Baby God Pets

I think they are adorable, and I have no problem with this idea. Although I do agree with the opinion that some of the sprites are a little wonky.

I believe that all the changes @Ickabod made were improvements, and the only one left out I feel needs additional work is the baby ghost god, but good luck with that, because I have no idea how to make that look better.

Wanted to apologize for my behavior. I really blew up and went off on a rant with you there, but that was because I was running on really little sleep as I had only gotten 2-3 hours of sleep yesterday as I was finishing up that video pretty long into the night and had to wake up early for work, but I went ahead and relaxed and rested a bit. No excuse for me to just press out all my stress on you like that, so I’m sorry. I appreciate that you were just trying to put in your comment and that you’re a fan of my work, hope you can forgive me.

I like your medusa a lot and all the reasoning behind it but the other I dislike the whole you changed them/ liked them in the first place. I realize my opinion must not be very popular because of the amount of likes on your post but I like how you managed to ‘save’ the medusa from it looking really weird (sorta like an idiot)

I Ok here we go: I really like the beholder because it looks really cute with most of the body taken up by the eye, but it might be too big. I also love the brain, exept the middle bit (whatever it is) should be bigger I think, but perfect color. Now the constructs: they are really nice and definable, their legs and arms are easily distinguished from the main body, but the brown constructs eyes are such a weird color, even though you are using the color pallet of the original sprites they are my least favourite normal god. The djinn is perfect, you captured all of the right floors and shapes, but when I first saw it I thought it was very different than the normal one: so it takes some getting used to. The ent is also great, perfect colours and placement with attention to detail and looks very similar to the normal ent. Now the ghost God needs fixing: it’s either too tilted to the left/down or its arms are too prominent, but I have no proper solutions for this, I am garbage at spriting I can say that the eyes and mouth look good but the body needs fixing. The leviathan is nice but the mouth is weird and distorted, there just isn’t enough room to show it all. Now I see where you were going with the medusa but it is too fat, too much space between the eyes but maybe you could keep the rest? Now the slime is all kinds of messed up: the eyes don’t fit which makes the mouth not fit and it just doesn’t work, maybe you could shrink the eyes/have less of them? Again I have no idea cus I barely ever sprite. The sprite god is also great and cute, you got the chubby baby on this. And finally the white demon: he/she/it is really good, the colors make it obvious which baby it is, and the size work descent with this one too. All in all this deserves a solid 8-9/10 or 8.5/10 with the djinn being my favourite.

Love the idea. My only gripe with it is having to add more white bags to check off my list. :stuck_out_tongue:
Great video!

No need to apologize. I’ll be the first to admit I rated this too lowly, and I didn’t provide any suggestions to improve these. To do that, I’d suggest making the Medusa less chubby (I know that was the point, but personally, I think it looks kinda derpy), trying a total redraw of the Ghost God (it just looks like a blob) and lowering the Beholder eye a bit to make it look better.

Overall, I accept your apology, and I hope I haven’t taken any motivation away from you. I’d also like to apologize for how I was less constructive than usual in my post and for originally rating this so low.

Good point, do whatever you want Yin.

Those brought tears to my eyes, guys. So good to see this kind of behaviour.

So @YinYarn, did you consider what I suggested before?

I like all of these except the white demon

Can’t really see it’s wings. ;-;

Oh yeah sure, I’ll post the lot of them on this page so you don’t have to keep going back.

No worries. I can understand why you’d want some constructive criticism instead of “reeee its ugly”. Personally my qualms are that one of the Ghost God’s eyes blend in too much with the background and that the medusa looks a bit cross-eyed but overall great job, good execution. These are my ideas for pet families:

Medusa, White Demon, Leviathan - Reptilian
Constructs - Automaton
Djinn, Ghost - Spooky
Brain, Slime, Beholder, Sprite - ???
Ent - Woodland
Edit: lol forgot ghost god

ghost gods arent spooky?

The Medusa, the Constructs, the Flying Brain and the Djinn looks so extremely obese.

Baby fat.

I’d put Medusa in Humanoid, as she is a humanoid. Just me though.

Also, this is what I see when I see the constructs:

(I know I’m bad at art)

Nah, I just think the medusa looks too cross-eyed.

Omg I’m so late to this post but I LOVE it! The baby constructs and the medusa actually look amazing to me! I just assumed you were trying to make the baby medusa look chunky and I would totally use it if I got the pet stone. The only 2 I can say need some work are the ent god and beholder. The normal leviathan is a little hard to make out as it is so I can only imagine how difficult an 8x8 version of it was to make. I would also like to say that your videos never cease to amaze me and I hope you can find the motivation to keep it up. I wish you did submit this idea to Deca because I know they would have loved it too, and I need more excitement than just an occasional pot bag when roaming the glands.

When I first saw the Ghost God Pet Stone, I only saw the left eye, because the background in the video as black, matching the right eye. I see the right eye now, it just seemed awkward when I saw it.

Idea:
8/10

###Reasons:
####Pros:
*Another reason to godlands farm, almost like the sprinkles on top. I would love to see that little spark of a new addition that is rare to make godlands farming much less dull.
*One thing PTrainers (most, at least) can’t recieve, since it won’t drop to everyone thats around it, only people who got the SB threshold can see that cyan/white (whatever) bag.
####Cons:
*I think DECA has been adding WAY too many skins/pet skins to the game. I understand that’s their way of making revenue, but this is just getting absurd. We don’t need any more, but the prospect of these particular pet stones dropping from things that don’t cost money is something else.
*Whitebag, no thanks. I know it is a 1/10,000 chance, and thats whitebag-worthy, but cyan bags don’t drop from godlands, and pet stones normally drop in cyan bags.

beholder looks good

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.