The Whine Cellar: A Dungeon by POWER

is that plato giving us all the finger?

the idea is nice, but the minions/boss are way to op and the loot table needs a rework (at the current state, the dungeon would be simply not rewaring enough to be done)

Mad lab set?

Thanks for all of your feedback.

After thinking about UT vs ST, I have decided that UT is the way to go. It has always been my opinion that playing ROTMG should be clean and intuitive–not necessarily simple or barebones–but also thoughtful and strategic.

UT items have unique qualities making them suited for certain playstyles, certain enemies, certain cooperative attributes. They can be replaced, equipped at any time without penalty. They are not just “stronger:” they can add a new dimension to the game. Take the Oreo, for example: it is a large part of what makes high-level Paladin gameplay viable and attractive. Take the Dirk of Cronus: in conjunction with a rogue’s cloak, it is capable of dealing tremendous damage at a low range.

Now look at STs. If I am not mistaken, a large amount of STs are reskins, such as the entire Oryx set, and some are not viable unless combined with the entire set, such as the Scepter of Geb. What does this add to the game? The reskins and combos only add complexity, not depth; furthermore, you lose the freedom of freely equipping untiered items without the set penalty. Some ST items have merit in and of themselves: I won’t debate that. But wouldn’t they be more fitting as UTs?

Between UT and ST, my preference is clear.

For those saying that this dungeon is overpowered compared to current encounters, I agree.

Keep in mind, however, that the dungeon was conceived in conjunction with my idea to revamp the whole game (make ROTMG hard again): especially with pets, ROTMG players at the highest level don’t experience much difficulty. Part of my idea was to make new servers only accessible to those who have at least one maxed stat and provide a truly difficult endgame experience (buff Oryx 2, anyone?) through this. The Whine Cellar fits the difficulty of this scheme very well: I would argue that it would be an exciting (and not impossible) challenge to the best players, even if it is not rewarding enough compared to the current state of the game.

That said, I should probably stop my laziness idealism and actually balance this dungeon to fit the current level of difficulty.

Oo-arr, I remember this, and especially the incessant comments on the original forum that:
‘not all of the default names were used, hur hur hur’!
I also remember thinking that the sprites for the UTs were ahead of their time; and it is interesting to see that only now has the actual game ‘caught up’ stylistically.

I love the nostalgia, and the idea remains incredible c:

So basically, you rip’d off O2 and changed it so that Unnamed Accounts will drop a wine cellar. I don’t approve of this at all

To be clear, the dungeon is a parody of the general sentiment toward noobs (not new players) and not meant to mirror the wine cellar in anything other than name (though the layout of the second part is based on the wine cellar). What about the dungeon makes you think it’s a ‘ripoff’ of the wine cellar?

The T6 rings are their old skins in the drops. also, are you saying ubhp will drop here instead of deca ring? That would be pretty wierd.

btw if your new here you might not want to e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ listen to what “zlushy” says

anyway about the idea:

I love the work put in to make it joke-like but not completley stupid. The boss is brilliant and makes ranged characters more useful, even though some of those uts (or sts) may be a bit op. Also that phase where the boss fires out t2 tomes reminds me when I sold a t2 tome for a cosmic when they were worth tons.

Yeah, I didn’t mean that. I’ll get around to changing that gif.

OP, you say the lord of the bots make text boxes to cover view. Players can turn off the text bot bubbles in the chat or whatever.

Oh my god, I remember seeing this back in the Wildshadow days! Make this happen!

Really cool dungeon, but the spellbomb is too op, and those mobs can insta anybody with their spellbomb. Cool dungeon!

Ice adepts can insta anybody with their ice spheres. Just makes the dungeon that drops tops harder.

the boss’ def is too high

yea, but u can predict it. You can’t predict the spell bombs

@PwrNewAcct On your website, add links to your tome and sword ideas as they are one of the greatest ideas in the entire forum.

Did that.

:slight_smile:

@Puffagod @Atrapper @Xaklor

I’m looking to create a new dungeon in the future called Dimension Zero. Would any one of you be interested in a collaboration? From my site: