Anime Discussion Thread

welcome back scorch!

• finished magi s2

ew magi

i somehow feel like the animation got shittier between s1 and s2 but maybe thatā€™s just me

well i never really left, i still check like every week or so

magi is great, well atleast the anime is great. The manga is also great or the first 2/3rd, after that it literally turns to trashā€¦

the manga got trash after the

ehhhh spoiler?

weird reincarnation thingy that happened to alibaba or something

although honestly i stopped really liking it after the animeā€™s s1, just really boring, mundane, and uhhh none of the characters died except for that one cassian (?) guy who nobody cared about

in comparison, jojoā€™s kills everyone except for mboi joseph

Hello Scorch!!! Long time no see!!! I had no idea you were alive!!! I have a question!!! Why havenā€™t you watched all the 3 episodes that are out of DARLING in the FRANXX because holy mole itā€™s so memeworthy and the girl is so fucky :DDD

wut

If you want @Scorchmist to answer your questions you have to place the bait

steps up a box held up by a stick with maple syrup and anime under it

Means fuckable

oh okay my badā€¦adds a body pillow to the inside of box

i found season 2 pretty good, after was ok too. That incident just ruined the atmosphere of the manga and i just died and read a few chpts but couldnt since it was so bad

huh? btw i havent watched anime for like 3 months

ive been going at it with light novels, heres a non complete list of my light novels
https://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uname=dustyacer

Coincidentally we stopped watching anime around the same time.

Iā€™m still reading VNs. Read 7 in a row in the past 3 months, which while doesnā€™t seem like much is comparable to over a thousand episodes of anime in length.

Also if you have specific light novel suggestions Iā€™d like to hear em

oh do tell which ones youve read

of the ones ive read my favourites are:
doom lord 8-8.5/10

Summary

The mc time travels back 1 year before the apoclypse started and starts to build his force. A kingdom building story with people with game like abilities.
Although the setting is somewhat hard to understand sometimes its still interesting. MC is decent, fitting, not too bad. The mid section can be considered a bit slow due to the lack of conflicts, but as a kingdom building story its not too slow. Im really interested in the conflicts between fellow humans more than the conflicts between humans and monsters.

This is probably not as appealing to others than to me, also has a lower rating of 3.9/5

Arena
9/10

Summary

This is for sure one of my favourite stories! The alternate world is really interesting. There are a few things here and there that just are weird and donā€™t make sense or isnt the smartest, but its not too important. There are some good comedic moments and a few twists.

Definitely recommended, although I think is on hiatus rnā€¦

Dragon-marked war god
7-8/10

Summary

IF you want a good cultivation Opness novel than I like this one the most. Although it has lots of flaws and falls under a lot of generic xuanxia things but its still a good read.

Hail the king
7-8/10

Summary

If you like world building I guessā€¦. Its not the best thoughā€¦.

Tales of Demons and Gods
9-10/10

Summary

I think this was the story that brought me to read light novels. Uhh itā€™s a go back in time to fix your mistakes kind with cultivation. Although it focuses less on battle elements and a bit more on strategy (I think, I havent read this in a long timeā€¦).

Rebirth of the thief 8-9/10

Summary

Itā€™s a go back in time to fix your mistakes. The setting of the story is kinda weird, I donā€™t like some aspects about the game (actually the death penality when u pk people is absolutely horred). I like how the mc is OP, but in a sense he is not, bc he is only OP as a solo player but he has a face a large organization. Lots of kingdom building here, and the action is really good IMO. The authors choice to make him a thief was really good.

Although there are flaws like the limitless amount of ways he can earn fast cash/exp, etc. but I personally donā€™t mind it too much

The world online 7/10

Summary

Purely world building.

Love the world building, the importance of the game and how
It actually makes sense! The girls act really cute especially his little sister. Although no one has any real personality, partly due to the 10000 people it introduced and they even have nicknames, multiple names and change names. Making it really hard to remember every personā€™s name.

The story spends too much time talking about random chinesehistory we donā€™t understand also talking about uselss rank changings as such things. The things we want to see are more basic of that and more character interaction. The beginning is a bit weaker than the end.

Seoul Station Necromancer 8-9/10
A very good too lazy to write. But favourite char ever here. Really good world building.

u can also see that link to the novelupdates websites, it basically acts as MAL for light novels, although i found it quite late so most arent there.

I donā€™t mind listing the ones Iā€™ve read but just to clarify you know Iā€™m talking about visual novels and not light novels right? Usually they donā€™t get enough exposure in the west (or really anywhere out of Japan really) for people to even take interest in them (and several other reasons xddd). So itā€™s always a surprise to me when someone I know shows any interest in them.

Thanks for your list! Eventually I plan to start reading Light Novels so Iā€™ll need to start building a plan-to-read list.

oh i always thought of light novels and vn as the same. oh well.

Most light novels seem to be chinese or korean, with a decent amount of japense.
Or are u talking about actual light novels like the western kind?

oh yeah that thing, i remember searching that up a while ago and thinking why the heck was it called visual novels.

Well, it is a visual/auditory experience as well as a novel. They usually includes voice acting, backgound music, sound effects, BGs and character sprites. Guess you could argue a manga is just as much of a visual novels as these are in a literal sense though.

lol just thought id say this but food wars always so good or interesting
finioshed s3 in one day wtf

lol god u and reimu both changed your names so when i get notifications from u two i cant remember who u areā€¦

food wars seemed ok, but the excessive amounts of sexual scenes and the irrational of some characters put me off. Also the story seems somewhat generic looking back, its probably due to reading so many light novels.

Same I feel like the unnecessary moaning and naked scenes is just like ā€œwtfs going onā€. I also watched bakemonogatari and nisemonogatari