Clairvoyant 2.0 (Now with ST's)

A while ago, I came up with the idea of a wand class called the Clairvoyant. At the time I didn’t have a good grasp on how I wanted it to work, but I’ve got it much more fleshed out now, as well as some new ideas.
Here’s what the base class skin would look like, in motion:
New%20Piskel
Weapon: Wand, Armor: Robe, Ability: Third Eye

Maximum Base Stats:
670 HP, 385 MP, 50 Attack, 25 Defense, 60 Speed, 65 Dexterity, 50 Vitality, 60 Wisdom
Average at 20:
590 HP, 290 MP, 40 Attack, 0 Defense, 35 Speed, 40 Dexterity, 35 Vitality, 35 Wisdom
Starting Stats:
100 HP, 100 MP, 10 Attack, 0 Defense, 10 Speed, 20 Dexterity, 10 Vitality, 15 Wisdom

Third Eye Ability
Behavior: Using the ability spawns a set number of circular projectiles around your mouse, the distance from the mouse is yet to be determined but most likely they’ll keep an average of 1-1.5 tiles away from your mouse. There is a half-second delay before the projectiles begin to move, and during that half-second they do no damage, but still follow the mouse. They spin in a clockwise rotation, and deal damage any time they pass through an enemy. The most accurate comparison would be the fractured gemstone wakizashi, which is nearly identical in how it spins and damages.

As you progress in tier, the eye opens more and more. The names are not set in stone.
T0: Blind Eye
New%20Piskel
A dull, dusty glass eyeball.
Hits multiple enemies, self-inflicted daze for 3 seconds
MP: 60 | Dmg: 70 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Projectiles: 2 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T1: Waking Eye
T1%20Glass%20Eye
An odd green eyeball. It appears to be sentient.
MP: 65 | Dmg: 100 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Spawn Count: 3 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T2: Questioning Eye
T2%20Glass%20Eye%20(1)
An odd turquoise eyeball. It seems to be studying you.
MP: 70 | Dmg: 130 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Spawn Count: 3 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T3: Suspecting Eye
T3%20Glass%20Eye
A strange eyeball carved out of sapphire. It knows something you don’t.
MP: 80 | Dmg: 160 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Spawn Count: 4 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T4: Wandering Eye
T4%20Glass%20Eye
An eyeball fashioned from amethyst. It’s watching everything you do.
MP: 90 | Dmg: 190 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Spawn Count: 4 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T5: Believing Eye
T5%20Glass%20Eye
An eyeball pulsing with psychic energy. It feels as if it belongs to you.
MP: 100 | Dmg: 220 | Lifetime: 5 seconds | Spawn Count: 5 | Cooldown: 3 seconds

T6: All-Seeing Eye
T6%20Glass%20Eye
A glass eyeball overflowing with power. It speaks to you.
MP: 120 | Dmg: 250 | Lifetime: 6 seconds | Spawn Count: 5 | Cooldown: 3 seconds
+2 ATT, +2 VIT

UT: Red World
UT%20Glass%20Eye%20-%20Red%20World%20(1)
Drops from: Rock Dragon, self-inflicted daze for 3 seconds
The bloodshot eye of an ancient dragon. It vibrates with rage.
Hits multiple enemies
MP: 150 | Dmg: 400 | Lifetime: 8 seconds | Spawn Count: 2 | Cooldown: 3 seconds
+7 ATT, -3 DEF

UT: Sugar Rush
UT%20Glass%20Eye%20-%20Sugar%20Rush%20(1)
Drops From: Spoiled Creampuff
Sugar is bad for you.
Hits multiple enemies, ignores enemy def, self-inflicted daze for 3 seconds
MP: 110 | Dmg: 75 | Lifetime: 10 seconds | Spawn Count: 15 | Cooldown: 6 seconds
+5 WIS, +3 DEX, -3 SPD, -5 VIT

UT: Grudging Gaze
New%20Piskel
The eye of a creature from deep within the filth. It fills you with disdain.
Hits multiple enemies, Slows enemy for 0.5 seconds, self-inflicted daze for 3 seconds
MP: 110 | Dmg: 275 | Lifetime: 6 seconds | Spawn Count: 4 | Cooldown: 3 seconds
+2 Spd, +2 Att

ST Set: Glass Rose

Wand: Rod of the Bloom
Shots: 1 | Damage: 70-90 | RoF: 150% | Range: 8.2 | Projectile Speed: 18 Tiles/Second
A trail of petals, leading her to a wand of crystals fashioned like a rose.
+4 DEX

