Daily Quest Rework

Refresh:
The current daily quest system allows players to login once a day to claim free prizes that may not have been obtainable otherwise, especially in the case for a f2p player. Logging in daily for free stuff can help give players an incentive to keep playing the game. However, there is no breathing room for these prizes. This rewards dedicated players, but missing a daily login, no matter the reason, will limit what a player can obtain, and the best prizes are near the end of the month (usually).

Rework Proposal:
This system can be further expanded to give players a greater incentive to play the game and provide players with breathing room when it comes to missing days. In addition, the cumulative rewards in a given month can remain unchanged.

This can be done by:
Reducing the number of daily quests in a month by seven days,
implementing a complementary system such as a “Daily Quest Streak” that rewards players for logging in more than one day in a row,
and requiring that players complete one (literal) quest to qualify for these rewards.

In contrast to the current system where you login-claim-logoff, a player would have to go out of their way to complete one dungeon, event, or realm quest which could take anywhere between one to five extra minutes.

However, a player can also earn two rewards per day on days 2 through 8 if they don’t miss a day. If the player does miss a day, then they can try to redeem their 8 day streak as long as there are 8 days remaining in the month.

A side-effect of this system would be players spending a minimum of 20 minutes to two hours actually playing the game (in realm or dungeons) during a month. It wouldn’t drastically affect the population, but it can make players play the game more than they originally planned to, such as in the following example:

If I want to do one quest, claim my daily rewards, then hop off I might see that there’s an event boss such as a hermit, do that, pick up loot(?), go in the ocean trench, kill boss, pick up loot(?), go back to realm, teleport to godlands/event boss, pick up loot(?), go in the next dungeon, and- oh christ I’m playing the game.

That’s probably not exactly accurate lol, but you may see where I’m headed with this.
It definitely is a sort of psychological influence though. It’s like when you say “I’ll work out for 5 minutes, then move on”, but instead you end up working out for 15 minutes or more.
It’s easier to keep going once you start, and you’re more likely to start if you expect it to be easy or short. It’s basically like tricking your brain into doing what you want, which is especially useful for lazy people like me.

Anyway, I doubt it would work exactly as I suggest, but in the end it would be nice to simply have some breathing room when it comes to dailies and (possibly) have players spending more time playing the game as a bonus.

Good concept for allowing breathing room while also raising the floor in terms of activity. Though, I’d make the quest something easy like slaying a Hero of Oryx. (something you can do no matter how weak your character is)

Heroes of Oryx are realm quests too :v

Anything that has that red quest marker arrow should grant a quest completion for character stats, which would also apply for this concept. If not, then that would be a fault with the current quest system and is probably a bug that needs fixing.

They did that, just confused people :v

Yes I read the post, i understand this would be different. Just sayin’

I did not realize they used the login streak before :sweat_smile:
I’m not sure what made it confusing, but perhaps with a good UI it would be clearer.

Thanks for letting me know though c:

The weekly login streak was around for the very first month of the calendar system (albeit very conservative). I guess Deca thought it was redundant to, for example, add a clover as a streak reward when they could double up on clovers in the monthly calendar.

It would be interesting to see rewards exclusive to weekly streaks, however.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.