DECA Art Contest (May 24 to June 9)

imgur? i think you can create one for management, but can use it as guest too

Ok thanks.

does this mean that we cant make a mini boss sprite (for instance my mini forgotten king skin).

well they say this

DECA Art Contest Info Sub-Post

ok ty (im assuming that it wud be ok then)

They remembered us!

On a more serious note, if anyone wants to post your submissions here please put them in the #community-hub:art category. Add “(DECA Art Contest)” to the end of your title so we can find them easily.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Edit: go here to view all the submissions posted to RealmEye.

My Entry for the Deca Art Contest of May 2017

Hey, um, the comments on the original post for the DECA Art Contest are turned off, so I just wanted to make a second thread cause I have a bunch of questions and stuff.

This thread is in no way anything remotely official.

• When making the 8x8 skins, do we have to do them from all angles with both normal and attacking sprites?

• On the object and enemy, should we sprite it from multiple angles?

• If we are posting the images via igmur, are we supposed to have an igmur account as well as a reddit?

Also, another huge reason I made this thread is I was hoping you spriters out there could post your submissions on this thread as well, because, using Google Forms means that only DECA gets to see your entries and I just want to know what I’m up against. Thanks guys and good luck! :slight_smile:

Mod edit: comments are working. Merged thread back into the main one. -Doc

Here are my rough drafts for the contest I did on my phone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You know how they have the Giant Crabs on the beaches and deserts? Well I figured they needed minions like all the other lowland quests, so tada… Small Crabs!

Yes, and you have to do moving sprites too.

Here’s the full spritesheet for the Geb Priest skin, for example:

No.[quote=“WinkofTime, post:1, topic:10396”]
If we are posting the images via igmur, are we supposed to have an igmur account as well as a reddit?
[/quote]

No.

So when the 8x8 moves, it is allowed to “exit” the 8x8 box, right?

Side attack only. Look man!

Do you have to make walking and attacking sprites for the monster?

Yes.

Is there a chance to get critics on our progress? or everybody on its own

D’you think there would be more than one winner?

Hey, when will the results be announced?

edit: Also, do we have the list of potential rewards somewhere? A list of purchasable skins?

[quote=“BaraBlazer, post:20, topic:10378”]
edit: Also, do we have the list of potential rewards somewhere? A list of purchasable skins?
[/quote]

This may interest you.

Quick bump as a reminder that THE CONTEST ENDS TODAY!

Get your submissions in quickly! Follow the instructions from Deca: you have to submit it to the website they setup for this. If you only post it on the forum then Deca won’t see it!

Go here to check out all the contest art people posted on the forum.

Is there any detail about when the winners will be announced?

Same…We have waited long enough…

please deca I spent so much time and effort into my skins and all I want for christmas and my birthday is a small donation of pingu knight skin plox deca it would make my day and I would be so happy please and thank you for giving me fre itenz