A second language thread

Yeah, the main example I got is “f*ck you” which if I translate it directly would mean to… penetrate your anus yourself?

I know. That’s why I said “simple things and memes”.

I spent almost a month in Prague between November and December 2002 and it was magical. Am I too late to go back?

I speak English fluently, obviously, and I’m learning Spanish and French in school. Unfortunately, both my Spanish and French are absolute trash, but I’m trying.

blin is sort of used like in america the use the word fuck sooooooo

It is not worth your time in my opinion, it would just shatter your image of prague but my country has many other cities to visit besides prague

yes do keep trying if you find passion in it

yeah but you could say blin in school and not get in trouble. I can’t imagine a school any english speaking school being fine with someone saying “fuck”

Tell the teacher you were practicing saying animal names in French.

Works every time.

I can’t think of any words like that in my language though I know Swedish is notorious for having many

That’s a lot of languages man. I just want to learn some Spanish but I’m not sure where to start…

I’ve looked into it since everyone has talked about it and I would say Duolingo is a great free way to start to a grasp on a language

but on top of that, you should read books in the language, start with children books. like 5 words on the page and move up to harder books from there

finding a comrade that speaks that language is nice too, so you can comfortably chat with them and not feel the pressure of a classroom when learning a language.

another thing is you need the drive to do it, so you might want to take in some of the cultures so you are more inclined to learn the language

set goals but of course be realistic these things do not happen instantly and sometimes you won’t see much progress

on top of books simple children’s shows can be a way to start to, watch a show and then write out what you think it’s saying then watch it again with subtitles to see how close you were as a test.

if you have determination and passion to do it you can at least get a basic grasp on a language

Indian for reading and writing

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.