Caverns & Dimitus Events! [Nov 13-18, Nov 15-17, respectively]

Looks around, sees no Mynam post on this “Okay, let’s give this a shot…”

x-post from

What is dimitus?

I’ll do you one better, why is dimitus?

Only mention of him I could find:

Because chest events are boring and DECA wants to make it look like they’re doing different things, idk.

But… HOW is Dimitus?

So we’ve evolved from just Event Chest, to keys that’ll give you an Event Chest with a double EXP/Loot Drop event, or having a Touhou-esque boss at the end of every dungeon

A little torn but its in the right direction.

At least the thing with the loot is shooting back this time!

someone make a scooby doo meme with the dimitus being unmasked to be really an event chest

Well something like the Prismimic is a bit fun and creative despite just being old bosses stacked upon each other. I don’t know what Dimitus is, but maybe more thematic event bosses could come to fruition (maybe just more Prismimics, since I guess the Crystal Entity is going to be in the endgame lore)

I’d like to see a void entity at the end of a pcave event!

In all seriousness, I think extra, themed boss fights would be a great alternative to chest events. That way it’s a little less brain-dead.

it would be cool for an LH event if at the very end all the shit the void transforms into he spawns at once (and totally stupid, so i’d never happen)

It would be cool if he could become one (or two) of the things at least; it could at least pretend to be a challenge for the 100+ people in there.

Menu screen news graphic, featuring Dimitus in golden glory:

So dimitrus is like a treasure version of malphus similiar to the golden oryx effigy?

Dimitus circles around the dungeon boss firing moderate dmg status effect shots, only vulnerable after the boss dies IIRC. Can kill if you’re half-asleep for sure, but is slow moving and not really a direct threat to maxeds. More an annoyance of getting hit by a status effect and missing dmg (eg daze), or confusing you into the main boss/minions.

And for who is Succubus, see the 2019 Valentine’s event.

Yet another crappy demon recolor huh

lets take a look at these drops
hmm…alright skin farming time. please no whites.

Eh, noticed the event got an update, to include a Reef x2, bit lame they didn’t pre-announce it as I’d have probably made some time for that.

It’s over now so don’t get excited, only posting for historical accuracy. From the Reddit post: