Anime Discussion Thread

Akame Ga Kill Spoilers

Out of the main cast
(Najenda, Mine, Bulat, Sheele, Tatsumi, Lubbock, Mine, Chelsea, Akame and Leone)
Only Najenda and Akame survive.
Out of the enemy, only Wave and the wing dude survive.
Yes, I remembered their names, fucking FIGHT me.

I only recognize 3 of those names now, it wasnā€™t a terribly rememberable anime that stood out from the years of watching hundreds of more series tbh

Edit: 5 recognized now

And does that mean they were different then, or wut?

I have quite the incredible propensity for remembering random shit but not remembering important shit

???

@TROLLDLLR

That was in reply to you saying they all die in the anime adaptation and I took that to imply that they donā€™t in the manga. However, I both read the manga and watched the anime around the same time 3-4 years ago and donā€™t remember them being different. So my question is basically ā€œdid they really survive in the manga?ā€, because while I donā€™t remember that being the case my memory of the manga was vague af anyway so I wouldnā€™t be too surprised

Iā€™m pretty sure the MC survives, along with Mine. THatā€™s all I know for sure.

ebic spoilers

yes

donā€™t like akame ga kill. all i remember about it now is that it tried way too hard to be edgy. seriously, you donā€™t need to put shadows over peopleā€™s eyes in every fucking scene. the character deaths happened so frequently and the whole story was badly paced imo, and it made most of the deaths lose their impact. rather than ā€œoh no beloved character is dead,ā€ itā€™s ā€œoh better sooner than later.ā€

Lmaooo I just figured out why I didnā€™t know about it, when I read the manga it was only half published and I didnā€™t continue reading it over the years

im actually kinda interested in this season for once
Yakusoku no Neverland

is adapted froma really good manga, top 3 for me.

Dororo

is adapted from a 1960s manga so i hope its good, at least not modern genericness. Seems like a premise from a chinese novel.

Mob Psycho 100 II

okay. season 1 was okay, not too anticipated for me, :man_shrugging:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

i read the manga, was kinda generic, but a bit better than others of its genre. Might be okay.

Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season

if i actually finish season 1 i would probably be hyped.

Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019)

looks okay.

note i havent watched any episdoes yet.
datelive 3 and kakeguri 2 are also out if anyone cares

Imagine No Game No Life

Spoilers for Yakusoku no Neverland

but instead of random bullshit you risk your life and the life of all of your underlings.
Also, Psychological warfare. Like, extreme psychological warfare.

Thatā€™s certainly anā€¦ interesting take.
Meta political ā€œjokesā€ aside, the characterā€™s extreme moral ā€œgraynessā€ quite interests me, especially since Iā€™m more morally ā€œgrayā€ than most of the people immediately surrounding me.

Same imo

I donā€™t see why Mob Psycho 100 (I) was so overhyped- I didnā€™t really like it.

Other
Also; some other things. OPM2 being taken over by JC Staff is quite interesting. Madhouse definitely needs a break after Overlord III, but JC Staff is currently working on Index III and that showā€™s animation isā€¦ questionable.

Iā€™m extremely curious as to why Kinema Citrus picked up Tate no Yuusha no Marigari after Made in Abyss. They even brought Kevin Penkin onboard as well xD

Where is Made in Abyss Season 2, it was supposed to come out in 2019 but that projection changed :frowning:

Yes i read the manga, well havent read after i caught up which was like when they left.

certainly nothing interesting, but like i said, i think it should be okay, but i read the thing long ago so that was my thoughts back then, now maybe not.

you mean the mcā€™s? I honestly cant remember anything about the mc, im pretty sure he was the typical jap litRPG reincarnated prog isnt he?

i really dont pay attetion to different studios, well there are few that i like more than others, but like all of them are basically the same for me.

havent finished the first season, it was good, but watching on a weekly basis it felt a bit weak for me due to the lack of gripping story pulling me in, but that is pretty much for all weekly things for me :man_shrugging:

i think i like it more than i actually do because of one piece. Not the reasons others liek it, i like it because after seeing all the hype and fandom about one piece, i couldnt understand what was good about it, and after watching mob psycho, i was like this is okay, but might of slightly got a bit higher score bc of weird brainwashing.

