Best and worst high level dungeons [poll]

What “high” level dungeon do you think is the best? Which are the worst?

Here’s everything with 4 gravestones and higher in random order

Best high level dungeons (choose up to 3)

• Battle for the Nexus
  • The Puppet Master’s Theatre
  • Abyss of Demons
  • Woodland Labyrinth
  • Belladonna’s Garden
  • Deadwater Docks
  • Ice Cave
  • Lair of Shaitan
  • Ocean Trench
  • Davy Jones’s Locker
  • Manor of the Immortals
  • Tomb of the Ancients
  • Mad Lab
  • The Crawling Depths
  • Toxic Sewers
  • The Shatters
  • Lair of Draconis
  • Puppet Master’s Encore

0 voters

Worst high level dungeons (choose up to 3)

• Battle for the Nexus
  • The Puppet Master’s Theatre
  • Abyss of Demons
  • Woodland Labyrinth
  • Belladonna’s Garden
  • Deadwater Docks
  • Ice Cave
  • Lair of Shaitan
  • Ocean Trench
  • Davy Jones’s Locker
  • Manor of the Immortals
  • Tomb of the Ancients
  • Mad Lab
  • The Crawling Depths
  • Toxic Sewers
  • The Shatters
  • Lair of Draconis
  • Puppet Master’s Encore

0 voters

[Poll] who's your favorite rotmg youtuber?
What is the dungeon that you HATE the most
Patch Notes 27.7.X8.1 Gobble Gobble. Happy Thanksgiving!
Most annoying dungeon and/or boss?
Drops in public OT's?

good:
tomb - classic, easy if knowledgeable but can still die. i feel the more dmg done, the more loot, so not as much leeching. Love the clean and dirty concepts. Good drops, generally.

abyss: just b/c i love rushing it, decent rewards, not really rewards suck. Newer players can still do it.

toxic - love it, seems easy but decently hard. Hard to rush on lots of classes, but can be cleared with relative safety. Can be completed by relatively low lvl players but not super easy for 8/8s

bad:
deadwater - boss spawn can kill you. Bad drops
wood - bad drop, stack shots
ot - boss easy. Lots of leeching. Steam rolled

Honorable mentions for bad
Ice cave - lots of leeching. But at least has decent drops.
Lair - lots of leeching. The chest, but at least at fire and ivory you have to somewhat do something.

What is the dungeon that you HATE the most

This Ajax is a classic example of crap. The whole page hangs while I try to scroll up or down.

Curious that the top 5 worst dungeons are all from post-msellers Kabam.

The only option from the msellers period is the Mad Lab.

i like how the top rated ones are the hardest ones,

tomb, shats, encore, ot, toxic

Anyone voting LOD as the worst dungeon needs to fight me IRL :sunglasses:

It would be pretty funny if Shaitan dropped a loot bag where he dies.

Wanna know why u aint no red star, because u dont got the gutz bruh.

In my opinion, Lair of Draconis is one of the most fun high level dungeons to do. The shot patterns keep you on your toes while at the same time not being too difficult, and each of the bosses is unique with an ability to turn invisible, a lava phase, a barrier of the dragons own hide to protect itself, and minions that heal the dragon. All of this makes me put LOD in my 3 best high level dungeons along with shatters and puppet master’s encore.

But despite being such a fun and unique dungeon with some interesting UT’s, the amount of loot received is not really worth the time it takes to complete a LOD, unless you get lucky and find a top or two. Leaching in a LOD is only a problem in public LOD’s, which is the case in all public dungeons. Private LOD’s however usually have mostly bow, staff, and wand users which means everyone helps a bit.

In conclusion I think that the Lair of Draconis is one of the best high level dungeons in terms of how fun they are to run, but not so much in the loot department.

raises hand

toxic aint hard if you’re clearign or a rogue

Interesting observation. I can’t recall the exact details, but I wonder if the Kabam team was behind those. They were all around the same era.

I wonder if the abyss would ranked higher, and with viewer “worst” votes, if this poll came out before the last update.

yeah clearing takes a lot longer

pala is also good for rushing

@Pikaman
kinda funny i found those three to be not my least favourites but bad b/c they all have premade layours and two of them dont have any dungeon to actually go through

edit: fck why does everyone like shats so much is it b/c its just hard, i find it pretty simple with a good guild, actually sometimes too simple.

I like pretty much every dungeon in the poll. Some are certainly better than others, but I think they all have something to offer and I wouldn’t say I hate or even strongly dislike any of them.

For the best, I chose the Tomb, Encore and Lab. The Tomb is unique, exciting and perfect for organized guild runs. The Encore, although the newness may be swaying me a bit, is still a fantastic bullet-hell boss with great reward and is a blast to play in small groups. And who doesn’t love the Mad Lab? It’s a great dungeon all around, nobody really argues that.

For the worst, I chose the Labyrinth, Ice Cave and Abyss. Although it’s an unpopular opinion, I actually like the epic dungeons. The Woodland Labyrinth just doesn’t do anything for me, though. I like the way you navigate under the tree canopy, but that’s straight from the standard Forest Maze. The other two epic dungeons at least do something to stand out from their easier counterparts, but the Woodland Labyrinth is really just a buffed Forest Maze with no special spin to it. The transforming boss could be considered a special mechanic, and although it is cool, it doesn’t do as much as it could have with the concept.

I chose the Ice Cave because of all the missed potential. I thoroughly enjoy the boss and consider it to be a better version of the Davy Jones fight, but the bulk of the dungeon is inherently flawed because of how it blatantly encourages leeching. People have made some phenomenal ice-based dungeon ideas in the past, which makes the lack of variety and creativity here all the more insulting. I know this was put together with very limited time and resources and, considering the circumstances we’re now aware of, it could be considered a miracle that this was able to be released at all, but that doesn’t make it any better from a player perspective. Even if you are going to have a clearing-based dungeon, at least have some more enemy variety. Two very basic enemies just isn’t enough.

My final choice for worst is the Abyss, and no, that decision has absolutely nothing to do with the recent loot adjustment. I’ve always found this dungeon to be just plain bad. There’s a pitiful lack of enemy variety with a single attack and behavior each, the boss is a total pushover with way more potential, it’s an aesthetic bore and every room is exactly the same, which makes the long length all the more torturous. Does anybody actually run this dungeon for fun?

What do you mean, can you elaborate?

@Toastrz I actually find the abyss interesting to rush. When there’s a mob of brutes chasing you (mind you, electric pet helps), the very notion that one wrong step could result in your demise is, I find, exhilarating. Though with a legendary pet, it’s more of a bore and I only did it for the reward.

Everyone agrees Malphas could have used a buff years ago, but it’s not that big of issue anymore…

I think part of the reason why is that most our guilds are bad… leading to some really fucked-up shatts. I personally like it due to how hard it is and the drops, but I get why you see it as simple.

Rushing can provide a thrill, but that can be said of pretty much every high level dungeon because of how involved and fast-paced the process of rushing is in general. It requires dexterity (from the player, not the stat) and quick reaction times as well as good judgement. A dungeon should still be interesting and fun to do normally, but I really just can’t say that about the Abyss.

Hey, welcome to the forums! ^^

Fair enough.

Right. But OT is not bad, it’s actually one of the nicest dungeons. It’s just broken and needs to be fixed. A simple fix would be to simply spawn multiple OT at the same time from a single Kermet, s.t. the plebs of a realm split up a bit. You could still end up in overpopulated trenches, but if this happens, then that means that there are other trenches that are almost empty. You decide.