Ascended Chamber (Oryx 3)

I know, I’m hoping to add more phases with feedback from everyone.
No HP mod/scaling because i mean 1,777,777 HP would just be ridiculous to increase, even by 1% per player. Especially since he spends most of his time invunerable and armored with his 70 defence (140 when armored).

He may not be difficult, but he would take a long time to defeat due to the massive amount of health, the mass of debuffs the players undergo by Oryx and the sheer amount of chase phases that are not atall linked to being “rage” phases.

Lets say you spend 10-30 minutes doing a boss like this just to get T11-13 weapons and T12-14 armors, would you really be satisfied with it when you could just join a discord group and run sone LHs and complete them in a faster time and get tons more loot.

Just to let you know that even if you get 3/3 bags, the bags are only ever filled with 1-2 items, so thats a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6, where you could usually get 1-8 items in a single bag.

I don’t know if you’re up to this but could you possibly suggest some troll-proof puzzles that I could add for phases?

Never saw your Beyond idea until now (good job on it, by the way).

I can see the resemblance between my Oryx and yours with the two Swords and the Crimson Capes. However, mine was supposed to be modelled of Ganondorf and Ganon from Zelda Ocarina of Time.

image + image =

I guess :confused::man_shrugging:t5:. :grin::joy:

I like the idea, I miss the old days when O2 was the boss yaknowwhatitmean? Now O1/2 Just insta pop’s it seems like. So yeah, would like to see a challenging “end realm” boss and some good drops from him, otherwise what’s the point in closing a realm.

My favorite thing about this post: The Oryx sprites for sure

Positive feedback, I’ll take it man. :grin:

And I get what you mean.
At least someone sees this as challenging, although it could use slightly more work…

I think if the t15 armors and t14 weapons get re-introduced, then they should get some new sprites like some of the t13 weapons and t14 armors… anyone want to whip up some sprites? I think the black and blue scheme would look great as opposed to the red and gold of the lower tier. Also, great idea man. It looks challenging, the enemy and oryx sprites are gorgeous and i think it could be easily implemented. Overall 10/10 would smash :smiley:

Edit: I made some sprites… how do I get them from the ROMTG Draw website?

Would be cool, but you should on my fight him after killing 02 and should be harder

Fighting Oryx after Oryx after Oryx would get far too repetetive and boring, don’t you think?

I’m still in the process of creating more phases too, just to let you know.

I, myself, do prefer the original T13-14 weapon sprites and T14-15 armor sprites as they follow a nice theme and colouration.

I mean i could try, but I prefer to stick to the origninals.

I did:

if that’s still not clear for some reason, I’ll try being even more plain:

if the conditions for O3 are met, O2 cannot be fought. if players want to fight O2 instead, then no one can fight O3. therefore, the question players will always have to consider is: “do I want to fight O2, or O3?”. if you want O3 to be on the same tier or higher than LH, then players in a public setting will almost never be able to complete it. if O3 must be fought publicly, then O3 will never be attempted, let alone defeated. therefore, you have a problem. even though O3 might drop super high tier equipment (which I still don’t agree with), he has no drops that cannot simply be replaced with slightly inferior equipment. O2 may drop lower tier gear, but O2 requires little to no coordination or planning to attempt, access, or defeat. put simply, it’s just not worth the trouble or the sacrifice.

my problem isn’t that you’re adding lore, my problem is that with a single line from a single dungeon that consists of a single fight, you have completely rewritten the entire story of RotMG save for LH’s lore. that’s a bit much.

ironically, those are the two bosses that are doing it right. what I wanted you to avoid was re-creating LoD. “complexity” doesn’t necessarily mean adding new gimmicks either. it just means that if the attacks are too simple, the boss is either stupid easy or stupid hard. for example: Feargus and John Bilgewater are similar in terms of overall design. both are excessively simple, yet Feargus is near impossible without a lot of strong ranged classes and John Bilgewater is a total joke. now let’s apply this to your O3:

so, O3 walks toward players and shoots 4 projectiles. that’s a bit bland, not to mention easily handled. there’s a 320° gap behind him where literally nothing is going on. if players were to just surround him, he could be dispatched with little to no effort, as players shift positions and make him try to hit multiple players at once. or, like I mentioned before, simply walk backwards and move slightly to the left or right and take no damage whatsoever from this phase.

I think all of O1’s phases are more threatening than this one, or at least more annoying.

this is basically the same phase as the last one, only with even fewer projectiles. same problems.

now we’re getting somewhere, lots of projectiles going on here in a pattern that doesn’t invalidate melees. just one problem: the Forgotten King has this exact same phase with one less stream, and it’s his second easiest phase. and that’s from a fight where a phase is literally hiding in a safe spot for 30s. O3 needs to be doing something else, or spawning something that does something else.

just something that really should stand out here: O3 shoots no projectiles whatsoever in this phase. the boss that drops T14 weapons and T15 armors has a “serious” phase in which he can be EP’d. there just needs to be more.

now we’re talking. multiple wide-range shotguns and an omnidirectional attack, too bad the shields only have a range of 2. it’s still a bit on the excessively simplistic side, but if he’s moving super crazy fast adding anything more might be unfair.

projectiles + grenades is better than grenades alone to be sure, but there’s still the issue of O3’s wide exposed back that exists in all other phases other than the Truth phase. this seems to be a common oversight. also, why become armor broken if he becomes invulnerable?

