Can't buy gold through steam

So for some reason, whenever i select what amount of gold i wish to purchase and then click “buy now” the interface just freezes. The only button i can click on is cancel and after that i just go back to the game. When you click buy now you’re suppose to get a steam popup thing where you select payment method and then pay, but i don’t get that. Also what i’ve noticed is that you can usualy press tab+shift to open a steam thing while ingame, but i can’t. Could that be the issue? I’ve tried restarting steam, rotmg and reinstalling steam. And i’ve tried googling on this issue but haven’t found anything that was to any help. If anyone else has got this and knows how to fix it i would be very happy to get help :slight_smile:

Moved to tech support. -Matty

Debug while trying to buy gold
Nothing pops up when i try to buy realm gold

Hi, I managed to fix this by transferring my steam account onto a web account. Then by buying gold on the web account, it linked me to my steam account. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. Are you on Mac?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Hi. Yes, that’s why; Your allow in-game overlay is probably set to off since shift+tab isn’t working and purchasing gold on steam only works with it on. Go to Library>Realm of the Mad God then right click on the title of the game and click “Properties” then click on “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” so that it has a check mark oin the box after you do so while the game is closed. Next, open up the game and it should work fine. My in-game overlay is on/works in game and I can purchase gold with no issues. Best of luck!

Purchasing Gold on Steam

Hi, I know for a fact that if you are using steam on certain macs even doing what @LexCorp mentioned does not work. What you can do is transfer your account to to the web version or try to delete and reinstall your game/steam.

This is true, @ElliottK. There’s also this: Steam Forums: “Steam overlay not working? Read here.” and I’m not sure if this’ll fix it if you’re on a Mac but it’s worth a shot! Just go to www.realmofthemadgod.com on your browser, right click in the middle of the screen, then click “Settings…” and ensure that the “Enable hardware acceleration” box is checked then click “close” and open the game and give it a try. Hope this helps you out, @Pogris and if my methods don’t work then I hope that @Vixiee & @ElliottK’s suggestion of transferring your account to the web version works out for you. Best of luck again!

Cheers!

I cant buy gold in steam

I was going to say this :heart:

@Pogris did lexcorp’s instructions work? If not, could you tell us what operating system and version your using?

Side note: linking steam to a web account doesn’t work anymore.

I don’t know about Pogris, but I have exactly the same problem. I’m on a mid-2012 11 inch Macbook Air, and I’m on OS 10.11.2 El Capitan. I’ve done what Lexcorp suggested, and none of it has worked.

I’m on Mac but I have bootcamp so I had to go on Windows to fix this

I had the same issue where I wasn’t able to link steam to a web account but I found this youtube video that helped. Bit outdated but it worked for me (on PC though, I had to use bootcamp on my Mac).

To Mac users I don’t really have a solution cause my sister ended up having to login onto a PC to get it to work.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

That video worked for me to get my account onto browser, but my purchase wouldn’t go through on paypal. rip :sob:

Ahhh was it a Steam issue or paypal issue? At least you’re halfway there!

Yeah same, this has literally been a problem for years. I’ve heard enabling hardware acceleration is a possible solution.

I’m having the same problem, also the “register” button when trying to resister my steam account for a web browser doesn’t seem to do anything. I thought they would’ve fixed this ages ago since it means they’re not making as much money as they could.

Just quoting from my reply above:

I found this youtube video that helped

So apparently I already linked it with an account that I had looooonnnnnngggggg forgotten about, thanks for the help though!

Ohhh. You’re welcome!! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.