Brawler (New Class unfinished)

As I said, this is unfinished; feedback would be very appreciated, as would effort and ideas.
The principles are this: Standard hp/mp cap, 55 max atk, 25 max def, 60 max spd, 60 max dex, 75 max vit, 50 max wis. Pretty standard. Sword for weapon, hide for armor, and the ability would be this: Knuckles (think brass knuckles). They operate on the same principle as the Undead Brawler enemy in the Haunted Cematery, with a shotgun like burst for times ranging from .25 to .75 seconds. It would deal heavy damage at very close range, the reason for the speed ( to run at with a burst attack ). Thus it would operate on speed influencing safety almost as much as def, a flaw but also a strong point. No items have been made up by me yet, but I want to hear what you guys think. Please provide me with any new thoughts, or feel free to point out any oversights I have. Thanks!

Rough draft origin story: When the rare disputes of the Heroes of the Nexus escalate past a mere arguement, strictly officiated brawls are used to determine whose cause will be championed. No bladed or even dull weapons are allowed, only fists. Such incidents as those weapons being used were hoped to be isolated, as no one could be spared in the fight against Oryx. Eventually, clever yet devious fighters found a way to disguise weapons in the form of metal coverings for the knuckles - brass knuckles they called them - and made them simply look like their hands so as to never be found without an advantage. When this was eventually found out other Heroes began to have thoughts about how this breaking of the rules could also benefit in the fight against the Realm’s oppression - and so the brawler was born. Armed with a sword, skillful fighters were given those ‘brass knuckles’ so as to be able to deal quick devastating blows to enemies. However, the heavy armor of the Knight and Warrior was too constricting, and so the flexible hide of the Rogue and Assassin was added to the outfitting of the Brawlers. When normals ‘knuckles’ were found inneficient, the mages of Nexus came together and found a way to imbue the essence of rage and swiftness into these weapons, granting their wielders powerful feelings to help them go beyond their corporeal limits. Thus outfitted, the Brawlers channelled their emotions into their strength, becoming the ultimate fighters against Oryx’s crushing rule…

As you know, I don’t have sprites, so anyone with skill out there to create sprites I would greatly appreciate any effort you could put into making some. Now, proposed stats for T0 -T7 abilities (Also, traditional yellow coloring for the ‘shots pass through obstacles’ is too hard to read so I used red instead.):

Bronze Knuckles

Tier 0
Shots: 2
Shots pass through obstacles
Range: 2.25 squares
Inverted cone angles: 120 - 70 degrees
Damage: 60 - 70
Mana cost: 40 MP
Cooldown: .75 seconds

Dangerous and small weapons, a trademark of brutal fighters.

Arcane Knuckles

Tier 1
Shots: 3
Range: 2.5 squares
Inverted cone angles: 125 - 75 degrees
Damage: 75 - 100
Mana cost: 50 MP

Enchanted for combat, these can be grueling to go up against in battle.

Fireforged Knuckles

Tier 2
Shots: 3
Range: 2.5 squares
Damage: 95 - 120
Mana cost: 55 MP

Made in one of hells deepest and darkest forges for elite demonic armies.

Dragon Bone Knuckles

Tier 3
Shots: 4
Range: 2.75 squares
Inverted cone angles: 125 -75 degrees
Damage: 170 - 200
Mana cost: 75 MP
Burst Duration: .25 seconds
Cooldown: 1 second

Made for an Ogre clan’s patriarch, these weighty knuckles were composed of the fire breathing dragon’s thick ribs.

Jewelled Knuckles

Tier 4
Range: 2.75
Damage: 225 - 250
Mana cost: 90 MP
Burst Duration: .25 seconds
Cooldown: 1 seconds

Richly made knuckles adorned with large jewels, commissioned for a renowned fighter.

Earthshaker Knuckles

Tier 5
Damage: 300 - 325
Mana cost: 95 MP
Burst duration: .25 seconds
Cooldown: 1 seconds

Used by great warriors who were one with the earth, these knuckles carry the power to create or destroy whole kingdoms.

Starmetal Knuckles

Tier 6
Shots: 5
Damage: 375 - 400
Mana cost: 100 MP
Burst duration: .35 seconds
Cooldown: 1.25 seconds
Forged of metal out of a fallen meteor, the faint glow of these finely made weapons hint at great power to be used.

Heavenly Knuckles

Tier 7
Shots: 5
Range: 2.85
Damage: 400 - 425
Mana cost: 105 MP
Burst duration: .35 seconds
Cooldown: 1.25 seconds

Made for the divine champions of the heavens, the power of life an death flows inside of these miraculous weapons.

Edit progress
Edit 1: Vit change from 40 to 75
Edit 2: Edit progress added/Origin story added (draft 1)
Edit 3: Tier 0 - 7 stats added (draft 1)
Edit 4: Added color to ‘shots pass through obstacles’ text
Edit 5: Added burst timing, mana cost, and cooldown

Kinda low vit for melee

That was fast sheesh! And I agree but for vit being 2x as effective

75 vit for melee is what it needs. its gonna be really bad without

Ok, I have fixed that.

Just want you guys to know, if I can get enough support on this idea, I will develop it into a full - fledged class idea, hopefully we can get it there, I thank you for your support! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.