At this point, DECA perma banning all hackers would kill the game

first of all 70% of realmers hack and this can be seen in all discords also most non hackers dont spend money on relam soooooo ya

70 % eh… hmmmmmmmmm

WTF

Ignore him, he’s a troll.

Most hackers are insufferable yes, that was not something i disagreed with. Their behavior likely manifests over time with their cheating but that was never something I was contesting, I am just talking about a different change that I believe needs to happen. The fact is that realm has shifted on character building focus to the point that it is one of the main achievements / goals of the game, and the current risk is far too agonizing for it to even be worth playing in my opinion

most non hackers are f2p and all they do is complain about hackers and how items are too rare

most hackers are f2p who don’t have to worry about losing out on what they spent if they get banned and all they do is complain loudly that the game is boring (because they aren’t playing it at all) and are toxic af

most water is dry

Hi I’m sal.

Bruh

About 10% of everything you said was relevant and I’m gonna try my best to cover all the rest of the bs that you typed.
You literally used the examples that I used of fixed abusable glitches (noclip, actual status effects (not visual/control impairments), sitting on things like avatar) I literally mentioned these as things that have been fixed.
Now moving on to things that I didn’t mention that also have been fixed
Inventory spying, (at the moment) duping, multiboxing (might could be moved to the next list of bs you said as it is technically impossible to fix by has severely been reduced), teleport cooldown,
And NOW moving on to things that literally cannot be fixed (what more do you want from deca?)
Autoloot, autonexus (people can change to primitive forms of autonexus), auto aim (arguable), auto ability (also arguable in some ways), spam (they’ve tried many many different ways and have been pretty successful), realm notifiers, teleporting to nearest quest, auto account creation, auto responder to chat prompts, fame train following and other forms of following (although it’s technically been fixed),

Also some things that just make no sense or don’t exist:
teleporting to godlands? (What does this even mean), avoiding the nexus when you nexus? (And wtf is this), hacks that change the range of a weapon (this has never been a thing to my knowledge), DOSing (mhm yes hacked client), framing other players for cheating (with a client?), stealing other player’s passwords (umwhat, Technically teleporting to the nearest person to a quest should be here (but I put this in things that can’t be fixed), loot bag spying, trade delay skip (though I have to say, this one should be fixed by now), technically inventory spying (but that doesn’t even exist anymore), autoloot, quest hp bar
This leaves us with the last list of things you said, the relevant ones, a small fraction of that giant scary looking wall of text:
Teleporting to self for a small amount of invincibility (basically useless unless you’re soloing a dungeon and even pretty useless but still should be fixed)
Dealing damage only to specific targets (like a clean tomb)
I guess I’ll put reconnecting to realms here
And finally, extended vision (the only important one left) which, if patched, would make the black block problem much bigger than it already is. I’ve been left behind in lost halls rooms so many times because of having black blocks that can’t be passed in the way.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go back to wasting my life on other unimportant matters

Yeah I was just asking the question, I do agree with your points regarding permadeath, especially when there are other uncontrollable factors that causes people to lose their character such as lag.

My apologies. That is also definitely true, I just left points like those out as this is a problem that must be fixed by changing the mechanic, not just the game (as the unity port will likely have much less deaths related to client issues)

I know you’re trolling, but it’s a bit sad that the people who hack can’t even refute any claims properly, they just shitpost. Truly, this is the hallmark of a strong backbone to a gaming community /s

Also the Discords that have strict anti-hacker policies (like, the official RotMG Discord) have banned you for hacking… I think that might explain your anecdotal numbers, just saying.

most non hackers are f2p and all they do is complain about hackers and how items are too rare

I was going to repost my quote from above but that’s just spam. And I don’t think spamming it would get through to you; you’ve made up your mind by sheltering yourself in your own bias, and you’re refusing to even try to debate other viewpoints.
To the latter half of this sentence:
I think the reason non-hackers are complaining about hackers is incredibly evident; I’ve tried to explain my thoughts on the matter in a post above but Sebchoof’s video also sums it up quite well.
I also think the reason you claim non-hackers are “[complaining that] items are too rare” is also fairly evident… many items are rare, because they have incredibly low droprates and this is a permadeath game, so if you lose this item with an incredibly low droprate, you’re going to have to go back to grinding for it big time. And if you hack, so you don’t die…

I am not sure if DECA even has a clue how many people hack mostly because you can only tell through observation (I could be wrong) so any statement from a player about the number of hackers in the game is just a wild @ss guess. Yes some days it does seem like there are large numbers of hackers.

