What should I do with an 8/8 pally?

I already maxed out an archer, but pretty soon I died from stupid confuse bots in mad lab, dumb me.

I decided to max another character since i had a huge vault of life + rest of my chars (besides one assassin im building in place of my archer), so what should I do with the pally? Farm abysses or something? I really don’t know what to do with him as I don’t want to die another stupid death as I did with my archer.

Farm glands and easy dungeons if you don’t want to lose it.

Usually when I have a character I play the game.

Wait…

How tf did you die on an 8/8 archer? Like 8/8, from the confuse bots?!

Seriously, if your playstyle is that, umm, wrong, then you might want to make an 8/8 knight.

But if you wanna keep your pally, it’s basically good for anything. With a pixie, glands is a joke and so is every other dungeon. Tombs are nice for pally and so are shatts. I’d have to say that pally is the most profitable melee.

help me max :wink:

You should use oreo then stand on top of Oryx 2

Nah, just stand on O2, no oreo required

Pally’s are great at abysses, but it will take a lot of them to ‘gain’ your investment back. If you look at this guide (shameless self-advertisting), you can see an 8/8 pally costs around 40 life, and if you’re going with 8 vit per life, that’s gonna be 320 abysses before you pay back your pally.

Which isn’t hard considering the rate at which abysses drop and the time it takes to rush them.

I have an uncommon pet basically so I can’t rush that well, I think I’ll need at least half max rare

Lol nope.

I can rush fine with a maxed uncommon. If you can’t rush, try rush clearing. Just clear as fast as you can.

Pally is very good for grinding dungeons. High survivability as well. I strongly recommend it as a farming class if you are rebuilding.

The abysses themselves aren’t, but doing freaking 320 of them is.

I’d like to see how many you’ve done if you’d unprivate your graveyard; my 7k knight is a bit over 600 abysses done (mind you I stopped doing them since the no-def update at around 5k fame).

Of course, I’m applying this reasoning on the assumption that OP will use this pally to farm back the invested pots to 8/8. Which is a lot of abysses on one character.

Which is hard.

yes but when i bring a pally in a wine cellar i will never see it again ;(

kill it.

Umm.

I guess you could say I’m a scrub.

I don’t really do abysses. I just got my red star to look more credible in terms of merching. I don’t really do much dungeons for that matter.

The assumption of using only the pally to yield a profit on the character investment isn’t a very safe one as the OP states he has a throwaway sin. Abysses aren’t the only thing a pally has to do. Doing 320 abysses may take some time.

The only reason why I bothered retorting was the tone of your original comment, which made it seem like 320 abysses was a piece of cake.

And OP was asking what he should do with an 8/8 pally and mentioned abysses. Because asides from godlands and respective dungeons, it’s not too wise to do Shatters or what not if you don’t know what you’re doing yet.

You should farm for my paladin, then we can both kick ass with our 8/8 paladins!

Abysses are a piece of cake. Considering the lifetime of any 8/8 char, it is entirely possible to return the investment just by farming abysses. As for 320 abysses, the calc was incorrect because you forgot to factor the occasional def drop. So, it is generally far less.

As for not knowing what you are doing, I mentioned he has a throwaway sin. And, with the guides online, it is possible to learn how to Shatters without ever doing one.

Sigh. It’s really hard to express my tone over the Internet. 320 abysses are not a piece of cake, but abyss, as a dungeon is definetely a slice of the cake for an 8/8 pally.

All I needed to know, thanks.

And tbh, I had bad phrasing because 320 abysses is no different than 10, and no different from 1000.

It’s just patience, and not doing other stupid things when you’re bored out of your mind that would kill the character.