Chasm of Great Evil

Wow I love your sprites

i really dislike this concept for a very, very personal reason.

what are the droprates of whitebags?
why exactly are there so goddamn many of them?

having this many bosses in a single dungeon can’t be a good idea. balancing issues are already prominent, with most of the ut’s being extremely comparable in power, in stark contrast to the drastic differences in the power of bosses.

you could say that the lost halls has the same issue. the difference is that the lost halls is moderately time consuming at best, and ends in complete failure at worst, while i honestly don’t see any downside to walking in this dungeon, killing an easy boss or two, and getting easy tops, whites, etc…

you could boil my problems with it down to a tl;dr of -

excessive reward for less risk and time involved

way too many rewards

it’d also be nice if you worked on the bosses, rather than the items itself. i see a ton of ideas that are abandoned with only items and very little work on the dungeon itself.

sprites are great though, nothing to say there. i can’t go into specifics about item balancing, but for the most part they seem fine. i’ll list some issues i had with them though on an individual basis:

blade of wrath: “+3 atk” is unnecessary, a straight buff to the firerate/damage or just removing the buff would be better.

warlord’s helm: my issue here is that there are just so many status effects. also, if it’s a sheer dps boosting item, again, why do you need the atk boost in the first place? also i’d recommend the +12 def be dropped to +10 for continuity.

spirit of war: the spd boost is way too high. most of the items that come with such a high boost in a single stat come with some kind of penalty, but not here. it seems pretty much like a pseudo-potato as well.

gnarly venom: i dislike daze on ranged abilities, and i think most forumers would agree with me here.

memento of the plaguebearer: reminds me of bracer, but excess stat boosts. why not just move the 2 att into dex?

pterasitic bow: i’d be inclined to criticise, but until there are specifics about the shot pattern i can’t say much. the horror maw shoots 4 shots, no? unless you’re meaning to make it a mbc sword-esque thing.

decaying trap: my instinct would be to decrease range a bit and increase the cooldown. that is all.

infected leather armor: very little incentive to use over hydra or wyrm.

skull of relentless lust: is this really just a 200 hp flat heal? the high mp cost is reminiscent of the old skulls. i suppose it has a place now that nothing else has that effect though.

seal of the boastful: that’s a ton of status effects lol

shield of eternal rage: +15 is an assload of defense, i’d recommend a drop. it seems very niche though, looks like the ep of abilities.

stolen bag of riches: that’s just a shitload of damage, comparable to shield except easier to hit with a longer range. actually, it’s basically just a better void quiver, although it’s for a different class. also again, what’s the point of having +7 att if you’re just going to effectively cancel it out with -5 dex? the effect it has on higher def enemies is minimal at best.

most of the problems i have with the items are the fact that there are just so many damn effects and superfluous stat boosts carelessly thrown around. other than that, most, if not all, are pretty well balanced.

good shit

If this dungein was released RotMG Troller could make a comeback :neutral_face:.

Haunted Cemetary Part 2 :grin:.

Great word overall. However I see this more of a dungeon brief, with a skim over the bosses. I would love to see their sprites and attack projectiles (unless my Realmeye is buggy again and most of the post is not appearing.

If you don’t have sprites though, I’d be more than happy to contribute some if you give me a brief of what they should look like.

Regards,
Redox.

I really like this one :open_mouth:

Its to much to read but :slightly_smiling_face:

1. There are Sprites for T7 T8 T9 and T10 abilities(hidden somewhere in the files)
  2. I can say thats a good idea cuz i see the effort many sprite alot text good sprites too

+1

I love the idea, but there just gives so many UT’s into the game. 4 full sets, and a bunch of standalone UT’s it feels just like too much.

Another person had the same concern about trolling. Keep in mind, he can’t be harmed by players, only enemies.

And yeah, at the moment it’s more of the idea of the dungeon rather than a complete one, hence the note at the bottom. Upon it being complete, I’m going to compile a Google Doc so it doesn’t exceed the character limit like this one almost did, and so everything is there. Help would be very appreciated! Just make sure to PM me on RealmEye, as I’ll likely forget to do that myself.

I love the idea of the guidance. This makes it so no one can rush and everyone actually has to work as a team. 9/10

I was prepared for something a little more bashing, but honestly, the concerns that you have are completely justified and I can understand them. So, I’ll go through each concern one by one.