I have spent a fair chunk of change on vault chests, character slots and keys. I spend the money for enjoyment and because it is a game I play often and would like to support. I know a goodly number of former guild mates and friends that have spent money the same way.

34% hackers at 1.159 votes

I know but that number is only for the people that seen that poll and actually voted which I never did. I seem to remember a posting somewhere from Deca that this game has 1000s of registered players.

Bluenoser’s made up fake facts:
34% are RWT advertising Bots
28% are mules
17% are accounts that no one plays on anymore
4% are notifier Bots
17% are real players

I don’t know how many people hack in this game or if that’s even quantifiable, but what I can tell you from experience is that a disproportionate amount of “top players” hack. Hackers are able to keep their characters alive through autonexus, allowing to accumulate large amounts of fame and good whites, and thus build good accounts with minimal effort. As a result, most leaderboards players and many of those in top guilds are hackers, using autonexus to maintain a high fame count. Moreover, hackers can more easily do endgame content thanks to hacked client features - lots of RLs and most halls rushers are hackers.

This man has 5000 IQ

Regardless of whether it kills the game or not, DECA would do right by the game if they decided to crack down on these cheaters.

I mean, I think I’ve seen an argument about cheaters once, could be in this forum or somewhere else. Cheaters usually tell you to mind your own business and that their cheating doesn’t disadvantage you; that you can still get loot normally, do dungeons properly, etc. But what hackers don’t see is that indirectly, they’re putting you at a disadvantage.

You could have spent 3 months farming for a coveted rare item, but a cheater could grind for it and amass infinite quantities of this item whereas you only have one chance

You could be grinding out a realm full of heroes to farm for event whites, but notifiers can simply hijack your realm and achieve a chance at a white bag. Yes, the rates of you getting a white bag is still the same regardless of the number of players, but it is unfair to you because you invested effort into clearing the realm, only for a bunch of notifiers to cash in on the spoils of your work

Every death you face is a learning lesson or cautionary warning, allowing you to mature your skills and strengthen your grip on the game. But the skill you’ve earned from dying countless times over the past years is only the equivalent of a cheater with a large number of exploitive advantages that they’ve downloaded and set up in just a couple of minutes.

And what does all of this equate to? It encourages more players to cheat because it’s convenient, because it’s a shortcut to success, yet by doing so, it ruins the experience for you when the game gets too easy/no sense of achievement, and it ruins the experience of others by encouraging them to cheat.

I’m not saying this is the only reason this game is dying, but it is definitely one of the reasons why the game has such an unwelcoming spirit to it. This game’s a living example as to why any developer should enforce the rules of the game strictly onto players. Otherwise, you get this mess that is really difficult to clean up, where there’s so many cheaters rampaging around the game.

I’d say, if DECA wants to switch gears and crack down on these hackers, they should send out a final warning to the entire community. If these cheaters truly want to continue playing the game, they must prove themselves by disabling their clients permanently. If they still continue, boot them out of the game regardless of their numbers. You’re disobeying the game’s rules and you deserve to be kicked, regardless of your money spent, period.

Im just gonna say something that is part of a lot of these discussions: hackers are not all dupers. Dupers are not all hackers. Dupe are due to a bug in the game (at least it alway has been and I assume it is now)

A lot of antihacker arguments have grouped them together which is not always correct.
That being said I cannot stand either of them and I agree that they should both be permanently banned. Its because of them that we have many minor inconveniences in game, as well as some major ones (soulbound uts). Banning all ToS breakers will make the game a happier place for legitimate players, even if they lose a lot of their friends