[Class Idea] Ronin - The Binding Katana

Well, I imagine they would be sucked to both at the same time. If multiple Ronin’s managed to stack their Binders in one tile, I imagine it could stop an Abyss Brute because it would be sucked to the same tile double the drag speed.
If:

(Binder) <---- (enemy)----> (Binder)
They would be stuck in the middle.

If:

(Binder)…(Binder)
…^
…|
…|
…(Enemy)

The enemy would effectively be sucked to the middle[quote=“Werbenja, post:10, topic:9854”]
Having multiple binders could also introduce a lot of lag.
[/quote]

AH. That. I might have to delete the particles part, then… I imagined it would be a lot like a Void Blade’s projectile. I should mention that.

Deca, pls yes

Mulan feminism st skin confirmed?

…Bind, Ctrap, Dbow. Could that be too OP?

I was going for that Graceful but Deadly kind of lady. But sure, a skin sounds nice!

IGG made Castle Clash (mobile game) and theres a Hero that is a “ninja” and he’s called Ronin

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for pointing me to this game, though! Hmm… looks like a Clash of Clans kind of thing. I think Ronin should be fine as it’s some sort of a master-less samurai. Imagine a knight that serves no king, I guess.

Ronin normal :

Ronin Evolved :
Looks like a samurai :confused:

Man, I always wonder how they can make such great art works…

Anyways, this is the Ronin I was referring to:

Changed the UT Sprites. I need more input on the ability though. Any veterans who could point me towards the problems it might have?

Alright, if I may have a piece of the veterans’ wisdoms, please do give me, @Atrapper, @IVector, @Cenamuch, and @IBurnYou.
Honorable mentions goes to @Xaklor who has already expressed that if he’s not interested, he say anything and @Scorchmist who has given me some insight on how to explain the ability better.

The ability seems kind of complex. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn’t exactly fit with other abilities in the game.

That said, it’s a really unique ability and I would love to play this class if it were in the game.

For the sprites, the animation looks kind of weird. Why not just use a normal Ninja-like attack animation? Again, I like the sprite, but it just seems a bit off. The scrolls look fine, though.

I know I’m nit-picking at this point, but isn’t Daichi one singular name, rather than 2 names consecutive ones?

Overall, it’s a creative idea, and with some work, this could be very good.

5/10.

Thanks for mentioning me! I’m on phone rn so maybe later. But I look forward to this idea.

and. you. mentioned. me. anyway.

smh

you know that gives people notifications, right?

Is that the full name of the class? Because you can’t have Archer, Ninja, Wizard, Knight, and then “Ronin, the Binding Katana”. But I guess “Ronin” will be the name of this class then. Just FYI, a Ronin is basically a samurai without a lord, so this is similar to another Samurai idea. But I guess since you used another name for it it’s fine.

Alright. Why huntress though?

Oh wow! I like that! However, I feel like it’s pretty different from what a Samurai (or Ronin, whatever) would look like, this seems more like a skin of a huntress. Also, the original skin of the class should be pretty plain, while this looks more like a skin since it’s a bit more complicated. Try to make this sprite in RotMG Draw, it will look better that way.

Cool! What is the explanation for each stat? What’s with the low wisdom? Samurai’s (or Ronins) are trained in both combat and literature and education, so the wisdom should be higher.

So the ability is a single void blade-like shot?

I don’t know, seems like quite a bit.[quote=“BaraBlazer, post:1, topic:9854”]
Any enemies that are in its range will be dragged towards the tile that it has spawned on at a speed of X tiles per second. The duration is 3 seconds. After 3 seconds have elapsed, an AoE for Y damage, similar to that of a Huntress’ with white particles and a 3 tile range which spawns from the projectile.
[/quote]

So the ability is a void blade that turns into a huge trap after 10 seconds? I don’t know, a huge group of Ronins with divine pets might crash the game entirely.

I like the sprite formats and the name of the scrolls.

