Poor Cursor Calibration Affecting Weapon Aim

As anyone who has tried to shoot in one of the cardinal directions knows, the weapons do not fire directly at the cursor. For those that do not know what I am talking about, the next two pictures are for you:

As you can see, there is a pretty large discrepancy, especially when it comes to the y-axis. This can make it difficult to aim.

I am not sure what is causing the problem, but I know that changing cursors does not ameliorate the problem. Furthermore, this problem seems to affect all classes equally. Rotating the camera angle also does not fix the issue.

I have also found that there is at least 1 place where the cursor path and the actual shot path do seem to align as seen below:

###If anyone knows how to fix the problem, please do let us know!

Also, you forgot to mention: changing the cursors dont effect it.

This is probably why im so trash at wands and dbow.

The horizontal axis is the x-axis :slight_smile:

But yeah that’s really odd, as i’ve never actually run into this problem myself.

Or perhaps I have and just blamed it on my awful mouse-eye coordination.

In any event, I’m not sure if there is much that can be done about this so you might have to change your playstyle accordingly and, well, I suppose just get used to it. RotMG is far from perfect, although I acknowledge that this appears to be a fairly…big problem.

It was just hidden in the middle there Scorch.

The problem has a larger discrepancy with the vertical aim, as seen when you move your cursor to the left or right. That would put it in the y-axis. I know, it’s rather counterintuitive :slight_smile:

I notice it most when using something with unusually high required precision, like the sentient staff. Usually, you have to position your cursor/character so that you are the right distance away from your target to make sure that you are hitting them on one of the nodes of the oscillation (where both the shot streams cross). This is really thrown off when your vertical and horizontal mouse/shot sync is misaligned.

eh… too many pics …

oh have you tried changing the screen size? im assumming your using adobe flash, so maybe changing sizes effects things?

RIP. Flash player and rotmg don’t get along on my computer. I can resize the window though, but it doesn’t really seem to help :frowning:

I did not read anything so sorry if this has been mentioned or is mute but. (Hate reading on phone)

The shadow is where the actual shot is.

This does appear to be the case. I never noticed, since I usually play with shadows turned off.

Since it seems that the game is already rendering where the actual shot will be via the shadow, it would like be an easy fix for DECA to move the shot to the current shadow location and recalculate a new shadow. This is a much needed and rather simple quality of life adjustment.

Would be great but I think I may freak out and explode and die if they change where my shot comes from 6 years later.

Nothing in life will ever feel the same.

oh…

ive never played with shadows on…

well tbh i noticed that a long time ago while i was doing cems (allways aiming a tad lower than where the boss spawns) but i just got used to so i didnt care that much

It seems like one of those things that has been wrong for so long that it has become right.

This is why Monster have hit boxes. Imagine if you had to hit the exact center to do damage.

lol… thats the reason i dont use wand on sorcerer, play priest as a melee. Use etherite/spirit dag for the slight studder.

I can’t aim at all… after so long…

They have hit boxes because out shots don’t aligned with our cursors? What.

Lol the more I think about the the more I think I high

Introducing: Scorching Mist - a weapon that fires homing shots.

Coming soon to a Scorchmist near you.

lol. I was actually considering a weapon with my name in it.

However, it heals the mobs 10k hp EACH and EVERY shot!

You have just corrupted a wish