Anime Discussion Thread

I’ve watched over 300 series (5k+ eps) of anime to date, but unlike a lot of other anime fans I straight up skipped the long shounen series phase (with the exception of Gintama which is just a meme of a show).

I think Naruto isn’t worth my time

Hunter x Hunter is way better

Oh for sure, I’ve watched it. I considered that too short to mention but.

talking about the series itself, you’d be absolutely right, but the fight scenes are definitely worth a watch.

I don’t read the manga but

Summary

Vol 1: Goblin slayer slaying goblins and make a new party with priestess
Vol 2: Goblin slayer slaying goblins in the sewer under the chuch with the priestess, high elf archer, dwarf shaman, and lizardman priest.
Vol 3: Goblin slayer slaying goblins in the middle of festival and he encounter the leader who isn’t goblin (demon)
Vol 4: Goblin slayer slaying goblins in the village as usual, accepting quest that isn’t goblin (necromancer) with 2 warriors. So there are 3 warriors, scout warrior, magic warrior, and heavy warrior. Also there is a hero(ine? She is a gril!). And the last part is flashback about high elf archer, dwarf shaman, and lizardman priest.
From here I’m not read it yet
Vol 5: Goblin slayer slaying goblins in the snow mountain. There is also an ancient ruin.
Vol 6-8: Goblin slayer slaying goblins?? Idk

The new key visual for Made in Abyss looks lit

:+1:

Possible spoiler

See in the manga so far he’s staying with the team from volume 2. That’s why to me it’s starting to feel like a standard heroic fantasy story.

Honestly I read the scans because I was maybe 12 at the time and because it was an easy way to practice reading in English.

I still think it’s a decent shonen. Nowhere near being a masterpiece, probably not what I’d recommend to an adult to get them into anime, but still solid.

I need to watch MiA S1, does anyone know where I can dx

Reg is a discount Bakugo, change my mind
/s I’m joking. How do I know that Reg has a thing on his arm that explodes shit? Don’t ask.

(it still looks interesting imo)

My only experiences with Naruto has either been seeing the younger audience hype over it, or the anime elitists shit talk it. So atm my expectations for it are pretty low.

But its probably not as bad as I’m imagining and I feel like I’ve enjoyed worse shows before, only problem would be investing that much time for an OK show.

in other news…

a new opm chapter is out!
i had to catch up on some stuff for nanatsu since i knew they release today, but opm ch 95 was a welcome surprise, especially since ch 94 had 140-odd pages.

edit: 53 pages, not bad at all

Oh, sweet! Is there enough content for a season 2 of opm yet?

Actually not a manga reader myself (yet), the last few years I’ve been focusing on VNs. Eventually I want to start reading manga and LNs, got a list to get through.

there definitely is, and there has been for a while now, unless they also plan on covering the current arc. with that in consideration, i think an s2 for spring season is totally possible, but fall/winter are questionable.

After a quick google search, seems there was a teaser released for OPM S2 a month ago that announced that it’ll air Spring 2019!

what is this

oh fuck, i was right!

One Punch Man, it’s a popular comedy anime (manga adaptation) that’s a parody of shounen series

But… a lot of that stuff is gone/lost at the end of the first season. ??

Anyway, stoked to see more MiA content. Easily the best anime in years for me. I really got wrapped in the mythos and music. I’m not an OST listener by any means but I had to for MiA.

It was late at night and I was in my living room and finished watching what I was watching so I started watching regular TV

And I passed by “Naruto shippuden”

It was so bad I thought it was some parody show adult swim had made. Maybe it’s just translated horribly into English but my cats could write better dialogue

To me no series should go that long and pretty much every much every anime that long I can’t bare to watch

oh, english dub is interesting. not bad, like everyone says it is, just interesting. and yes, sometimes grammar is wrong, too