Chat Star filter unmute button

A whole mouthful of words that I slammed together, but it’s quite a simple idea:

When a Star filter is in effect for a player, when having “selected” a player that falls within that Star filter, they will be able to Unignore them.
Since Star filters function identical to simply ignoring every player within that range, it also functions identical to it: that player, who, despite having less Stars than required for you to see their chat due to your filter, will now be able to send you visible messages.

But why would this be useful?” Many of us with a Star filter use it to circumvent the spammers in the Nexus, or those who PM us; however, this negatively affects new players, as they may be looking for actual advice in the Realm - but to no avail, as all of the higher-star players simply can’t see their messages.
Having an option to see them, limited to a specific player, allows them to see if that level 12 Priest was begging for items, or desperately trying to know what that mysterious crimson dot on the minimap is.

Please do share your thoughts on this!

It would be useful indeed but to unmute that low star player you’d have to use the bottom right of the screen, they’d have no chat bubble or text to right click on. Honestly I would still just have star filter completely off and just manually ignore spam bots.

Still, not a bad idea. Would like to see it implemented :+1:

yes.

Im pretty sure that in the options is star chat filtr

wait? how do i know who to unmute? is there some extra design or is it manual?

the only reason for manual is if you like intro your friend into this game or something or meet some guy on the forums wanting to chat and such.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.