Anime Discussion Thread

tails r cool

let this be true

After briefly talking to the guy who made it, it was made clear to me that this is just a subjective list of his personal favorites. He was pretty adamant about what he put on there because of his likes and dislikes despite how quality the shows are argued to be.

Butā€¦Kagerou is a wolf girl ;_;

Itā€™s too bad buttplug tails arenā€™t controllable :>

You know thereā€™s more than one way to make a subversion, right?

You donā€™t get it.

Yeah, if you were to make a wiki of all anime that exist, the Madoka article on it would fit into a zillion categories: Magical Girls anime, Anime with a pink-haired girl protagonist, Anime with schoolgirls, etcā€¦

However, while all these categories would technically be true, theyā€™d be mostly irrelevant when looking at the bigger picture.

Better yet is the fact that weā€™re not talking about a wiki, but a recommendations list. Nobody in their right mind would recommend Madoka as a magical girls anime.

This argument doesnā€™t apply to One Punch Man because itā€™s more subtle as a subversion.

What does the average shonen have? Action, comedy, varying levels of fan service. OPM has all three. Itā€™s slightly sadder than the average shonen, what with the main character being unable to find anything fulfilling in his life, but not to the point of being so depressing itā€™s a genuinely draining experience to watch. The entire reason why itā€™s so successful in the first place is because shonen fans can enjoy it.

Madoka on the other hand has a completely different tone and themes compared to a stereotypical magical girls anime. And again, the target audience was completely different.

1542692619648s W ha t in tarnation is all this aNIme shit son?

My point is that Madoka fits into the ā€œMagical girlsā€ category.

Your argument is that because Madoka has a different tone and themes and target audience, itā€™s not a magical girls anime? Or are you trying to talk about something else?

My point is that Madoka can be classified as a magical girl anime.

I think his point is more that it shouldnā€™t fit into the category on a recommendations list, considering Madokaā€™s target audience isnā€™t the same as most Magical Girls anime.

Like on the surface Madoka is a magical girl anime, but the show itself doesnā€™t have the same tone as other shows in that category are suppose to have. So itā€™s totally deceiving for it to be in a magical girl category on a recommendation list, because in actuality the show is the opposite of what the person would be looking for.

I could also argue that Madoka is a psychological horror show that uses elements of magical girls anime, not a magical girls anime in and of itself.

What I was originally trying to get across, on top of what @Reimu just said, is that categorization doesnā€™t really matter. To me itā€™s more interesting to talk about a show or a movie in its specificity rather than spend hours debating what genres it fits in.

Holy crap was Interstella 5555 inspired by Galaxy Express? It feels too similar.

Might be because it was made by the same people.

bunny girl senpai

1542832758588s

Itā€™s a good one with nice plot tbh it is a wild ride
The name is something like seishun buta no bunny girl or something

Bunny girl is great

I forget too much though

Question: do you prefer small, medium or big tiddy goth gfs

sigh

I literally donā€™t look for that kinda shit, I look for plot. call me boring lol

In real life, bub

Well this ainā€™t the real life thread m8