An Alternative to Pet Food

There’s no way to say “let’s remove pet food and pet feeding from the game”, so I won’t try and say that. But there’s the current issue that some people just don’t have the fame or the gold to feed their pet when they want to make it more decent, despite how much they play the game.

This is where the idea of mine comes in. Rather than “Feed Power”, the points needed to level up a pet’s ability should be “Pet XP” instead, as to fit the new way of leveling them in:

Killing higher-end monsters.

Now, of course, this comes with its ups and downs. But with killing specific monsters, you get a certain amount of XP for your pet. It will only affect dungeon bosses or event bosses, and you must be the one to kill them with your weapon, not your ability. (This is to prevent Assassins from being the farm kings.) Different bosses would have different values, depending on their difficulty.

You’ll still be able to feed your pet, and it would be much faster, but this eliminates the need to feed your pets constantly. It could take weeks or months of constant farming to get to very high levels, which doesn’t remove the incentives that feeding a pet with Ambrosias or Double Cheeseburger Deluxes would bring.

Pet XP Gain Values:
Common: 1.5x
Uncommon: 1.25x
Rare: 1x
Legendary: 0.8x
Divine: 0.6x

Aaand that’s all.

Better than years of training

I mean, if you do Lost Halls all day then you get a shitton of Fame regardless. Colossus gives 15 fame, and I know Void gives 25. Each enemy also gives ~150 XP, outside of some special ones that give ~250. If you’re able to do them quickly, you can cram in a lot of fame.

I don’t think people really mind the current pet feeding process. Compared to the pets themselves, the feeding process is really well balanced.

more like farming para.
You can get way more fame, way easier.

@Adolfia I don’t mind it either, this is just an alternative. It’s not meant to replace, just aid.
@Dacammel That’s true, Parasites are a Fame paradise. But people will generally do Halls more, because it gives good items.

Para gives good items to.
I really want to get my hands on the scepter or spell.
but your right. LH white > para white

heh
XOYkrK5
NO

Potato is pretty decent if you look past the fact that it has a lack of hp/mp boost, it gives decent dps (technically more to dps stats then a unb ring) a slight def boost and a slight spd boost that can help dodging and survivabilty

No ty c;

:eyes:

Is that because you have a good pet already, Chan-san?

No, where the money for DECA gonna be then?

It’s nowhere near as fast as using pet food, as stated in the post. So it’d still very much be worth it to use pet food, but you still have an opportunity to get some XP for your pet without needing pet food.

Still no, what about them hardgrinders? DECA needs that $$$ flow
DECA doesnt get money from people playing for a long time necessarily

Grinding 24/7 would still be ~1/5 the speed of using Ambrosias twice a day or so.

Still DECA cant risk it for the money

Take DECA out of the factor and then think about the idea. If it was all about DECA making bank, then it would all be tradable STs that are mimics of other Whites or dungeons that can only be accessed by $10 keys that give out absurd whites every 2 minutes.

Then its fine.
But will it be implemented?

NO

The point isn’t to get it implemented, it’s to express the idea.

k gotchu