Boomers thread ~Relive old memories~

Protect the applesauce…

When the Trickster class was first introduced, its decoy was a stationary red knight.

by the text it also seemed like all prisms were like brain is now

Yeah. At the time the decoy was thought useless but now we see its potential.

There used to be a cheat codes thread on the old Wild Shadow forums by AntiLOL explaining how to somehow obtain in game hacks. In it there were sentenses or words you had to put in the chat to aquire these super duper abilities. What was amazing was that nearly everyone leaving a comment or adding to the thread played along for quite a long time. Some advice was given to post screenshots of yourself in the realm saying these cheat codes. So you would see newer players shouting and showing a screenshot of their char in a realm saying it doesn’t work with everyone else assuring them it does and making them try different strange things. I fell for this hard as did lots of players but it was some great fun!

Edit: Not sure if it will let me edit after it’s locked but i managed to find an archive of at least the first page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130605174338/https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/5435

Also the first person to fall for it posted a youtube vid :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqzjxXixrU

We are immune to non-Mystic attacks!

I’m not a very old player, (not even quite four years), but I thought it was funny back when bulwark was insanely rare, and yes it was like sooooooo rare a few years ago, my brother convinced my sister and I that only three people could have it at a time, and that if one of them died with it then it could drop. This had us all convinced until one day I got one xd

:smiley: The rumors where something special.

Many people got angry when I destroyed the tables in the Mad Lab. Some meant it seriously - the drop chances were decreased when the tables were destroyed.

As a developer myself I now that they never would invest the time implementing such “features”. Not as long the many other bugs and glitches weren’t fixed.

THIS IS WHY NO ONE GETS FULMI

Just goes to show people will believe any superstition in ROTMG, no matter how ridiculous or stupid it is.

huh i believed the opposite.
i thought breaking tables were good luck

maybe im the bad guy

Ftfty

Ah, thanks. Been so long since I seen them say that.

I remember almost 4 years ago i had a very cool bug occur on my alt account when buying some dyes.
For some reason it used to change colour when moving / rotating directions. I used to enter my vault and return to nexus with my hat a different colour each time.

This was actually captured in one of Kalle’s vids a little while ago.
If you follow this player (STEELVEINS) for 30 seconds you will see some interesting footage.

Unfortunately i suicided with him when i wanted to quit soon after but you can still see in my graveyard when hovering over the hat that it doesn’t show the small cloth even though the picture does. I tried to replicate it with these dyes multiple times with no luck. I do recall another case of this happening with a knight (different player) and it was also using a striped small cloth iirc. Maybe something is buggy about this coloured cloth?

the nexus i remember :cry:
also the prices i remember :cry:
necrotic staff for 2 def… now, THIS is beginner friendly…

at the bottom of nexus, is where you went to buy more expensive stuff
i liked how it was organized that way, the top of the nexus was where you buy/sell newb stuff, the bottom of the nexus, as you can see on the minimap, is where people sold more expensive stuff

i remember always passing by the bottom of the nexus thinking “i’m never gonna be able to buy that stuff”, and was kinda intimidated by it

I honestly wish they would temporarily bring that back, and I was barely not boomer enough to even have this nexus as a newbie. I do, however, remember those prices. :disappointed_relieved:

“EVERYONE PRESS SPACE BAR ON %”
i thought that was a typo until he counted “1, 2, 3, 4, %”
LMFAO

“STOP MISSING A STATIONARY TARGET”
was personally my favorite

the WC wedding
the weird testing server map builder
no sb bags and rogues being the ultimate event god class
dex being really valuable
ty brutus

oh yeah also warrior’s speed boost affecting other players

I remember when they gave out a free lil red skin (or maybe it was the witch skin, I forget) my friend told me to save it and sell it at an exorbitant price.

I sold it for a t10 wand.