Azamoth as new hardest dungeon boss

I think that it can be a cool idea making a dungeon based on Azamoth because he only appears in cultist hideout as part of a dialog and would be great having something with him (just for not keeping him in a corner). This can becomes a new dungeon even harder than Oryx 3 and open the opportunity for newer tiered weapon to become a thing

This would be eventual thing in few years but at this moment, Azamoth shouldnā€™t even be harder than O3.

While Iā€™d prefer o3 to be the upper bar for at the very least two more years, you should draft up a dungeon Lay-out. Im curious what you have in mind it would be cool to see azamoth inspired ideas.

You know, Iā€™m perfectly ok with Oryx not being the mightiest enemy in the game. I donā€™t see any contradictions with the current loreā€¦

I actually liked that he was the one in need of saving in Puffagodā€™s works. A victim to the consequences of becoming a god of his own young universe, now subjected to suffer at the hands of The Precepts dictated by the author of all realities he so foolishly tried utilizing -

Here I go againā€¦ lol

But seriously. According to the current lore (even if itā€™s not my preference), all Oryx is is a crazy successful gladiator that obtained a powerful group of supporters, and now has access to some powers that arenā€™t even his to begin with.

Two more years of no new endgame content? Hell no.

Unless HP scaling is changed, o3 is currently a fucking joke you can literally shred him so fast you barely have to dodge.
So a boss that barely shoots is by your suggestion going to be the hardest boss for 2 years?
We need a new hardest boss in 2022 not late 2023.

However if HP scaling is changed this time could definitely be delayed a few years.

I hate this part of the lore. How do you rule over an infinite number of realities and have complete control over life and death, but just be a really strong gladiator in the lore.

One reason why I think Azamoth could be a good endgame addition is because if done correctly it could break up the dreadfully immature and binary good vs evil direction that DECA seems to be taking the ā€˜loreā€™ inā€¦

Dark lords and angelic protectors might have worked with the slightly tongue-in-cheek Tolkein-ism of the Wildshadow days, but now it just seems like a boring and redundant way to craft a conflict. If Azamoth is introduced as an equally important third party in the overall lore (maybe something to do with magic and its source/function? idk) then perhaps the story can advance in a more interesting wayā€¦ though I slightly doubt something like that will happen :frowning:

Also hi bookwyrm :3

Hiiiiii, sorry that I havenā€™t spoken to you in a while! :frowning:

do public o3s

Reworked shatters exists and imo is going to be harder than o3 for a while

Do we really need new tiered weapons? Itā€™s okay if a new endgame dungeon has a similar drop pool to void or o3, but with endgame UTs. Similar to how the fungal cavern dropping t14 armor, despite possibly being harder than lost halls on its first release.

This might be a bit of a tangent but I was thinking of a Court of Oryx dungeon where you fight a revived Black and Green cultist. Of course this would bring up several problems chief of them that they are both dead. So what if Azamoth had revived them? Then youā€™d have to go back and realize that the cultists were enemies of Oryx so why would they be in his court? Well maybe they were his prisoners, but that would bring up the problem that Azamoth would probably be with them. Youā€™d have to make Oryx kill Azamoth and take the Black and Green cultists prisoners for the dungeon to work. Therefore I present the idea of a Court of Oryx dungeon where you fight a revived Black and Green cultist inside of one of Oryxā€™s prisons.

Public o3s are still way too easy for anyone who has 50+ completes on o3 as you can just leech post celestial

This is only true because o3 is insanely leachable. If you push in on o3 its a completely different experience and given 2-3 weeks new shatters will be easier than an o3 if you push in.

We are also lacking Xil and whatever revived the puppet master (a dark entity but I donā€™t think its the void because he isnā€™t shown on the end phase).