Drop Rates:
Up for debate. Obviously they wouldn’t be super high, especially for the Bracelet, but not low enough to never exist. (COUGH, CDIRK)

Why So Many?:
I didn’t want to make the mini-bosses feel like just a waste of time, which is why they all have their own unique drop. Same goes for Conquest. As for the main Bosses, they’re the main attraction and I wanted them to feel more special, which is why they get a set.

The “Lost Halls” Issue:
I get the concern there. However, this isn’t just “I have to stand over here and do damage and run around a bit”, this is more of “I have to protect this guy or else the dungeon gets twice as hard”, and “I have to make sure I don’t get flattened because I’m not paying attention”. It’s meant to make you feel a bit more on your toes, because you could go from safe to getting your shit decked in a matter of a second or two if you’re not careful, but not in the same way a Commander of the Crusade is. (He’s bullshit.) This way, if you don’t see it coming, it’s not the fault of them not rendering, it’s yours.

Low Risk, High Time, Excessive Reward:
I did already give my explanation on the items, and the actual fact of the dungeon itself, so I don’t want to be a broken record here.

Enemies > Items
Unfortunately, I suck ass at making boss sprites and patterns/shots for them. I do already have @Redox who’s willing to help, as well as @Ickabod. That’ll definitely make it easier to bring the whole idea to life.

Blade of Wrath:
I put this in there mainly because it’ll have a different effect for Warrior than it would for Knight/Paladin. The two of them have less Attack, so it makes it a little bit more useful for them while still making it useful for Warrior.

Warlord’s Helm:
All of the effects are implemented for a reason, so trust me on that one. It’s also meant to be a “hit hard for higher risk” helm more than just a DPS Booster, hence why it gives Sick for 2.5 seconds. The +12 Defense isn’t much compared to +10, but I felt that since it’s where it is, I’d give it that.

Spirit of War:
I originally had the Speed at 10 with a bit less Dex and Def, but honestly, this is better. It doesn’t completely overshadow the Candy Ring for super high speed, but it also gives buffs to the user that make it viable in regular play. It’s much like how the Potato gives +5 Att and +5 Dex, as well as +5 Def and +5 Spd, which is what makes it at least okay to use; it gives more than just one thing that makes it well-rounded.

Gnarly Venom:
I did actually have people concerned about the Daze on the Poison on the thread for just the items before this, and it’s fine to think that. But do keep in mind that it’s only 1.2 Seconds in a quite low range; I would never make it excessive. Even 1.5 felt excessive to me.

Memento of the Plaguebearer:
I made the stats a little wacky in order to make the set feel like a, well… set. I have a bit of OCD and wanted to even things out a little, which is what I did here. It may not be final in the end, though, as some changes will likely happen before the final release.

Pterasitic Bow:
Horror Maw does have 4 shots, yes, but it would be a little complicated to do it like that due to the fact that the Horror Maw shots have 2 separate ranges. I kept it to 2 to keep it simplified.

Decaying Trap:
This one I can see. Honestly, it was even more powerful before, and I gave it a heavy nerf just to put it where it’s currently at, but if others have the same concern, I’ll definitely consider it.

Infected Leather Armor:
Yeah, I can see that. I may increase the Defense, Attack and Speed a little to make it more worthwhile.

Skull of Relentless Lust:
Actually, the “Heal” part is because I based it around the way that RealmEye shows stats, so it’s a little confusing. It’s 200 per target. And yeah, that may seem SEVERELY powerful, that just makes it a strong healing tool for less targets, since with even Low-Tier skulls if there’s a group, you can mass heal everyone, including yourself.

Seal of the Boastful:
Yeah, it is, and that’s the point of it a bit. The Buffs make you super stronk, while the debuffs are sort of there because it’s something from Pride. If you have too much pride, you’ll likely go “EH, I DON’T CARE ABOUT ALL THESE DEBUFFS” and go ham. High Risk, High Reward, and a great group buff.

Shield of Eternal Rage:
15 Defense isn’t too bad compared to the Shield of Ogmur’s 14 Defense and 60 Maximum HP. And honestly, the inspiration behind it was the Stone Knights from the Shatters.

