Anime Discussion Thread

ive finished the two hunter x hunter movies now.

any suggestions? i want some more SHOW NEN (hah hunter x hunter joke sorry) anime. shorter the better

also still down for SoL

oh you changed your name, was gonna ask you to put your mal here.

ya ive had it changed but it updated when i logged on here with a new device :confused:

just realized something, that 3 of my top 10 favourite shows were by the same people (kinda, although the third one only had 1 of the duo as a maker).

Hikaru no go, death note and bakuman

been reading a few manhua (chinese manga) and its interesting to compare the styles of manga, manhwa and manhua (i guess u can throw in comics as well). The art style is easy to tell, but they also have many similarities with their story styles or genres.

Was reading ā€œTales of demons and godsā€, a manhua, and guess what, it has nothing to do with demons or godsā€¦ well as of 153 chapters in.

if its not about demons and godsā€¦whats it about

Season 2 of Hyperdimension Neptunia when ;~;

its the

monster destroyed the world, mc became op but then died and got transported back to childhood to prevent this from happening again

kind, although it does the best one of that set up ive seen so far.

although monsters are similar to demons and the revival thing could be similar to gods, but i think its because chinese people cant name things at all (true fact)

lol chinese people want to make things look/sound cool. so itā€™s basically like MC has to save something important no matter what time travel ish whateverā€¦

iā€™m gonna start reading some manga because theres a wider variety i guess

mal has a pretty bad database for manga, lots of manga with like rankings in the 5000 are actually very good unless anime. Also it doesnt have a lot of manhua and manhwa.

this site is pretty good for manga
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=124903

it has a nice category box

along with the genres, but hte categories is actually very useful, gives a quick summary. Pressing on one finds all with that aspect, then if u sort by rating you get lots of good similar series.

well this is sad, ill continue to talk to myselfā€¦

so how is everyone feeling about this season of anime, for me its quite sadā€¦

ive read the manga for 7 sins, overlord. i dont watch fate seriesā€¦
death march is a crap manga, one of the worst isekai in my opinion. dunno why its getting adapted
citrus looks weird
lots of second seasons that ive never seen the first for.

cardcaptors might be my most looking forward toā€¦

You always seem to be a bit pessimistic when it comes to the new season, in fact pretty sure Iā€™ve never seen you be excited for a season lmao

Havenā€™t been talking here because I stopped watching anime since I started reading VNs again a few months ago (and probably wonā€™t get back into it for another month or two). So besides needing to catch up from the previous season I only just looked up the new season.

Violet Evergarden looks promising, thereā€™s 7 sins/overlord (at least for me, reading the source material gives me more of a reason to watch something ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ ), Iā€™m a huge fan of the fate series (having read most of the source material!), new season of Gintama and then thereā€™s Cardcaptor sakura. And thatā€™s just what Iā€™ve heard of already, usually find a hidden gem or two each season that I wonā€™t know about until at least a few weeks into it.

So to me it looks great.

Side note: You didnā€™t notice Wizybrains name change, so did you notice Iā€™m Shu?

Edit: Zokuowarimonogatari announced for 2018 \o/

pretty much the same with me. yeah i really dont like new seasons, although there was one season like 2-4 seasons ago that i liked. but idk, i feel they adapt some very bad light novels/manga. eg. ive read like 100 isekai manga now, and of the ones theyve adapted to anime, were some very good ones, but also some of the worst ones (ie. the iphone one and the up-coming death march)

changed again :wink:

Aye, nice one

hey! big bump

finished
-magi s1
-death note
-more that im too lazy to put

should i watch death note:relight? or nah?

watch black clover sub :^)
no donā€™t
1 - your ears will die and 2 - your brain will die from how bad and generic of a shonen it is

havenā€™t heard much about deathnote:relight, but if u want to then go for it

doc already poisoned us with the horrendous screams

A H H H H H H H

Y U N O O O

ahhahsdhasdh

usually that sub stuff is crap especially when the main series is popular.

hmm i didnt watch any anime this season but ive read a crap ton of light novels too bad that 98% of these novels arent on mal (the ones ones on are when they have a manga or anime adaption, or maybe if super popular). I hate not having place to record them.

but honestly black clover wasnt that bad (although ive only read the manga and 2 eps of anime)(although anime seems to be slower than manga)