But yeah its not that great, its like a 7/10, which is just a ā€œgoodā€.

edgey

OwO

more like edgy

I still need to watch eromanga sensei sad time

I knew you would

Havenā€™t made a post in a while, so I guess Iā€™ll do that now.

Personally not planning to start watching seasonal anime again for a long time, but from what I recognize out of whatā€™s currently airing (ignoring continuations from last season eg. Index. Jojo)ā€¦

Yeet :ok_hand:

To my knowledge, this is apparently an adaptation of a really damn good Light Novel. Havenā€™t read it yet, but I plan to before I watch the anime.

Kaguya wants to be confessed to, I read the manga earlier this year. Itā€™s a light hearted rom comedy that honestly always put me in a right good mood every time I read a chapter. Iā€™m a bit surprised itā€™s already in the top 50 on MAL thoughā€¦

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37086/KakeguruiƗƗ

Also read the manga for this a while back, was a ridiculous but fun ride

I havenā€™t read it, but from what Iā€™ve seen the manga was really well liked so itā€™s not surprising the anime is too

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36633/Date_A_Live_ā…¢

Basically my guilty pleasure anime from 2015, itā€™s fuckinā€™ shit but its lit

Lastly, not surprised thatā€™s your reaction tbh. You never seemed to click with the type of comedy popular in the anime community and thatā€™s a shame. :slightly_frowning_face: Iā€™m pretty hyped for it though, while itā€™s far from my favorites I seem to find enjoyment in almost every comedy anime that Iā€™ve seen.

Hereā€™s a list of anime (across all mediums anime, manga, LN and VNs) that Iā€™ve recently watched/read/(and played?) + my comments on them that I do on here from time to time. So use anything here to spark a discussion if you feel like it.

(Iā€™m sure this will end up being too long again lmao)

Recently started / completed anime:

So this was an interesting oneā€¦the most fitting word to describe it is : weird. The animation style is pretty unique but gave off a really realistic and dark feel to it (the characters actually looked asian for once :thinking:) and same can be said with the voice acting. It also had one the best scenes Iā€™ve ever seen in an animeā€¦the end of episode 7. I was going to link it here but honestly the experience of the scene would just lose impact if not coupled with the previous seven episodes of build up but it was brilliant.

(Plus the sequel)

CG mecha anime, main character was bland af and stupidly OP, yet the story drew me in. Alright show.

One word: Generic \o/

Season 1+2+3

Welp I have a lot to say about this one. Bakuman, basically the Shirobako for manga (even though Bakuman is older) is an anime Iā€™ve had on my P2W list for years, finally got around to it.

Iā€™ll start with the pros: It was a long well paced journey spanning over 8 years in 75 episodes, in which we watch the main characters achieve their ambitions through their vigorous efforts alone. Itā€™s informative af about the manga production, which I found interesting. I loved most of the characters, particularly the manga authors. Lastly finding similarities to actual publications in all the different kinds of manga created in the show was the best part for me.

Cons: Personally I strongly disliked the main character Mashiro and his romantic interest Azuki. The ambitions of the main characters in this anime was centered around a ridiculous goal (in which had to remind you of every five minutes), where they actually had to completely bend the personalities of these two characters to even make it possible. A whole 75 episodes with it thrown in my face was almost enough to make me fully hate this animeā€¦almost.