Ability: Glassy Eye
A distant gaze that pays her no mind as she passes by, as if she’s not there.
Hits multiple enemies
MP: 200 | Dmg: 800 | Lifetime: 3 seconds | Spawn Count: 1 | Cooldown: 5 seconds
+4 DEF +3 SPD

Robe: Garden’s Finery
A gown, fit just for her, made by the flowers themselves.
+11 DEF, +5 WIS +7 SPD

Ring: Cracked Floral Ring
And a ring, missing a piece just like she was.
+60 HP, +40 MP, +6 DEX

2nd Piece Bonus: +5 WIS, +4 DEF
3rd Piece Bonus: +30 MP, +5 ATT, +2 DEF
4th Piece Bonus: +20 HP, +50 MP, +6 SPD, +6 DEX
Subtotal of Bonuses: +20 HP, +80 MP, +5 ATT, +6 DEF, +10 SPD, +10 DEX, +5 WIS
Overall Stat Bonus: Wearing the entire Glass Rose set will grant in total:
+80 HP, +120 MP, +5 ATT, +20 DEF, +20 SPD, +20 DEX, +10 WIS

Changelog for current thread:
~ @Orsome, and @Playcool pointed out this works much more like the crystal waki than the bulwark, which I overlooked since I haven’t gotten a crystal waki yet and seen what it does, that comparison’s been changed.
~ @Orsome pointed out another thing I’d overlooked. I wanted self-daze to be a sort of balance for the DPS the eye would provide, while not actually giving the eye enough damage to compete with the DPS of most wands a player would get around the same tier. The damage has been buffed heavily on all eyes.

Changes from the original design:_
~ Eyes are now “Third Eyes” rather than “Glass Eyes”
~ Eyes no longer have a DoT effect and instead have a set amount of damage for each projectile
~ Eyes have drastically less projectile spawns and reduced durations
~ Tile range removed from eyes, as it was increasing with each individual tier
~ MP Cost slightly reduced for T4-T6
~ ST set added
~ Stat bonuses to UT eyes balanced a bit better
~ Sugar Rush no longer grants berserk, but instead ignores def

Note: This is still not totally finished. I highly welcome and encourage feedback on this, especially in the stats areas, and on the ST’s stats, as they were the hardest part of this.

Link to the original Clairvoyant thread
Special thanks to EpicNecros, Flashmag, and JohnMH from the original thread for helping me develop the idea when I first made it, wouldn’t have it nearly as fleshed out without them!

That’s not how bulwark works though.

The individual shots can only apply damage to an enemy once, then it doesn’t harm that enemy again. This applies for all piercing weapons.

As a result, I feel the damage is pitiful on the abilities especially since the user is dazed when using it. Not to mention, the more projectiles there are then the more effective enemy defense is, so with 35 damage on the t0 and only 75 on the t6 you’d do awful damage against anything with average defense. That’s without mentioning the cool down and high MP cost either. And again, the user being dazed means you’ll have less dps than you would normally with a weapon.

I don’t feel like Bulwark is most accurate description too… I feel like this is more like fractured-gemstone-wakizashi -which rotates in counter-clockwise (https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/fractured-gemstone-wakizashi).

I love the concept. However, I think that the daze hinders the already poor dps from his stats, and would not choose this class over the wizard for dps + spam; I think that with no daze it would be a very good alternative to the wizard. There is already an ability CD so I don’t think that it would be OP to remove the daze.

Additionally, you are missing out on an avatar eye UT - it fits the theme almost like it was made for it :grin:

Honestly one of the best class ideas I’ve ever seen. I’d be interested to see how the damage compares to say wizard. I’ll run some calculations tonight and post them, but altogether seems like it would be a very fun class to play

I don’t really know how to use a DPS calculator, so if you do end up doing this I’d love to see your results. It would help me balance out the damage even more.

Originally I added Daze because I thought multiple orbs hitting for high damage every time they hit would be too strong also paired with the damage from a weapon. But I might remove Daze after seeing some DPS calculations that Obsession might be running.

literally shrek lmfao

lmfao

wait do these eyes shot projectiles or deal contact damage? description says that they deal contact damage but t2 and uts have some sprites resembling projectiles next to them

gonna leave this here since the person above bumped already.

i think this one(t3) would look better if inverted (up to down, i think you get me)

best one imo, excepting the projectile too

Those are good considering that you’re a bit new to spriting (idk).

all others are bad to me, they would look better if you add eyelids to them (unless they already have and im not seeing them) if that’s the case, then add more contrast between eyelids, if not then do that too.

idk what i think about the st set its just bad to me, so not gonna say anything about it

should drop from gulpord

Aparently, OP forgot to add that it does, but the clairvoyant 1.0 it says so

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.