About the ingame cursors

Iv stated this even before deka took over, but the ingame cursor known as “Alien cursor” was made by me to use before they added the ingame cursors. And they never confronted me about adding it into the game, and i didnt get anything for it, no credit or anything :< i think its awesome that its added to the game for sure, but shouldnt i atleast get something for it? >.>

wait what?
is there any proof of this?

You could have explained with more detail the situation.
But what I understand from what you said: they took the cursor that they didn’t make and add it in the game; you created that cursor (need evidence); if you have evidence and any kind of rights on the idea of the cursor or on the cursor, you own something, so for sure Deca have to give you something. But only if you have evidences that you are the creator or/and have rights over the cursor (I guess), you can get something from Deca.

If you did make it good job cause that’s the only cursor that I use in the game

If it was made in the art tool it is the legal property of deca games, but if you have your name as one of the tags you might get something neato if you send a ticket. :rose:

I mean, it’s not pixel art. So probably not.

@ThurindoR if you have proof you can get credited for it because DECA doesn’t steal content. If you don’t, then your cursor was just another free file on the internet, and there’s nothing to be done.

well surely if they just took this cursor they do

A difficult thing to prove really. Have you ever talked about it or posted it on another forum?

Where and when did you state this. Also merely stating you own something is not exactly credible proof. You will need to go into further detail about this

I’m not just going to assume you didn’t make it. I took 20 seconds out of my day to look at your realmeye page and found this http://www.cursor.cc/?action=icon&file_id=34722 there it states some sort of licensing I’m not really sure how that works but he did make it.

I’m no sprite artist, but I believe there was a category in the (now dead) draw tool for cursor sprites.

And yes, provide some proof and you’ll receive the proper credits. Iirc something similar happened in the past, bloke provided evidence, and Deca made amendments to credit said bloke.

You can’t steal something that doesn’t belong to anyone. I’m sure DECA would at least credit the creator if 1. he was a RotMG player and 2. they knew who the person was.

If he had the cursor posted somewhere and that was the oldest record of the file, OP could use the site’s account to prove it’s him who posted it first. That’s one way to prove it.

Did you not see the link posted two post above?

Oh yeah, I missed it. Maybe they didn’t associate that the nickname there would be his actual RotMG name. In any way, he deserves credit for it.

Blockquote License: Creative Commons, no attribution

looking at how you set it up 3 years ago they can use it without attribution as per above

No attributed is limited in use, you couldn’t take something that says no attribution and use it as a company logo.

Despite if DECA legally has to give them any credit for their work, it is the decent thing to do.

Also even if they do not need to give credit to this person, DECA does not own the cursor. One could say they are trying to pass it off as their own. Which is against the law. Using it without credit is fine but allowing people to believe that you created this entity is not.

DECA should give them credit, it would show a respect to its creators in the player base

Thx for all the feedback, the only real proof i have is that i upploaded it on the cursor site http://www.cursor.cc/?action=icon&file_id=34722, And it was upploaded before ingame cursors where added to rotmg. Then again, its not like iv copyrighted it or anything, and i dont mind it being used… just think its weird that something i made was put into the game without any consent ^^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.