Anime Discussion Thread

My thoughts on Doctor Stone are ten billion percent positive. Now I know how to make black powder in the comfort of my own house

Fire Force is alright, but lord there is so much fan service…

Dr stone and Kimetsu no yaiba are the only ones from that list that i follow, both good and very interesting concept.

anyways i cant wait for next week black clover T_T

Fruits Basket 2019 best show 2019 (no I’m serious)

Doctor Stone is great, and Fire Force gets a little… wacky down the line. Demon Slayer is my favorite action show of the year probably

Accelerator and Danmachi S2 are about what you would expect them to be

The Fate spinoff is pretty good, along with Cop Craft.

Black Clover is getting spicy lmao

SUPER duper underrated show, please pick it up if you have the time (bonus if you like slice of life hehe):

shoujo kageki: revue starlight

if you like the anime, there’s also a game called revue starlight reLIVE which is basically Fate grand order but with cute anime girls

That’s just Fate: Grand Order is it not

as in “objectively good” or as in “thank fucking god it’s not another boring shounen protagonist in a Holy Grail War”?

because when you boil down the Fate series, its two biggest weaknesses are how formulaic it’s become and how boring the MC almost always is. All Case Files has to do is avoid these two things and suddenly it’s “the best Fate show ever”, regardless of whether it can actually work on its own.

(and yes, I am 100% predicting that the FGO anime is going to be “cool shit and compelling characters hamstrung by Blandmaster Fujimaru Ritsuka”)

What do you think of the Fuse movie?

exactly

(side note: anyone else excited for AoT crashing and burning for good?)

The latter.

He’s a potato even in the FGO game itself- the only good thing he has for him is that he can command a crap ton of servants and they listen to him for some reason, and that he has inhuman endurance- He’s actually quite boring as a character

Demon Slayer episode 19

God that animation was 10/10

Incoherent rambling

asdhfiuksajdhtgkujsghreituhksdafnkljsbdtgubjksdasfbnkjasdbtiusbadfkjnaseiuthbiuasdfnkjabyhnrirdbijsdnfijgtbiuasbdijfbtyibewfb qij ewhgbsadfdsagaewiutrhbquyawebsafz lesjf baief

Yeah, he’s just a nobody who got lucky in the beginning and somehow pulls infinite Gary Stu power out of his ass (or gets bailed out of difficult situations by New Servant Ex Machina to make you want to pull for them).

That’s not an FGO-specific issue though: every single gacha game protagonist is a cardboard cutout.

The only way to make a good (or at least decent) anime adaptation of a gacha is to do what Kancolle did: get rid of the game’s MC and focus on the playable characters instead.

Well, time to pack it up boys, no way we’ll ever top that post in quality.

Idk the amount of fan service doesn’t seem too bad…though I guess I’m just numb to it by now

I wanted to finish watching the original Fruits Basket before I get into the remake, glad to hear it’s doing well

I’ll binge Black Clover if it ever ends lmao

Uhm, do you mean this? https://myanimelist.net/anime/13335/Fuse__Teppou_Musume_no_Torimonochou

I’m not familiar with it, I pretty rarely watch anime movies unless it’s extremely popular or related to a series I’m watching

Also:

Hol’ up, what’s happening with AoT? The last season was received extremely well

Well, the more recent chapters are a bit of a mess imo

Isn’t that the show that has a chick who’s always topless except for her bra and who gets her boobs and ass groped within 5 minutes of her introduction?

Thing is, that’s certainly obnoxious in a vacuum but compared to all the other shounens, it’s more or less the standard I’d expect.

Is it because you think they’re bad or is it more that you don’t feel like going out of your comfort zone?

I used to like the manga and the anime but dropped them after a while because it looked like it had nowhere interesting to go. I would have loved to be proven wrong but after catching up to the manga releases I really, really don’t think it’s salvageable.

The more time passes, the more the disconnect between the actual quality of the story and what the fans praise it for is going to become apparent.

I’m just waiting to see how long they can keep this up before the whole charade collapses.

I could explain to you why I think that, but first I’d need to know how far in the story you are and how much you care about spoilers.

That’s the one

Yeah, Fire Force seems to overdo it though. Idk maybe it’s just me thinking that

Rule of thumb: When watching anime, always have your finger on the “five seconds forward” button

Oh, the latter but that’s also not quite right. I do like anime movies and have still seen a handful, the animation is typically higher quality than in TV series, a lot of directors get their chance to shine ect. Some of the best anime has to offer are movies.

As for why I rarely watch them though, I’m somewhat whimsical when it comes to what I read/watch. Got a list of movies I want to watch eventually, just haven’t felt like it yet.

Ah, that’s a shame. Was never a big fan of AoT but at least found it’s premise interesting and an entertaining watch.

I never read the manga and I’m a season behind in the anime…so the last thing I remember was

AoT spoilers (obviously)

uhm, I’m probably going to need to rewatch this series before I continue because my memory of it is so bad…but it had something to do with Erin being chained up in an ice cave because a group of people were trying to steal a unique titan power he had from him then a giant mutant titan went on a rampage

I mean I guess even from what I’ve seen the more we learn about the mystery of the titans the more of a mess the story seems to become. Kind of reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul because how as it went on it the story only got increasingly incoherent

Might be the type of fanservice more than the amount. The more gratuitous it feels, the more it’s going to annoy you.

I know the feel. Too much of a backlog, too many people hyping it up and I generally end up not bothering with it.

To be completely fair to Tokyo Ghoul, the anime left out way too much stuff and ended up being more incoherent than the manga as a result. The whole prison break thing comes out of nowhere and achieves nothing in the anime, whereas it at least had some justification in the manga.

At the same time, your comparison is accurate: both of these shows got carried by their starting premise and edginess and both showed just how little the author had planned ahead.

Believe me: it’s almost worth it for you to keep watching AoT purely to appreciate all the bullshit asspulls. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an anime or manga become this much of a train wreck because of sheer incompetence, at least not one with this much of a mainstream following.

tl;dr without spoilers for the future of the aot anime: it gets really fucking weird

as in everything completely flips kinda weird

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, giver of tears, and giver of crippling depression

You reminded me that I wanted to watch that, so I did…

So that’s another show that got added to the list of anime that fucked with my emotions (and made me cry because I’m an emotional lil’ bitch), the realism aspect of it made it hit so much harder for me

2real4animeirl

Also, Kirito was turned into a vegetable lmao