Archer for dummies

INTRO: Can’t seem to figure out which character to use? Are you poor and wants some easy pots? Are you not skilled enough to use the mystic or the trickster? Well the archer is the class for you!

DESCRIBTION: The archer uses a bow which has a high dps and perices enemies so it is exellent crowd control and the high dps will allow you to get all that soulbound damage for those whites you’ve always wanted your hands on.The archer has a quiver that passes through everything and does about 350 damage which is reasonable and balanced. The main purpose though is the paralyze which becomes an effect after T3 quiver. The armor gives less defense than the heavy armors those big fellows wear so you can just stand there and block everything which means you have to start learning how to dodge. Lastly for rings, try to go for the UTs but for now get a defense ring until u max defense than get hp rings.

MAXING STEPS: To find which dungeon drops what go on realmeye.com to check but anyways, start with defense but if you dont want to merch your other pots to max defense faster just drink them but main priority defense. Next I usually max whatever is the closest to maxing which you can find out by typing /tell mreyeball lefttomax or just go on the realmeye site to check. But if you want a more efficent way then its, DEF>DEX>SPD>ATK>VIT>WIS>MANA>HEALTH

Starter Set: So if you have some pots from donations or guild mates or just have some stored up in you vault, trade them in for gear. The starter set would mostly likely be Blood Bow, Griffon Hide Armor, Golden Quiver, Paramount ring of Defense. If you cant afford the whole set then downgrade some of the items.

MAXED SET OF OPNESS: So you want to get the doom bow. Its really the only UT weapon you would need unless you want the coral bow for better godland farming but the Doom Bow is how you are gonna get the rest of you white bags. if maxed attack your damage are insane and can go up to 1000. For quiver, there is only one so far besides the elvish quiver and the the quiver of thunder that makes things dazed. To be honest i dont see why you would need dat so ignore it for now. If you get it though, keep it because it is rare. For armor its really your choice, coral gives you spd so if you wanna rush go for that. The normal hydra armor has 17 defense and gives dex which is fine so you can stick with that if you want. The ring is doesn’t matter that much either. Try to get pyra or at least an expo. Any of the Tomb UT rings or the shatters UT ring will work fine.

Thank you for reading all of that, if you guys have any suggetions just comment down below and maybe this can replace the realmeye crappy archer guide XD

Two things I’d say to anyone setting off on Archery:

A Slow quiver (T2-T1-T0) is useful to carry, to swap, for when the enemy you’re fighting is paralyse-immune because most times they can still be slowed.

And don’t get put off by anyone saying that Archer “needs” a Coral Bow – Covert or Blood Bow work fine. Archer’s strong offensive stats mean basically unless you’re aiming backwards you should have no trouble hitting sb damage on everything with ease.

Agreed, oftentimes you don’t even need a doom bow. Since the tiered bows had their arc gap decreased, they’re perfectly fine for basically everything.

Um no

Get one of the ice bows or dbow if ur lucky
If not get a 3 shot bow with no reskin max speed and dex go glands shot around enter dungeons shot around loot items go glands shot around get dungeons shot around get 5/8 or something think ur cool go shatters or something harder die smash keyboard or just close game take pause for 1 month then come back and do level 20 on assassin so u can play sorcerer and trickster

As archer is my main class, I’d like to give a bit more info on what items are interesting to hunt for.

spectral is up to the person’s playstyle. It will give the most att out of all archer armors, but you will have less defense. This is the one I’m using the most.

For situations like rushing or such where I don’t need the highest dps (most frequent is during wine cellars) I use the beehemoth armor. It gives both good defense and speed, making it the perfect tool for this. If you don’t have one, you can use a coral silk.

For those lucky enough to have one, I definitly recommend using a crown on a maxed archer. It is the highest dps ring, and also gives some hp. Other great rings are bracer (a bit less damage, more survivalism) and pyra (good mix of offense and defense)

As said above, the dbow is a must have. With the dbow and the items above, you can often one-shot gods. Cbow is great when you need shooting speed, when monsters are hard to hit or simply when you need to shoot on a large area. If you don’t have one, covert should be great too. Tshot is nice to have, but not a must have.

For the quivers, T6 is great, paired with a slowing quiver for situations where monsters are para-imune. Other very rare quivers that are quite useful are the bees quiver, that can replace your slowing quiver very efficiently, and QoT, giving you even more dps and the ability to daze monsters.

there are also the beehemoth quiver and the one from the void.

Also the extra +1% fame and 2vit, 2wis of the t6 quiver really dont make a difference that justifies buying it instead of the t5 quiver which is like 1.5 life cheaper

This game has so much irony in it

I hate to say this, but this is 500000% more crappy than the realmeye guide.

[quote=“Madboychan, post:1, topic:23230”]
will work fine.
[/quote]that will work fine, not the best. They both work fine, but definitely not the best.

< Insert CinemaWins’ hahaha here >

Totally not the general way to max a character EVER

sigh

Please look at the REF page for Def v HP v Vit

Although @Bluenoser and others will argue with me, unless you have the mental capacity of Jar Jar Binks you should be able to do sprite worlds no prob. Maxing Dex will help you compete beter.

Everything that this sentence is and stands for.

It actually is the best way if you don’t already have a farming character, because maxing def first (or after dex, these two are swapable because dex is so easy to max and will make getting sb easier) will make all farming much easier. Spd is easy to max and will help a bunch too, so it’s good to max after dex and def. Since they take way more time, mana and hp go last, and if someone doesn’t want to go for the fancy 8/8, they can skip wis and vit, especially on archer. Leaving atk.

I did not say that that was not the best way.

It’s simply that it’s been copy/pasted all over rotmg internet.

Pro tip: Archer and huntress have the same stats, the only difference between them is that huntress has a good ability. :sunglasses:

What does that mean? Also by the general way I assumed you mean the way that’s the most used. Because this way of maxing is both the most efficient and the most copy-pasted, it is the “general”, or most common, way of maxing.

That’s the problem. Nobody thinks of the implications or alternate ways.

Probably because most alternative ways of maxing are harder, less fun or overall slower than this way. There’s a reason why it is the most used and talked about.

As someone who has mained archer for over 4 years, this guide was painful to read.
Start with BBow/Gquiv/Griff/ParaHP if you can
Dex first, always Dex first unless Def first is feasible.
Spd next. Then Wis and farm for a dbow. Vit is nice but not utterly necessary, I recommend it anyway. Att as you can, it’ll take a while. If you have the choice, Life before Mana.
As for gear… Dbow is vital, and any decent AoE bow works as a secondary, anything beyond that is a luxury.
Quiver, carry any high tier quiver you can depending on your pet and mana pool. If you can maintain permalysis, T6 is fine. Otherwise, T3 might be more efficient. Carry a T1/2 Quiv as well because slow is useful and not everything can be paralyzed.
Armour-wise, Spec makes you too squishy but some people like it and it works fine. Personally, I prefer Wyrmhide but CSilk is okay too.
Ring, Crown/Bracer/Pyra are your best options. Expo is a perfect placeholder and T4+ hp rings can work out just fine too.

People like it (and I do) because it gives you the best dps you could have. It also gives you the ability to use bracer/crown instead of a pure att ring and still reach the 1000 dmg dbow shot.

this a guide for dummies so im just giving them the standard way of maxing instead and yes my spelling is not great because usually people dont care ._.
and i dont know what i was doing with the “MAXED SET OF OPNESS” thing…