Anime Discussion Thread

Nani u just say about me I’ll have u know that I finished 15 anime series in one day

I meant like the ones that most people recommend becuase I get a lot of people telling me about those said anime titles

Ye there’s nothing wrong, I mean I got into anime bc of (I believe) fairy tail

Wait… popular anime= bad 10/10? Only the anime no one has heard of are 10/10 best plot? I read a lot of obscure manga… but can you recommend me a good anime that I haven’t heard of? Don’t recommend me a battle shounen. Thank you.

Most animes are 12 episodes long(1 season of course). Most anime episodes are between 20-24 minutes. Sooo 15(series)x20 min( usual minimum ep length)x 12(episode amount) = 3600 min=60 h. 60 hours of anime in 1 day=24 hours. Bullshit much? If u can tell me the anime series you watched(extremely short episodes or series) than that would be nice :smiley: I like watching fresh shows.

(unless that is a joke and I’m wasting my time here :slightly_frowning_face: )

I’ve never even bothered to start reading or watching Mahou Sensei Negima. Looked too much like Akamatsu was rehashing Love Hina in a different setting.

UQ Holder, on the other hand, looks completely different, even though it’s not exactly an original series. It’s not insanely good but it’s at least enjoyable.

Recently became aware of Magical Girl Raising Project. The only good thing I can say about it is that at least it doesn’t pull the same “time resets every time” bullshit Higurashi did.

first, you couldve made that into one post, no need for two :slight_smile:
now i have a couple of questions:

when did i ever say this?

and this?

well, i’d be glad to, but good is subjective and i dont know every title youve watched. i guess you could try Barakamon

sorry, im kinda confused, but why did you mention this?

barakamon or non non biyori…kinda the opposite of a battle shounen

what am i joking about…

My questions about anime popularity were rhetorical.
I know that you didn’t ask them, but the tone of “so what ur saying is u got into mostly popular anime…”~Wizybrain
sounded like you were calling me an ignorant pleb :frowning_face: .

The math was from your previous comment “I’ll have u know that I finished 15 anime series in one day”( I now realize it was a joke so disregard it)

Thank you for the recommendation of barakamon :smiley: I have already read it, but I will try non non biyori.

EDIT: I don’t know how to quote text from this forum and I didn’t want to add an edit to my previous post. I will learn+try to do it from now on :sweat_smile:

I’ve watched/read both, but I’m kind of confused. It’s a bit of an odd comparison to make as they’re two very different kinds of shows. Magical Girl Raising Project is a ‘dark’ take on the magical girl type series involving a death game, while Higurashi is kind of a mystery/thriller series. The only similarity between the two is that people die. Or am I missing something?

Side note:
Perhaps you were thinking of the other dark magical girl series where people die and time loops, Magica Modoka?

I don’t have a problem with fictional people dying. I just don’t like it when everything in a show is just a thinly-veiled excuse to show as many kids getting killed in gruesome ways as possible.

I’d need to fully watch MGRP before I can compare it in-depth to Madoka.

Fair enough.

Personally I feel it’s pretty cheap to bring a character back to life without a damn good reason. Even more so then putting characters in suspensful near death situations and having them miraculously survive.

In the case of Higurashi I don’t entirely disagree. While the VN set a better atmosphere for it, some parts were creepy and disturbing to read (at least for me), it still went a bit overboard. The creepy horror atmosphere felt like the entire point of it. The second VN served as an explanation arc to try and tie all of the previous arcs together, yet somehow ended up making it more ridiculous by throwing in the time reset upon a certain characters death.

Nooo, anyone who watches anime is not a pleb!!!

Highlight text then click quote

so i commented before on hunter x hunter manga art being bad, but somehow magically, it was a open in a tab on my comp and i read a bit, and it was nothing like how i remembered it.
The art was actually pretty good/? i remember it to be a sketchy kind of art?..

higurashi was weird when i watched it, i was so confused on how every 5 eps was a new arc. Thought there was some error or something.

But it never has any time to really set in and develop when there’s a massacre and a full restart every 3 episodes.

I’ve never played or even watched a let’s play of the VNs, so I have no idea how much was changed for the anime adaptation.

Generally when you see me talking about anime it’s just the anime itself or the manga, I very rarely do any research on VNs or LNs.

I don’t remember it being all that great, but wasn’t it made all by hand? Would explain why it would look worse if you get too accustomed to computer-made manga.

do you guys know that “the king’s game” anime? my friends are watching it

I watched the anime in 2014 and read the VN recently, so I have the experience of the VN fresh in my mind. So honestly the anime was probably more rushed than I’m remembering it.

Bump and almost finished with hunter x hunter

Ryuko is best girl.
KLK is best show.
Also thiq dragon loli.

rookies is a good manga
thats about it.

Finished hunter x hunter

Haven’t watched an anime in about a month, however I’m planning to rewatch the entire Monogatari series, this time in chronological order. Already know they aren’t any other monogatari fans in here, but I’ll post this watch order guide here anyway:

techniqually im a fan, although ive only actually finished bakemono, nisemono, and few eps of monogatari second