Change to Mystery stat potions (sb)

Mystery stat pots are a pretty good way to fairly give us rewards for tasks. Packs/mystery boxes in the shop, campaigns, seasonal missions and even some bosses/chests in realm use mystery stat pots. They’re pretty great, except for one thing. The part where they’re soulbound.
Now, this makes sense because people can easily abuse the potions by claiming them multiple times from other accounts. People have recommended allowing storage of them, or even making them tradable.
I think the easiest solution would be to make the potions automatically convert to one soulbound stat potion of a random type when it’s in the gift chest. This way, they stay soulbound and aren’t abusable, but also don’t get constantly dropped because they’re hard to store and might be a type they don’t need

Meh I think mystery pots should just give regular pots and not SB

Yeah, I don’t understand why this even exists, it’s awful getting mystery potions from chests and you can’t do anything with it other than put it in your chest

Yes. I have proposed something very similar before. It should be changed so all pots you find in Realm or through quests are normal, i.e. not SB. Anything that takes time and/or effort to achieve, if there are pots as a reward they should be normal pots.

The only pots therefore that remain SB therefore would be free ones. Ones you get from daily login, from occasional giveaways. As if they were normal then anyone could create multiple mules to collect them and ‘give’ them to their normal account, multiplying the number of free ones.

Rewards though like from chests no-one is going to be collecting those on their mules, it’s going to be at best a lot slower to do so without your normal pet, best UT/ST gear, at worst just impossible.

SB pots are terrible, especially ones you find in Realm. I generally never pick them up, except for the occasional mana or life. They can’t be given away, or put in your potion rack, or used at the Tinkerer. I’d rather farm a bit longer and collect regular pots which I can more easily use or dispose of.

Not to mention it’s just the regular all year round drop from the machine

The issue is that deca will never do that. It’s a nice thought, but people would abuse free packs that have mystery pots and just trade them all away to their main account. Having sb pots is the only “fair” way to prevent this, just that the terrible storage options for them needs a fix

Adding onto this, a separate storage space for soulbound stat potions specifically would be nicer and easier to implement. Maybe make it an add-on menu to the regular potion vault so you can have both types of pots in one place, or have another potion vault, albeit with more limited space to balance out the ease of storage.

As it was never that easy as now to get pots, I’m fine with the current state (just throwing them away if I can’t use directly).

Well my thought is more directed to bad players/new players. For example, when I lose my last 8/8 and get a 50 mystery stat pot for a quest and wanna use em all on one character to get close to 8/8 but half of them end up being useless because of the way they work. That sucks

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.