Tome of the Ancient Druids

But it’s too situational. The instances where I would attempt to move my cursor and lose dps to heal is when there is a friend/guildie.

Even if the t5 has 7.5 range that means 1.5 of the priest’s wand range is being thrown out. This is for priests who want to play as safe as they can.

This is for priests that was to play as safely as possible (at their wand’s max range) Hitting sb damage is easy if you’re maxed. Recomp does 110 on average, meaning you should get sb (assuming the sb thresh is 2000 which I have been told oryx has) in only 18-20 shots. Hitting that would be easy with the priest’s piercing shots. Is a situational item bad? Jugg is situational. So is ogmur.

Jugg is pretty much a straight upgrade from the t6, but I think the point has come across

So you’re telling me that this tome is for the people who want to be at 9 tiles away from the boss safely hitting them and healing people nearby. I don’t think their are many priests who want to maximize their range. If you could do that and never get it, why would you need a tome? Mundane priest ppe’s all day.

It doesn’t matter what the soulbound is. Players want to feel like they have done adequate damage, so if they miss some shots because they had to heal a knight, they might not get soulbound. And then they’ll think that them healing the knight is the justification for lack of loot.

I never said a situational item is bad. All UT’s should be situational. There is a fine line, however, between situational and too situational.

On a normal client, the farthest you can see with off-centered mode is about 7.5 to 8 tiles. Who are you making this tome for exactly? Players using a fullscreen hack??

Priest was doing fine as a support class even back before pets or Wis modifiers, when I’m pretty sure all tomes had a smaller range, so why would you need more range on your tome now?

Some people prefer t6. Some prefer jugg. It’s still situational as armored is obsolete when armor broken. T6 is obsolete when slowed. The point that I am trying to make is that an item isn’t bad just because it is situational.

I don’t play off centered so idk how far you can see. I just thought that the healing coming from your cursor would make for a cool/different tome. This would still be useful as it could reach further when your cursor is placed on the very edge of your screen.

And somehow you never noticed that your shots were going far away offscreen or that your tome was already affecting everyone on your screen?

Why would you try to heal people offscreen? You would either use your Tome on them when they don’t need healing or miss them completely.

Right now, the only thing you could do with this Tome is take advantage of the reduced range to heal only yourself and not people around you.

I guarantee you, you never want to heal a loot stealing melee

It’s RNG. I’ve had a lvl 5 priest get loot over me when playing on a max atk knight.

That’s actually a good idea. Maybe you could put the exact healing/mana cost stats?

I think it should have a high mana cost though. If it could be spammed, then it would kill other healing tomes.

added more stats.

added healing values based off of Realmeye’s wiki equations.

Very unique idea! I haven’t looked at the balancing yet, but I do have a few mathematical concerns about the healing.

If your wisdom is 29, your healing is 300 and your healing buff is 7.
If your wisdom is 30, your healing is 200+4*30/3=200+40=240 and your healing buff is 5+30/30=6. This ends up being worse than 29. Here is my suggestion, keeping the same slopes:

Healing: 260+4*wis/3
Healing buff: 6+wis/30

rip messed up the equation one moment.

EDIT: Fixed.

Healing nerfed as I thought 300 was a bit high.

added additional stats.

You should probably list the numbers for wis<30 and 75 wis like the realmeye wiki does, just so readers don’t have to whip out a calculator to see how balanced it is.

As an avid team healer, I like the concept. Unlike some (most?), I prefer not to go deep chasing melees into the thick of battle. I mean, wands pierce and have long range, so getting up close has no benefit and higher risk. I might prefer the AoE to be a bit tighter: too large and it becomes OP and doesn’t require as much skill or attention to your teammates. It would also be interesting having a self-heal effect something like a reverse necro: the priest would get a heal in some relation to the total amount of healing of others. Say you miss, it’s a total waste, but if you hit a group of three for a total of +600 then you’d get 1/3 or +200 for yourself.