… the shields have a range of 2 and the spheres have a range of 6. he is near harmless in this phase. additionally, neither projectile inflicts very much damage, and the spheres have an arc of 27.5° where they can’t hit anything. you can sit perfectly still and farm 75s of accuracy with an acclaim in this phase.

it’s okay I suppose, but once again that pitiful range on his shields makes them near inconsequential, and he only has one other attack. and the fact that that one other attack consists of single projectiles up to 3 seconds apart doesn’t add much difficulty.

5s * 11 phrases = 55s ~ 1 minute phase.
this phase lasts even longer than daichi’s setup phase.

daichi is gay.

food for thought.

a generous amount of projectiles, both radial and directional attacks, a decent attack phase overall. I feel indifferent about the puzzle itself tbh, but the attacks are going somewhere at least.

after an in-depth read, I find that my initial doubts gave the overall design too much credit. I would actually say that O2 and his meager 2 phases are both more challenging and more interesting than this entire fight. it’s just too simple.

2 things:

1. I don’t give positive feedback, because most people equate positive feedback to asskissery, and I have yet to see any idea worthy of genuine “positive” feedback. instead, I give constructive feedback, which most people incorrectly assume is “negative” feedback. I have now told you that you have problems in the design, what those problems are, and most importantly, why they’re problems. this should give you enough information to actually fix these problems so you can improve the overall quality of the design, assuming you happen to agree with my arguments in the first place.

2. of course they’re my opinions. there’s very little objective and factual feedback that can be given to something that cannot be experienced or tested, and even then most of the feedback from things like public testing is also opinions as well.

in short, the fight needs to be made significantly harder, or you should give up on the “new” new tops, because sounds about as easy as the stone guardians. not so hot for “O3”.

I am not like you and I don’t know or don’t think I have full access to dungeon production and testing.

If I could code in XML and knew how to run it it would be extremely easy for me to improve my own idea, however all you have done is given me semi-constructive feedback.

Mostly listing the things I have done wrong with this is not constructive. Yes you have given me examples and comparisons to arguably harder dungeons and highlighted reasons why this should be harder and items should be removed, however you have not elaborated on any improvements I could make which is the backbone of Constructive feedback.

How does this help me in any way?

Harder how? How is it not hard? It seems to me like you have briefly skimmed over the projectile damages and deemed it “non-threatening”, however I’d more than love to design the dungeon exactly from how I imagine it and allow you to even attempt overcoming it single-handedly.

It may seem easier than the MBC fight and even Oryx the Mad God 2 to you, but they are completely different battles and have different dynamics and attacks.

MBC is bullet hell in a large space, there is some structure but the main formula is “high damaging projectiles everywhere”.

And Oryx the Mad God 2 is “get too close and become a grave”.

Unlike those two I have choreographed and structured this battle in a confined space like the Void Entity, but without the disappearing platform. This may seem significantly easier because of the lack of enemies present in the battle because this is an “all players VS. Oryx” kind of thing.

In aspects it makes the Ghost of Skuld more threatening this in your book as there are more enemies present and an overwhelming amount of projectiles flying around uncontrollably.

The only way I can improve upon his idea is with guidance, not with someone going

“1. this is too easy
2. not enough bullets
3. it’s not endgame material
4. basically easier than Dreadstump”

I need suggestions.

Anyway, I’ll take what I can get and “constructive” feedback is feedback so. :confused::man_shrugging:t5:

Regards,
Redox.

P.S. @Xaklor never mind, realmeye is bugging out a bit and its only showing me sections of comments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

An Apology from Redox

thank god, I was not looking forward to having to clarify myself a third time after being as clear as I thought was needed. it would have been a gigantic text wall looking something like this:

so put something there. if the biggest flaw is surrounding him on both sides, than throw in an attack that goes backwards. or you can widen the shotgun range to take out the sides. you can also spawn minions or turrets, those remove safespots while keeping the main boss approachable.

agreed

Well the pixel editor isnt working properly so I’m a bit stuck ;c

1.HP scaling is needed. Instead of placing his base health so high, lower it and add hp scaling instead because it makes more logical sense. If you have ever ran a public lost halls, you would know that one million health can go out insanely fast.
2. Lost halls 2.0 increased the difficulty of lost halls by 10 fold and now void can have over 5 million HP, more then you oryx does yet your Oryx has higher teired drops. Secondly, there are a decent amount of people who only run halls for the t14 armors and t13 weapons because to be truthful, most of the whites aren’t that good.
3. What’s the 3/3 bags about?

VSAUCE HERE

Yeah the sprites don’t load so it kind of sucks. Do you know why it’s like that?

Not really sure but I believe deca are aware of it?

This idea is really good and pretty well thought out, I really like those new Oryx sprites too. My only problem is the bag type the armors and weapons drop in, the correct bag type would be a red bag.

best of the best

maybe you should say something over here then :wink: