What is Generally Unacceptable in RotMG?

#What is Generally Unacceptable in RotMG.
Brought to you by ConsoleMC

Introduction: Please know that this is not an official list, nor is it a full list.

This guide will hopefully tell you what is generally unacceptable.

I believe @Poopythell made a guide like this.

#Changelog (12/08/2016) * Added Whining. * Added Begging. * Added Dragging. * Added Leeching.
##Scamming The act of scamming means to “steal” someone’s item while in the trade transaction menu. This is commonly done by imitating an item, deselecting, and more. Doing this can make you rich in the short run, but can tarnish/ruin your reputation in the long run.

Some consequences of scamming are, but not limited to: The RealmEye Scammer Tag, Players Ignoring You, etc.

If you are a regular scammer, know that your reputation will tarnish, and you will be ignored.

Note: If you were scammed, do not whine about it, nor make a big deal about it. Type in the following command: /tell mreyeball tag scammer [Player Name] and move on.

##Cheating The act of cheating literally means to cheat the game in ways that are unfair for players who don’t cheat. If you use a hacked client, a modified client, or a third-party website that intentionally modified the game, you are technically cheating. If you can walk through walls (no-clip), run faster than a maxed speeding ninja or a maxed speeding priest (Speed Hack), re-enter a dungeon after 30 seconds from Nexus (Reconnect), immediately nexus without pressing the Nexus key/button (Auto-nexus), or more, you are hacking.

Some consequences of cheating are, but not limited to: The RealmEye Cheater Tag, A Sentence Ban, Lifetime Ban, etc.

If you are a regular cheater, know that your reputation will tarnish and you will possibly be banned.

Note: Do you see a cheater? Get your recording app/video camera out! Record the cheater, submit video to Deca via Support ticket, and give that cheater his punishment!

Don’t have a recording device or app? Do this command: /tell mreyeball tag cheater [Player Name].

##Gate-Crashing a Private Dungeon The act of gate-crashing a private dungeon means that you entered a dungeon (that was paid with real money and hosted for a certain group of people other _than_ you) with/without the intentions of ruining it.

While you generally can’t get banned for this offense, your reputation will be tarnished. Multiple acts of such will generally earn you the Scammer Tag (has happened).

It is best to listen to what the hoster says if you happen to find a dungeon opened somewhere (e.g. Bazaar). Unless the hoster tells you to stay, you should leave. If the hoster gives certain rules pertaining to the dungeon, listen to it.

Some consequences of gate-crashing are, but not limited to: Tarnished reputation, lots of curses directed towards you, etc.

##Spamming This is extremely self-explanatory. Someone who is committing the act of spamming is literally typing in useless nonsense over and over again through chat. Spam that is done well can cover someone’s screen completely, leading to death of that player.

You may be banned for this offense, but it will most likely not be a lifetime ban. Your reputation, however will die.

Some consequences of spamming are, but not limited to: People ignoring you, possible ban, etc.

##Troll-Calling Troll-calling (also can be known as Fake-calling, prank-calling, etc.) is the act of calling something out despite the fact it isn’t near the vicinity of you. An example is calling a Candy Land when a Candy Land isn’t anywhere near you. Another example is calling ROCK DRAGON in front of a literal rock.

Some consequences of troll-calling are, but not limited to: People ignoring you, possible ban (if serious enough), etc.

##[Insert Powerful Monster/God/Event Name Here]-Sitting The act of [Insert Powerful Monster/God/Event Name Here]-Sitting is using a hacked client/exploit to literally sit on a monster and call out dungeons appealing to legit players. Usual consequences are people who teleport to you dying instantly, with little to no chance of survival. This act generally combines the use of hacked clients, spamming, and troll-calling, thus the consequences from those sections can also apply to here.

Some consequences of [Insert Powerful Monster/God/Event Name Here]-Sitting are, but not limited to: People ignoring you (if they know what’s going on), Lifetime or Long Sentence Ban, Dead reputation, community hate towards you, any consequences from hacked clients, spamming, and troll-calling, etc.

##Discrimination The act of discrimination is to literally segregate people based on race, gender, rank, etc (or as Trof says of my definition, _You can’t be serious!_). This can usually lead to a ban, but in most cases, people will simply ignore you and move on.

Some consequences Discrimination are, but not limited to: Possible ban, ignore by other people, etc.

##Begging The act of begging is to constantly ask for free items. While annoying at some points, people tend to ignore. This is not a bannable offense.

Some consequences of Begging are, but not limited to: Ignoring of the Beggar, tarnished reputation.

##Leeching The act of leeching is to stay in a safe spot (e.g. spawn) and wait for a player to rush through a dungeon/realm to the destination (e.g. boss/event). Generally, leeching can happen because of: leecher is low-leveled, leecher has little to no experience, leecher does not wish to die, etc.

While generally frowned upon, there technically is no punishment or consequences associated with leeching.

Some consequences of Leeching are, but not limited to: Tarnished reputation.

##Dragging The act of dragging is to drag monsters with or without the intent to kill a player. If the incident is severe enough, it can lead to a bannable offense. Take Linkii’s videos for example – he was banned for dragging.

Some consequences of Dragging are, but not limited to: Tarnished reputation, possible sentence/life ban, etc.

#Whining The act of whining is to **literally** whine. Usually, a player would see another player complaining about something, or may be mad at something (e.g. unfair death). Usually, whining does not hold any severe consequences.

Some consequences of Whining are, but not limited to: Tarnished reputation, ignoring the whiner, etc.

##Note Please do NOT post unacceptable actions to Youtube, the forum, or anywhere else. This will only encourage others to follow suit, and will divide the community more.

To see some of my guides and ideas for RotMG, please click here: ConsoleMC’s Portal. For any questions, please contact me via RealmEye.

Irrelevant Info: All of my guides are stored on a USB Drive. So please feel free to vandalize. I will put it back.

Legitimate Question Not a Joke [Is there a guide on etiquette?]

Wow Thanks Trof.

wut

Randomly trading people. It’s annoying and rude. Don’t do it.

Is random /trade 'ing beneficial?

I’ll add that later. Thanks!

people pretending to be youtubers.
not cool.

Thanks for the feedback!

:+1:

Doesn’t this just go for life in general?

True. Thanks for the feedback.

rotmg is life.

I really don’t like scammers especially since they like to target noobs who don’t know what an item is actually worth and they end up tricking them. It’s real sad someone has to trick someone into giving up their valuable items just because it’s easier.

Alright so i have a quick question about the cheating one where it says no going through walls. Does that apply to the cloak because i’ve seen that those who have the cloak can become invisible and walk through walls so would that still be considered cheating or does that not count as cheating since it’s in the game and tons of people do that?

For cloaks, unless you have Cloak of the Plane Walker, going invisible won’t let you walk through walls.

Alright just making sure so since a rogue showed me him going invisible and passing the wall at nexus.

like me?

Feel like that was worded incorrectly :3 Cloak of the Plane Walker allows you to teleport from one place to another, thus bypassing walls and shortening your path, it doesn’t allow you to walk through walls.

Cloak of the Plane Walker allows you to teleport from one place to another, thus bypassing walls and shortening your path, it doesn’t allow you to walk through walls.

I forgive you.