Stolen Bag of Riches:
It’s not as powerful as you might think. It has a higher cost than a Tier 6 Poison, replacing the poison for shots that can deal more damage overall. However, that’s where it becomes a dicey choice: the shots. Poisons are able to hit a group of enemies in a circle that can be quite wide. This, however, relies on you being able to hit all the shots on the target that you want. As for the stat bonuses, this puts more focus on hitting harder than firing extremely fast, while also being fast. It’s sort of a big thing for being a thief, which is being more precise but still stealthy.

Overflow of Effects:
That’s something I can get. I did carefully add effects to things though, to make them feel like unique items and not just overpowered garbage from a Private Server. That’s why some have very strange quirks, like the Envious Spirit spiraling outwards or the Lantern of the Lost providing a massive HP buff but restricting a lot of offensive stats. I gave thought to all of it, especially when making nerfs before the actual post.

Good Shit:
Touche.

It actually only goes up to T8, but I actually wanted to give my own take on the sprites of Tier 7s due to the fact that there are already ones that have been around for so long. It’s a fresh take on them and that’s what I liked about doing mine.

The UTs are great, the bosses are great, the dungeon design is great, a definite 9/10 atleast. I really like the pathfinder skin, too.

@ everyone clamoring for the Chasm of Great Evil to attain best of the best status:

why?

there’s no information on the regular enemies whatsoever, and the bosses only have a couple sentences at best outlining a very general descriptor of the fight. I’m not saying this can’t become great, but right now it’s still very, very incomplete. I would say there’s actually only around 40% of a dungeon here. it just needs more content.

That’s why I was confused about it as well. It’s in Work in Progress for that specific reason. I’m only good with items or skins, I’m pretty terrible at enemies.

Still, since you’re around, it would be nice to get an opinion on what’s at least there, since you’re a critical person and harsher criticism helps more.

As for your disagreements with adding attack to the items, this can help nerf them, slightly lowering the base DPS of an item and then adding att to it to boost it back to what it was at previously can help add an extra penalty for getting weakened, the att bonus goes away lowering it’s dps by a bit more that it would have been if the att bonus were taken away and the base dps were raised.

too many new drops omg

just… stick with like 2-3 whites.
please.

I mean, it’s a big dungeon. That’s one of the reasons for how many there are.

By big, I don’t just mean that the map is expansive, but it’s also from there being 4 main bosses, 7 mini-bosses, and one “secret” boss. It’s a lot of stuff because it’s a lot of fighting.

Added it to the main post, but if you want to suggest changes to items, then do so here:

considering all you’ve really got is mr. guidance and the drops, there’s not much to critique. I will say that you’ve got 28 chasm-unique drops, 29 if you include the T7 abilities. that’s more drops than the shatters has total drops. I would remove all rings and armors entirely, as well as either the weapon or ability for the full sets. I would also take out the purity potion, and depending the difficulty of the actual dungeon when complete, the T7 abilities as well. most of the UT’s are just the bland armor piercing archetype, so most of the loot is pretty one-note.

I can see where you’re coming with that. I mainly have it so expansive due to the amount of major fights being expansive, at a total of 12 boss fights within one dungeon as well as one huge part of it that makes the entire dungeon one big experience. It’s a whole lot of items, yeah, but I tried to make sure that I put as much soul into them as possible.

The Armor Pierce part, yeah… I can see that part. I don’t think it’s used enough, and I might’ve gone overboard on it. I may remove it from the Shield, and the Wand is up for consideration, but I do intend on keeping it on the Katana and Dagger.

The Difficulty of the last fight will be severe, which is why I chose to include the Tier 7 abilities in it as well as a skin and the potion. The potion is intended to be quite rare, making it a luxury more than a common occurrence.

I will say, though, that I don’t agree with the one-note notion. The Dagger uses it as its main point in a way that separates it from Stinger, and the Katana is 2.95 range, making the Armor Pierce more motivation to use it for its super low range. The Wand doesn’t need it but it’s nice to have, and the Shield too. A lot of the other items aren’t Weapons, so their uses are different.

This dungeons idea is one of the most engaging things I have read in a while in terms of Rotmg, great concept. Reminds me of Binding of Isaac in a way.

The only real issue is the potential of it becoming another lost halls which takes time and can get boring. Plus there are way to many UT’s in this document even though they are very neat.

That Pathfinder Skin is one of the best sprites I have ever seen though! Would love it if it was implemented into the game.

Keep up the good work.