Yeah, I was wondering about those things too. Possibly different names for the same entity? Daichā€™s behavior does seem suspiciously similar to the cultists. To quote the realm eye: Daichi leads the monk clan dwelling among the realmā€™s mountain peaks. He sacrifices the souls of anyone who would dare trespass upon his temple to the demon lord Xil. Also, on the topic of the void entityā€™s end sequence thingy, does anyone happen to know if they changed the one for the forgoten king to match the new dungeon? just curious.

Nothing says it in the lore, but I just always assumed that Xil was the Void Entity in disguise. I mean, the lore states that one of its main goals is to obtain a body to enter the realm in, and knowing that the Void Entity worked multiple angles at a time in order to accomplish this (As in most exaltation bosses) its not that far a reach that the Void Entity would also try and get a devoted group of followers who might be willing to obtain a body for it. Itā€™s also stated by the Realm Eye that the Void Entity claims the life essence of others, somewhat similar to what happens when Daichi is defeated.

On a similar note, just theorizing here, but Azomoth could have also been the Void Entity. We know that a lot off the problems with the White Titan Project happened due to the paladins not being pure, and the Void Entity itself appearing in part due to the taint that the necromancers had gained through their inhumane actions during the White Titan Project. Theorizing again, but it would make sense for the Void Entity to not only try and take the titan, but when it could only fill half of the titan, to trick the very creators, the ones who might be able to remove the half of the paladen in the Marble Colossus, or perhaps kill the paladen by killing Spooky Boi. The Cultists were both at a perfect place for that, and in a desperate enough place to turn to any ā€˜Azomothā€™ who may appear.

TLDR; Paragraph one is mostly things from the lore that lead me to believe that Xil was actually the Void Entity, and paragraph two is just some theorizing with a bit of lore back up to why I think Azomoth could have been the Void Entity as well.

How in the world can you shred the boss if everyone in public o3 will essentially leech

Most of the phases in shatters seem to be anti-melee until you do some insanely crazy things. While o3 is significantly easier in general with an occasional mandatory stagger.

There two completely different messages you ape. One is stating o3 is easy as you can shred him so fast you donā€™t have to dodge and one is stating that most people leech post celestial?

And would you look at that new shatters is no one near as hard as o3 LOL

Nice joke. Yeah thereā€™s no such thing as a survival phase in shatters, yeah no such thing as a reaction test jump. Yep thereā€™s totally leeching in shatters. Yeah go to the opposite side of the arena of sentinel, mage, and forgotten king and youā€™ll only have to dodge a few shots, like o3 and beisa. Sicken? Pet Stasis? Boss stasus immunity? Nope, Shatters doesnā€™t have a single shot like that.

Iā€™d prefer for Cult to not be such a pushover as it currently is.

Like, really, the biggest danger is the status spam overwhelming you (f.e. Basaranā€™s slow, Gaiusā€™ + Lightning Demon paralyze, either paired with armor break) or getting effectively instakilled by the formation shotguns.
Subsequently, Malus 2ā€™s phases are either safespottable (purple 1, white 2), barely threatening w/o minions (yellow 1, red 1), or just require a few steps aside every so often; thereā€™s just so little ā€œconstantā€ pressureā€¦

ā€¦of course, I think it would be very cool to see Azamoth be more of an evolution of the Malus fight; the increased projectile limit that Shatters brought would allow for some more flexibility in shape patterns that isnā€™t just ā€œshotgunā€ or ā€œradial blastā€.

I feel like Azamoth, as a fight, could only be executed Fear & Hunger style.
By that I mean having mere traces of Azamoth remain, having left this plane of existence entirely or something along those lines. A pale reflection of itā€™s previous presence in the realm, able to be processed by mortal minds. Strong enough to have eternal mystical presence over existence, yet weak enough to be beaten down into a docile, eye-to-eye state (but not killed, mind you.)
Of course itā€™s not the real Azamoth, itā€™s just a sort of emanation of it. I imagine as Azamoth left, it created a figment of itself from itā€™s own absence. Thatā€™s the sort of thing that Azamoth does, brings the unreal into the real as seen in the Cult fight.