Ability to move replies

I do not think this ability is bad in any way, I actually think it’s pretty useful. I just think it should be more monitored and have something about it that makes people with this power think twice about moving a reply. A reply I made recently was moved into a thread where the OP said literally the exact same thing I did. In an event like this I shouldn’t have to explain to the OP why I copied his post and replied it to him, instead the person responsible for moving it should provide a reason or just simply delete the reply he thought didn’t belong.

This is not a witch hunt and this certainly isn’t whining. I am just simply tired of replies being moved without thought. All of this could be fixed if the one moving the reply had to give a compelling reason for it that can be reviewed by a moderator if necessary, thus making them think harder about moving it.

@Nevov is the one in question here.

nevov is merely doing his job, and from what i see he does move topics/replies pertaining to relevance. link whatever you’re talking about and they’ll (probably) look into it.

Nevov and I are the only 2 with this power that arnt mods. (Well and zxcv)

So there doesnt really have to be a change as to how it works just voice your concern with the person.

Personally i like to make replys make sense when i move a post. Nevov usally leaves a note, just didint that time.

Just out of curiosity, do you also have the power to delete a reply?

Leaving a note is a pretty simple task but when it’s able to be forgotten then why not, instead, make them give a reason for moving that is then automatically noted on the moved reply? Then there is no forgetting and I don’t have to edit my reply to avoid looking like an idiot.

We can edit and move. Or do some sneaky things like make a topic mive ur reply to that topic and unlist the topic.

As for your suggestion it may be just how discourse works and not for the REF mods to decide

Why not just be given the power to delete then? Smh…

Anyways the point I was trying to make from the beginning is that my reply being moved is like if a reddit admin saw an identical post in 2 different subreddits and then took the most recent one and moved it to the other subreddit. Then you’re stuck with everyone thinking you double posted and have to delete or edit it. I understand double posting on reddit isn’t frowned upon, at least they don’t show it, but on here it certainly isn’t something I wanted to deal with.

Let me reassure you that I don’t do this “without thought” as you seem to suggest.

I know that it is significant for people’s content to be changed, so I only even consider merging topics in the clear circumstances that it is a repost of the same subject being discussed, (like yours was) because there is no point for forumers to need to read through the same discussion in several parallel locations.

I understand that your post was made to look out-of-context, so I’ve placed a “moved here by Nevov” comment to explain it (as I mentioned to you on that thread). The software allows for an easy note to be placed on the old location, but doesn’t (because it would be intrusive to see every time) on the new location. You might see other “edit” comments from Mods Team - that is occasionally when one of the Mods has done an admin action like moving a thread.

In your specific post:
Are you aware that there had already been a mention of the exact bug that you were posting about, in the main patch notes thread? And then the bug correctly got its own Bugs forum thread (which I was considering doing anyway, so I was glad to see it reported). And so now your screenshot in Trivial Issues (not a trivial issue because it is a functional problem with the game interface) was now the 3rd post of this problem on the forum.

So I personally think there is just no value at all in your repost, if it was me who had unknowingly posted a duplicate bug report, I’d probably just delete my post (hence why I suggested this option to you).

If you have a look through some of the other Bug Forum posts (the “Ninja Can’t Select Default Skin” is one that springs to mind), you might see that duplicate bug reports have happened before, and it’s not the end of the world.

You might be saying it as an off-hand comment, but I think the uproar would be louder “Censorship!” “Who do they think they are?” if we were deleting posts. We don’t have powers to delete, that would need a Mod intervention.

Because we shouldn’t have that power also we would never do the example I gave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.