Other than that there was the fact they used one of their characters, Nakai as a punching bag throughout in the show despite having several arcs surrounding him it just seemed like his character development was going into the negative direction :man_shrugging:

Uhhh, this is like the ultimate form of what a generic harem anime aims to be. It seemingly does all the right things, but deep down at itā€™s core it still is one lol

First few eps were comedy gold :ok_hand: It gets repetitive and Iā€™m not a fan of idol animes, but it was a fun watch

This show is beautiful, the CG in this show works so well with the concept of this anime. It really hooked me by the end of it, gotta wait for S2 now zzz

(Yeah Iā€™m gettng lazy writing the comments)

I fully understand the hype surrounding this anime, unfortunately for me the yaoi really ruined it for me. The story is great nonetheless, I imagine if I couldā€™ve looked past the gay tension and got attached to the characters I couldā€™ve really enjoyed it.

Alright this show is a fucking gem to me, despite it being a shoujo anime I fell in love with it. Itā€™s a show about show business which has probably been done before but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve seen it in anime and its interesting. It has the perfect blend of comedy romance and drama :ok_hand: . Also I feel older anime have their own charm (even though itā€™s only from 2008 I thought for sure it was older :thinking:) but it definitely gives off that vibe and I can see that turning some people off.

Apparently itā€™s also a successful manga, and Iā€™m guessing the anime only adapted a fraction of it so Iā€™m planning to read through that eventually

Recently started / completed light novels:

This had a pretty ridiculous concept, itā€™s a world where there are magical ā€œboxesā€ that grant wishes but are also flawed with restrictions attached to them, but shit like that allows for a lot creative freedom. The wishes create supernatural situations, which while some are clicheā€™d are all pretty interesting (at least to me). Thereā€™s seven volumes and each one focuses on a different wish while slowly uncovering a the greater mystery behind them. It was a really fun LN to read. (Also itā€™s not a ā€œfeel goodā€ novel at all, its meant to be on the dark side)

Throwback to my gateway anime 5 years ago, the Devil is a Part Timer. I decided to pick up the source material which is surprisingly already mostly translated.

Iā€™d call it a ā€œreverse isekaiā€, typically someone from our world somehow ends up in a magical world - but with this one the Devil king himself is forced to flee his world after having his armies defeated by a hero and traveled to/gets stranded in our world. Itā€™s more of a comedy than anything, Iā€™m enjoying it. Tbh though Iā€™m only into vol 2 out of like 20 and Iā€™m not sure what direction itā€™s going in or even what the end goal is :thinking:

Recently started / completed manga:

Not much to say, the bullying isnā€™t extreme but not light hearted either. Iā€™m fucked because I actually like it lmao

Cute shit :ok_hand: gave me the same kind of feel as Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to. Really light hearted episodic chapters that brightens my mood every time I read one.

Yeah itā€™s been talked about enough here because a certain someone really likes it, already watched the anime when it released but Iā€™m going to read through all of this with a mate of mine

Said Iā€™d read it likeā€¦a long time ago on here, finally got around to it. Only read the godlike art version and not the web comic. The quality didnā€™t drop after what the first season adapted. Itā€™s some good shit :ok_hand:

Recently started / completed visual novels:

Now Iā€™m really entering territory that no ones gonna give a shit about : s

I spent the last few months slowly getting through SubaHibi (shortened version of title), itā€™s a fucked up visual novel but so damn good. Without trying to spoil any of the storyā€¦ itā€™s a mystery novel with seven different routes with each one showing the same events happening but from a different characters perspective. Some of the characters are batshit crazy which makes it so much harder trying to understand the story. But you absolutely canā€™t make sense of whatā€™s happening until you get through all of them. When you do finally piece it all together the story is :ok_hand: . It also has this creepiness that I can really only see working in a visual novel formatā€¦

Alright Iā€™m done. Possibly my longest post yet on here? :thinking:

How far did you get? I really like Kingā€™s story

Uh, Iā€™m probably a few chapters behind from being completely up to date right now. Yeah, I like King and his backstory too lmao

fully agree. i think they kinda forced it.

still liked the anime though

binged all of jojo and all i can say is

WOW and
OH MY GOD! ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora

starting to get into manga. ive finished watashitachi no shiawase na jikan and am starting to read kengan asura. pls give me any recs about anything