t very nice. Most of it was just bashing me. The part where you talked about the item was actually a little bit helpful.

I feel like you would have a replacement if you have this white bag. Also, I just disagree with your statement that it is more punishing than you realize. I don’t think it is that punishing.

I was just agreeing with what @Superhamdv said. As a 1/8 maxed def knight, you would get the opportunity to dodge high damage bullets. You could learn without much risk.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Welp, that’s all I could have ever wanted.

Good day to you sir.

Well then. My crappy arguments here are done.

I know that, but what if you combine these two? People will get the two and two and make the potentially game-breaking set. And don’t tell me that’s not gonna happen a lot. CC is much more common than you actually expect.

I didnt say that lol, you just quoted a quote.

Well lets weight it. There are more lazy, greedy bastards out there than the good hearted, legit players, much less legit PPErs. PPE specifically shows your skill as being able to get good with extreme risk, it was meant to be very hard and should stay hard. (Wait, its actually not THAT hard if you’re only targeting 6/8 on any melee, a meager dscale still provides the defense to keep you up and running)

But learning to survive and run dungeons comes out of dying. One of the genera of this game is trial and error. This weapon will simply allow people to be rash and eat everything like a glutton with no worry. It removes the need to dodge bullets when combined with other easy-to-obtain items.

Lets weigh it again, what about those lazy, greedy bastards that populate most of this game? Sure, itll help the noobs a lot, but then the item can be “exploited” to make themselves invincible and kill the game. And failing to dodge isnt that punishing, I think dying is actually more rewarding. It gives you a lot of advice and a chance to try for the better.

Or better- never add this

Well, if he actually gets a max going (which is extremely easy to do if you know how to do sprites and snake pits, both very easy dungeons from the start), he’ll eventually realize how much broken melees already are and that milking more def will make the op 8/8s even more op, even if it helps the noobs.

I’m a very rude motherfucker, don’t you agree?

Also, when I mean lazy, greedy bastards, I mean your average idiot who wants of exploit or steal all your loot. If you feel like I’m ranting again, then apologies.

Yes.

@Drakefind Stacking more Def isn’t going to help you. You have two approaches if you want to get better at melee:

-get more range (with Csword for example) and learn how to dodge projectiles from a more comfortable position;

-consider your Hp as a resource that can be spent to defeat enemies and learn how to go in, do massive damage and get out.

Since your Sword of Guarding is stuck at base range with bad damage, it isn’t good for either of those things.

And at a higher level of play? Same thing: you’re either going to want to be able to do a fuckton of damage or to hit the enemy from a safe distance. Stacking more Def isn’t going to do shit when you’re already at the 85% damage reduction cap or everything either goes through your armor or takes away something like 250 Hp per shot.

The sprite isn’t bad (kinda looks like the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda) but the concept is unnecessary.

A little late to the party it seems, but first off, I’d like to encourage folks to take a step back. Passion is good, but do try to direct that passion in a constructive manner. Do remember that this is an idea and only an idea, and that ideas can be modified and improved upon; also, keep in mind that this idea does not exist and there’s no guarantee that it will ever exist. There’s no point in ever coming to a thread and insisting that an idea is wrong. The Ideas subforum is supposed to be a place where people have fun by sharing things that they’ve brainstormed; not a headache.

As for this idea, I think it falls into what I consider to be a beginner’s trap: that more DEF makes one more death-proof. While that’s true to a small extent, it is not the be-all and end-all stat for survivability. Consider what RMGnoob has said:

I would also suggest that SPD is an angle you could consider. You can’t get in, get your damage in, and get out if you don’t move very quickly–plus, all the DEF in the world won’t save you from O2’s shotgun. Melee classes survive by dodging big hits and using their high DEF and VIT together to brush off multiple small hits. Once your DEF is around 20, Life, SPD, and range are much more important to survivability than DEF.

It’s also important to keep the damage reduction cap in mind, which RMGnoob also mentioned.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.