The MP Cost is less??? As the tier goes up, the MP cost should go up or stay the same. Either make the damage higher or make it like a Doom Circle, the only benefit is the wisdom and vitality bonus.

I can tell a lot of effort was put into this. The sprites and basic idea are great, and I really enjoyed this. Besides some smaller mistakes, the biggest problem with this idea is trolling. As most have noticed, the game has a lot of trollers of toxic players, and a Ronin can just bind enemies toward other players and kill them. I mean, you can get a group of Ronins and just drag all the enemies around and kill a bunch of players. So yeah, think of that and fix it somehow, but a :candy: will be given to you!

Ah, my bad. I won’t do that again.[quote=“Cenamuch, post:26, topic:9854”]
Alright. Why huntress though?
[/quote]

I thought the bind effect is similar to a huntress’ trap. With slow and a certain radius around it.[quote=“Cenamuch, post:26, topic:9854”]
Oh wow! I like that! However, I feel like it’s pretty different from what a Samurai (or Ronin, whatever) would look like, this seems more like a skin of a huntress. Also, the original skin of the class should be pretty plain, while this looks more like a skin since it’s a bit more complicated. Try to make this sprite in RotMG Draw, it will look better that way.
[/quote]

Alright. Considering Atrapper also mentioned the sprites’ animations problem, I think I’ll make a normal skin, and turn this into a special skin. Probably drops in the Mt. Temple. I’m working on it in RotMG draw right now.

Edit: I can’t save there. Dammit… I’ll think of another way.

Edit: The rotmg draw tool doesn’t give options to draw for sides or back, doesn’t it? I’ll have to make do…

Well, my explanation for the stats were above the table, under the sprite. I’ll move it to under the table. As to lore-wise… Yeah, it doesn’t make sense, but a Sorcerer has 70 vit and a ninja has 40 vit. I’d figure a ninja would be more fit tha a Sorcerer, y’know? The original intention was to limit skill usage something like how a knight has 50 wis. I may have to buff it, since I just realized that even a knight has 50 wis.[quote=“Cenamuch, post:26, topic:9854”]
So the ability is a void blade that turns into a huge trap after 10 seconds? I don’t know, a huge group of Ronins with divine pets might crash the game entirely.
[/quote]

The 10 seconds limit were like a trap’s duration limit. As we know, traps have 2 triggers; When the allotted time has passed (20 seconds), or when an enemy steps into it’s trigger range.
In this case, I tried to make it similar to a ninja’s skill in that there are 2 parts; the key press, and the key release.
Upon press, it is spawned and your mp is drained, but it doesn’t drain it continuously. Upon key release (or 10 seconds in case you never found that perfect timing), it activates into the “dragging” phase. If there is no unactivated Binder when the key is released, It won’t do anything. I’ll try to illustrate this point better…[quote=“Cenamuch, post:26, topic:9854”]
The MP Cost is less??? As the tier goes up, the MP cost should go up or stay the same. Either make the damage higher or make it like a Doom Circle, the only benefit is the wisdom and vitality bonus.
[/quote]

Dammit, that’s my mistyping mistake. Thanks for pointing that out![quote=“Cenamuch, post:26, topic:9854”]
As most have noticed, the game has a lot of trollers of toxic players, and a Ronin can just bind enemies toward other players and kill them. I mean, you can get a group of Ronins and just drag all the enemies around and kill a bunch of players. So yeah, think of that and fix it somehow, but a :candy: will be given to you!
[/quote]

Thanks! I’m trying to think of some way to reduce trolling as it is inherently an ability that can easily be used to troll, like a mystic’s stasis, only a mystic’s stasis is stalling at worst, and not too detrimental.

Thanks for the in-depth review!

…but no like. I’m quitting the forums now.

Monk's Sake (Consumable)

Aww, I’ll miss you. I’ll always remember you as the official candy giver :blush:.

Also, I added a new sprite, and fixed some text inconsistencies, like math problems in the stats and the T6 mp cost.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.