Anyone else getting tired of Deca

Inbound Rant:

So if you havent noticed in the past couple days lag has severly increased in just about everything, the servers have been hacked multiple times, and just about everything is flagged as spam. Add to this the other issues in the game such as the large amount of bots in realm and other issues. This had caused me to wonder why we are praising DECA, yes they have improved the game in various ways, but only in an aspect of which would drag in more money, they havent fixed the servers, there is a serious paywall when it comes to doing events, and over all player satisfaction is at a low.

This thread is just made to rant and bring up issues that Deca refuses to fix.

Fr homie

I guess you haven’t looked around much, have you? There’s plenty of Deca rants :slight_smile: We could have a megathread.
But one thing i’ve been told is that the server hacking was b/c of hacker bans, and Deca has 100% my support for that. I can be patient for the cause.

What youre saying is correct but you have to know how much people hack and abuse RWT/duping. They have to do this to make money in order to fix the problems. At the end of the day they need to make money and cant do whats best for the community bc they have to pay salaries. If as much money was pumped into deca as was spent on these shitty rwt servers/websites the problems would be able to be addressed 10x quicker, its not the fact that they refuse to fix the problems.
Ontop of that they cant even ban the hackers since it will remove so much of their player base, theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Theyre making the best of a bad situation, you can say theyre not doing anything but if I had to pick between deca and kabam you can bet id pick deca every time.

Remember that any issues that are Unity-specific are understandable; it’s called a “Beta” for a reason. DECA is not “refusing” to fix Unity issues, it’s just that it takes a while to fix everything about a client you made from scratch.

Remember that Bard is Unity exclusive, making it not understandable anymore. Having finished content only available on an unfinished client is stupid.

Yeah, that particular part makes no sense to me; bard should definitely have been saved for the official Exalt release.

Agreed, because I would’ve got a ring of the sphinx instead of that lute that will wait 2 months before being used.

On a more serious note, I don’t feel like bard is quite finished. I sense a balancing update soon to come. Maybe they made it exalt exclusive just to incentivize players to continue playing on exalt, so they can gather more data?

Seelpit’s explaination makes it more understandable imo

The explanation does make sense for why it wasn’t added to flash, but I don’t think it should have been added to Exalt either (yet); doing so has required players to use an unfinished client to access new content, with questionable results. In my opinion, they should have waited on bard until Exalt was released for real.

iirc that was the plan, they were going to release the bard, O3, and the official exalt release at the same time, but the latter 2 were delayed.

I don’t want to bump old arguments in that thread so let’s just say they’re all very wrong, including that comment. The class was playable on flash already on testing, and it is already available on flash hacked clients. The fix for the “character select screen” took a couple hours for them. Adding classes to flash isn’t any effort, that isn’t an argument to be made.

The other argument of “omg exalt is the future use it lol, get a better pc” was already destroyed on the other thread so.

You explained it to yourself. No, the server didn’t get “hacked”, Bert is just being a sAlTy BaNnEd HaXoR and sending bots into tutorials.

THESE ARE ALL THE SAME THING

I just want to add that EUE restarted without any warning in the middle of ivory wyvern fight, after that I tried to enter vault and my ip got banned for “abuse/hacking” somehow. Getting tired of this bs ngl

Edit: They fixed it in a reasonable amount time, don’t have any problems with their tech support, but still, this shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

There has been a lot of issues recently, but at the same time, DECA really is trying to actively improve the game. You also have to realize that this game is like 10 years old and built using technology from several years prior to 10 years ago. It’s going to take a lot of work on DECA’s part as we move away from Flash to get everything functioning up to standards.

That’s just kind of how it is. We’re going to have to give it time. You should continue to send feedback to DECA though with issues/errors you encounter so that fixes can be made to improve the game. It’s up to us to report issues/bugs so that DECA can fix them!

^this is a very big point I think a lot of players tend to forget this.

My theory is that Deca is forcefully trying to push everyone to Exalt a bit too early.

There is too many issues on Exalt right now. I still play flash/Steam. when Bard was first released I installed Exalt, created a bard, quit exalt and loaded Flash/Steam but the bard was not playable. I didn’t think it would work but hoped. Then some one told me hacked flash clients can play the bard and that really ticks me off. Fix it for the rest of the Flash Players please.

Well, I have updated exalt 2 times and briefly tried it but the issues that contribute to my RotMG fun are not working quite right. I dont like that we cant click on a persons name in chat and interact without using CNTL - mouse click. The other main problems are lag and disconnects.

My flash steam does not have any extra lag that it didn’t have before and I havent had a disconnect in months that wasn’t the result of running out of memory after a solid hour of play. I restart my flash steam player about once an hour.

from what I have seen turning off music seems to greatly lower people’s crashing. I have not crashed once personally in over two weeks since I listen to my own music in the background. I like the new realm music but that seems to be part of the main issue with the crashing.

WTF - just got a message "ip got banned for “abuse/hacking” My wife and I both just died. I have 50+ chars and 2/3 of my vaults active. She has about 35 chars and 1/2 her vaults unlocked. We both getting pots / equipment from our different chars to max and equip the new chars then suddenly that message pops up. Both of us are down now.

This is getting really painful. I understand that they are trying to make the game better but this is insane. We were not using mules just our own accounts at the same time.