A solution to balancing and steamrolling

One of the biggest problems in realm is the steam rolling of bosses. It deters away new players because they have little to no chance of getting loot in large bosses like events or O1/O2 without experience and extra risk. Loot and gameplay would be so much better if all the bosses weren’t steam rolled all the time.

One extreme example is O1, my favorite fight, or at least used to be before Oryx insta pops during the first phase. Oryx gets absolutely destroyed with even a small group of maxed players, not to mention 60. It isn’t fun, and is an extreme lag fest. I’m proposing that boss HP scales depending on the damage done during the first phase of every boss, like liches and ents.

O1 for example, if at least 50% is drained in the first phase, health is regained and increased to 100,000. If at least 75% of his hp is drained in the first phase, his health is regained and and his max HP increases to 150,000. (From the original 85,000) This gives really good maxed players in a small team more of a challenge. If his HP is completely drained, then all health is regained and his HP scales to a whopping 180,000. (Also, make oryx 1 and his minions stun and paralize immune already, and add more damage to that first phase so melees can’t dblade oryx. )

I’m not gonna put balancing for every boss here, but you get the point. Scaling all bosses health like this would fix a lot of the problems in the game. Non melees would have a great chance of SB, even in giant groups. Loot should also drop at higher amounts, as fights will take much longer. The chance for pots should increase tremendously, and no longer should 1 person at limon not get dex in a 2 person group. There won’t be any need for any severe class balancing, as everyone will be able to qualify for loot. (As in, don’t nerf melees into the ground plz deca.)

Lets make this a civilized discussion, and talk about the pros and cons of rebalancing ROTMG like this.

_Mod edit: moved to Ideas - Other since we're discussing your idea and not the game. -Doc_

[Also reformatted text. OB]

Knight nerf

I don’t think steamrolling applies to o1, everyone pretty much can get their SB damage in (not to mention even easier on o2). It’s just that the amount of loot disributed to a lot of players in a big group (even though pretty much everyone hit sb) is horrible. But events, that’s a different matter ;(

Steam rolling to me is having bosses that die before they produce any amount of fun.

aka most bosses in this game

I agree with Shatter’s view on steamrolling.

I think that it would be a good idea to have HP scaling implemented into boss fights. An Oryx fight shouldn’t feel like you are simply destroying a chest waiting for your loot. Like Nmiller mentions, O1 gets popped in his first stage and it is quite rare to see him go through any other stage unless you have quite a small group going into the fight. O1 has been updated in the past (ie. the addition of Oryx’s final rage stage) and it makes sense that he receives another update to make the fight actually feel like a fight again. With HP scaling added into the fight, it would make it so he would put up more of a fight. #MakeOryxGreatAgain

You’re damn right, I really miss the incentive to dodge bullets.

I can get loot from oryx, only because I’m a maxed rogue. I will never forget the adrenaline rush I had when I was on my 7/8 knight doing oryx 1 with only 3 other people(started with 4 but the nooby warrior died)

Well… what’s the difference between a small Piñata and a big one?

I mean it won’t fix any problems. If it was going to be steamrolled before, now it’s just going to get steamrolled 5-20 seconds later.

Now if how the boss acted differently based on the amount of people fighting it, that would change some things.

With that amount of HP and stun immune, in 01’s example, that isn’t gonna take 5-20 seconds if this hp scaling idea was implemented correctly.

And i doubt people will think it would be a good idea either.

I mean, if the only way to make things not get wiped instantly is literally making a single class not be able to use their special ability, the boss isn’t what needs to change.

(Personally, i’d make Knight give weak to itself for 3 seconds when it stuns an enemy that’s already stunned.)

Boom, balanced. (inb4 people assume i wouldn’t change other classes and call this stupid just for that reason)

stun immune? so knights can just suicide their chars since they are usless than.

I think that making it so:

• Min of 4 realms per server
  • Two are capped at 85, one at 30 and one at 15

Would be ideal. Easier to implement as well.

#Great idea!

That would make going for the first stun the only available choice. Being just half a second late to the party would cause severe loss of DPS for no good reason. Not mentioning that Knight’s stun is there to make Knight safer, so preventing him from using that ability kinda defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

In before people just jump into the 15-cap one and make permanent and paid private trains…

Do this for Thessal. Public OTs are stupid boring because thessal gets stomped

The Knight could still easily get SB using its shield. But you’re right, it should be dependent on that single user. So the first stun is fine, then all the rest of your stuns give you weak, but only if you hit it while it’s stunned.

So, if you don’t want to get weakened, you’ll have to wait till the enemy is unstunned to stun it again.

Would make Knight still an OP defense class, but its offensive capabilities would make it so Knight is played less. It might even… gasp make Knights not be extremely overplayed.

I’m not saying that EVERY boss should get stun immune, just O1. I can show you a video of a solo with no stuns on knight.

And i’m saying stun immune is on so many bosses that adding it to old content will lead to a slipperly slope of horrible balances that will run around the problem of the Knight and never fixing it.

All it takes is one crooked shelf to keep you occupied and left unable to fix the gas lines, and sure as hell it’ll be the end of you.

I am gonna bring this up from another post: Elder Realms. Theyre harder versions of our current realm, so it should be implemented for maxed players. This is probably not gonna prevent steamrolling but maxed players take higher risk for higher reward in elder realms.

Nobody knows exactly what “Elder Realms” should be. Do you just make reskins of everything and buff the fuck out of it, like for the Epic Dungeons? Do you make completely new realms with completely new biomes, enemies and quests? How can these new realms be accessed? etc…

It’s way too vague of an idea for you to go: “why don’t we just do that?”.

Check that out. Kind of what I mean with elder realms.