Patch Notes 27.7.X8

In this release we have pushed some bug fixes and improvements.

Updated:

• Halloween Season is over and the Autumn Nexus was introduced. Feel free to bask in it’s glory
  • Zombie Hordes and Halloween themed enemies are no longer spawning
  • Improvements to the mystery box shop - there will be a timer on most boxes to indicate when they will run out
  • Halloween Candy is no longer dropping and excess candies were removed from the inventories
  • Ent Behavior updated: In order to make Ent Sitting less likely, we made some small design tweaks.

Fixed:

• Occurrences of “Invalid Account Error” on Steam

Notes:
Note that you will still be able to use the Halloween Cemetary Keys you already have and get the same loot from the boss as before. The only thing not dropping anymore is Halloween Candy.

Cross post from reddit:

Dungeon Error?

Hmm, can anyone confirm if they no longer chase players?

This is a pretty good update if the ent-sitting prevention works. I’m estimating that 88% of sitting problems will be eradicated because now only avatar-sitting remains.

Yep. They wander now.

It also seems as though the Nature Sprites’ behaviour changed: no longer spawning additional ents at the end of the invulnerable stage?

Am I the only person who thinks it’s sad that a player four months inactive had to tell us this?

? well its Doc…

I’d argue the inactive bit. In-game yes, but there’s more to RotMG than just the game.

That reminds me, I need to reply to that other topic.

Well…

What I was trying to say was that found it quite funny that you - having not logged in for four-months - were the one to inform our community of the details regarding the newest update.

Didn’t say you were inactive in general, just that you’re more up-to-date than those who actually play the game :wink:

Something I learned back in the wee days of the interwebs: lurk more.

That, and it hit testing so I knew the details. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

this is kinda sad update…

what? you used to 2 big updates /week now?

No.

Please elaborate, how is this update sad?

Unless you’re an ent-sitter of course, I see no reason to be; all that happened was Halloween update reverted, minor bug fixed and ent-sitting countermeasures)

I do really like how ent sitting is less likely.

Ent sitting: fixed?

I asked for elaboration on this: why do you dislike or think that this update is ‘sad’?

just is to me man…

But I’m actually interested why you think that. I’ll stop after this post if you don’t want to share.

Same looking nexus from last year. No special holiday enemies like Halloween. No new nothing…

Ah, well give Deca some slack matey, they’ve pushed out some pretty darn good updates in the short time they’ve been driving this bus.

I’m sure we’ll get something nice for Christmas, I’ll bet you a picture of my dongle.

I would have liked the update if they had a new Nexus than the one from last year, the year before that, and the year before that.