6th star at 5000 fame

5 stars is enough.

Not really, 5 stars is easy for a lot of people to achieve, even without fame training, especially in the age where dungeons such as lost halls/parasite and quest chests give so much fame (I once went from 800 to 864 in a lost halls, even though I had to leave in the middle). Usually 900-1000 base fame is enough to get you to 5 stars (turn autofire off and get accurate if not sharpshooter, kill oryx at least once, you explore a lot of tiles generally, thirsty, 17% gear, enemy of the gods).

:open_mouth:
ghzd still aleive on te forums

Ignoring getting to 2k via unusual and deliberate routes, 2000 is enough for the top tier star, if you’ve gained that through normal playing either through 2k alive, or dying and getting it, you have done that class “enough” for a win condition, and you can move on to the next class.

There’s no need to have higher targets for fame/XP that could take months to achieve or force players into feeling like they have to seek out XP/trains/etc at all costs, trying to hit 5k. It wouldn’t make the game any better, and you wouldn’t have any more knowledge of a player by seeing a 5k achievement, than you get with a 2k.

maybe just add those best of the best endgame dungeons like oryx’s paracosm and the beyond, and make them give tons of exp, before adding any extra stars

Terrible. Realm doesn’t need another star it’s just overkill. This was thought of by literally almost every player at some point in their lives.

2000 = 5 stars
10000 = 6 stars
100000 = 7 stars

thats like saying samurai was terrible because it was a common idea

Fame is already a meaningless construct and has honestly played a role in the destruction of the community.

scribbles stuff down in notes
ill save that for later…

Instead of class quests, I propose ranks based on total lifetime fame across all classes, which update when a character dies. Ranks could be organized by color, number, and insignia, like so:

Elaborate

The samurai sort of is. I was hoping for some new mechanism to come with it but no. The samurai is a little plain, at least in my opinion.

at least they didnt choose sheaths aka the one idea literally everybody suggested

The ability were you charge at the enemy? Lol this community sometimes.

by that i mean the one idea that every samurai class idea incorporated, regardless of functionality

Well, I’d say ranks could start off easy to obtain (say, under 1000 total fame to go from Bronze One to Steel One) but see requirements increase steeply. Again, living fame doesn’t matter, only fame on death, so it’d be fair to set up Platinum ranks as truly long-term goals (90K for Platinum One, following the formula).

Because of the difficulty involved in reaching the later ranks, higher-ranked players could be entitled to perks, like the ability to claim better account names than everyone else.

whats the fame req to max out platinum though, if 90k is just to get to it?

I like the reuse of the old ranking symbols. However, I think more should factor into ranking than just fame. Fame doesn’t say much about a player who sits in godlands all day. Perhaps implement a completed dungeons threshold? Or other achievements that must be accomplished.

Say, different ranks for different aspects of the game. Complete 1000 trades, get a “trader” badge, complete 100 shatters, get a xxx badge, etc. And by badge I just mean a little line added to the rank symbol or something of the likes. A combination of all these achievements would be the highest rank, symbolizing a well-rounded player.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, this ranking system is wholly new and original