[Class Idea] The Medium

Hello Everyone, this my idea for a Medium class that I posted on Reddit a loooong time ago. I decided to refine it and repost it here to see what people think of it.

Weapon: Wand
Armor: Robe
Ability: Charm
The Medium uses Charms to create ghost from the enemies that die nearby them, and then use their ability button to blow them up. The Ghosts created by equipping a Charm and having an enemy die in the designated range of you, they are stationary and disappear after 15 seconds if they are not detonated. The amount of MP used to detonate your Ghosts increases with the amount of ghost you blow up. The tiered Charms create Ghosts which explode into 4 projectiles which travel 5.5 tiles and deal increasing amounts of damage the higher tier Charm. The amount of ghosts summoned and the range that minion must die in increases as the tiers increase as well.

The Medium would most likely have the following stats at max: 670 HP, 252 MP, 75 Atk, 25 Def, 60 Spd, 50 Dex, 40 Vit, 75 Wis
These numbers are NOT set in stone, and I am very open to changes to the Medium max stats

Here are the Tiered and UT Charms:

T0 - Toadstool Charm
A basic charm using mushroom powder, it’s wearer sees blurry visions of the deceased.
MP Cost: 20/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 4 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 1 ghost can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 50 damage each.

T1 - Mandrake Charm
A charm composed of various herbs and mandrake root sap, it’s wearer hears the cries of lost lovers.
MP Cost: 25/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 5.5 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 2 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 60 damage each.

On Equip:
+1 Wis

T2 - Bat Wing Charm
A twisted charm containing the tip of a bat’s wing, it’s wearer attracts the spirits of killers and thieves.
MP Cost: 30/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 6 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 3 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 70 damage each.

On Equip:
+2 Wis

T3 - Silverleaf Charm
A charm filled to the brim with sacred willow leaves, it’s wearer grounds the spirits of those who died alone.
MP Cost: 35/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 7 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 4 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 80 damage each.

On Equip:
+3 Wis

T4 - Moontear Charm
A charm soaked with lunar energy, it’s wearer can influence even the purist of spirits.
MP Cost: 40/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 8 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 5 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 90 damage each.

On Equip:
+4 Wis

T5 - Harvest Charm
A seemingly simple charm filled with autumn leaves, it’s wearer can control potent deities of the harvest season.
MP Cost: 45/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 8.5 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 6 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 100 damage each.

On Equip:
+5 Wis

T6 - Heartstring Charm
A complex array of pulsating heartstrings compose this powerful charm, it’s wearer is capable melding their mind with malicious spiritual beings.
MP Cost: 45/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 9 tiles dies, a ghost spawns in its place. Up to 6 ghosts can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your ghosts explode into 4 shots with 5.5 range, dealing 110 damage each.

On Equip:
+7 Wis
+2 Vit

UT - Deathpyr Charm (Drops from Septavious the Ghost God)
A small black bag filled with blackened bone shards and lily of the valley, it is said to have been hexed an ancient hellwalker.
MP Cost: 90/per ghost

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 12 tiles dies, a demonic spirit spawns in its place. Up to 1 ghost can be spawned at a time. Ghosts disappear after 25 seconds.

• All your spirits explode into 6 shots with 8.5 range, dealing 300 damage each and passing through multiple targets.

On Equip:
+3 Atk
+3 Vit

UT - Arachnium Charm (Drops from Arachna the Spider Queen)
A bulbous charm filled with fangs and ancient web, it is capable of producing an infinite amount of spiders.
MP Cost: 35/per spider

• Passive: Whenever a enemy within 5 tiles dies, a spider spawns in its place. Up to 5 spiders can be spawned at a time. Spiders disappear after 15 seconds.

• All your spiders explode into 3 shots with 4.5 range in a tight spread toward the nearest enemy, dealing 40 damage each and slowing enemies for 1 second.

On Equip:
+2 Spd

What do you all think about this class idea? Do you like the UTs, or should they be changed? I know it probably isn’t at all balanced, but I think I hope I got the idea across.

I prefer the large.

Interesting idea, however I see a few flaws in the usage of the ability, but here are my suggestions.

-Increase MP so it matches with the Priest and Sorc, this is a robe class, which should be partially/mostly relying on MP.

-Lower Attack down to 60

-Make amount of projectiles increase with the tier

-Increase time it takes for ghosts to disappear

-I recommend refining its ability as some ghost locations may end up being inconvenient to the player and make the class itself inefficient as most of the bullets might not land.

-Possibly ignore my last two suggestions and instead allow the Medium to gather the ghosts and make them circle around them, aka the ghosts don’t despawn until the Medium enters a portal, nexuses, or uses their ability. This would make the ghosts a lot better as instead of being placed randomly they could circle the Medium allowing them to use the ghosts defensively to save themselves, or maybe clear crowds surrounding them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.