Chief Beisa and Agent of Oryx Items [Exalt Blog]

nobody knows

hopefully they change the system to allow for people to trade tokens in for any of the items they want (with different prices based on what type of item it is)

What I really meant was, has it happened in the past? If not I assume they will go for rings next and then maybe start making it possible to get any type of shard, or cycle back going weapon>armor>ability>ring once again

no, they havent re-released the weapons since the armours were released

They’ll probably add them back because it’s an entire set of weapons that are unobtainable but that could be a long time from now

What on earth is that sprite trying to resemble? All I see is completly random pixels.

Looks like hes wearing a golden heavy armor and a dark read cloak, holding a golden double-edged war axe in one hand and a buckler in the other.
Oh and hes floating

Get em Xaklor

What on earth is that sprite trying to resemble? All I see is completly random pixels.

Yeah it need some work it’s very ugly.

My impression from when the Oryx Shards were released was, yes, they wanted it to be a rotating (annual?) token. I’ll try to find a quote.

Edit: this is from the first mention, talks about the tokens rotating to be a full set of gear but doesn’t actually say outright they’ll revisit it. But they probably won’t reappear until we’ve seen Abilities and Accessory/Rings. Quote is from Oct 2019 so still on target for seeing all four slots (weapon/armour/ability/accessory) in a calendar year.

And then this from when the Doorwarden tokens were added (Jan 2020) calls them ‘seasonal’, which is where I think it’s safe to assume they’ll rotate back around after the other two types have been seen. Though the 3 months hasn’t happened, guess that’s another case of Deca’s timeline slippage like Xaklor talks about a few posts above:

He looks sorta like a hunter type person to me, with the axe and antlers

I genuinely never understand the fixation Deca has on deadlines for content.

It’s not like the world will end if the release of something is delayed. People aren’t going to get up and leave if there isn’t a new dungeon released on like, next Wednesday; these deadlines are all internal, as well, so it’s not like they’re missing promises to the general public. AFAIK no one other than testers/UGC even knew there was a deadline for Fungal Cavern/Crystal Cavern (whichever of the two it was, or both), it just became really apparent to everyone that there was a deadline from numerous tester statements and the lack of polish on the released dungeon and associated objects.

The rush to get things done is completely self-inflicted and if anything, I presume it would hurt what they’re doing more if a major bug slipped through testing, or if the new content isn’t fun due to how rushed it is design-wise, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to find this, you’re the best!

To shed some light and correct a few things here, Oryx 3 has been delayed, more than once in fact. We’ve worked to recognize when the intended pace of development doesn’t look like it’ll come through. If we stuck to initial deadlines as stubbornly as implied, Oryx’s Sanctuary would be released already. What you see is the result of multiple delays we felt were necessary to make a complete, polished release for one of the game’s most important content additions in a long time.

that’s good to hear as it is at least an improvement, but please understand there is still more improvement to be made for the future. O3’s release date isn’t the only self-imposed deadline in question here. the lack of beisa in the O3 PT session clearly shows room for further improvement in internal scheduling, and also adds to the image of PT as a showcase rather than a proper testing as not all the content was feature-complete and present to be tested in the first place. if doing 2 PT sessions was out of the question, then it would have been best to give the first PT session a similar leniency in timeline management until all the in-progress content was at least feature-complete.

to clarify, if a second PT session really is out of the question then just leave the course as-is, I’m not trying to demand O3 get pushed back even further if it’s not feasible. it’s just that learning from mistakes isn’t so straightforward if they’re not getting pointed out.

@Triforcej When I initially made the sprite I did base it on Refraction. Aurum later re-sprited it, keeping the general shape but making it a bit nicer nonetheless.
(I tried to find one of the old sprites, but couldn’t >_<)

I made a thread on what could be improved about Crystal Entity to rectify its’ rushed aspects and bring the boss to full potential and difficulty consistency if you’re interested.

Crystal cave is old news and I don’t think they’ll be revisiting it anytime soon.

See my previous post:

However past history has shown that Deca looks at a single issue, drops a massive nuke, and moves onto a different issue. Kiddforce was pretty clear that they will not be revisiting Halls anytime soon. It’s not that Deca never makes modifications (because they do). It’s that they don’t commit to long term monitoring (maybe this is because they are short staffed). They dropped the massive nuke that was Halls 2.0 and I am confident that they have no plans to adjust it any more.

I’d like to know what you mean by “massive nuke”, are you implying that their changes are too drastic, and negative? That they don’t do smaller changes? Would you consider the Cemetery rework a nuke? What about the dungeon polish patch?

Well take the bard for instance. They looked at the PT, made a big sweeping change, and have moved onto other issues.

If you look at a game like Smash, the characters go through countless buffs, nerfs, and other changes.

It’s somewhat an unfair comparison due to the size of Nintendo of course, but the point still stands.

A proper way to do things would be to release the content, test it out for a few weeks, and make changes.

All they did was replace energized with a self buff, which was quite clearly the right thing to do from a balance standpoint since that buff would add even more overpoweredness to ability spam.

The smash comparison also doesn’t work very well as Smash is a fighting game with tournaments, and also alot more complex to balance than RotMG.

But i do wish they did smaller but more frequent patches.

Hmmmmmm

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.