Dire Straits

Beginning now, I’m starting up a dungeon based on the greek legend of Odysseus. In the legend, he washes onto a stretch of granite between two hideous creatures, Charybdis and Scylla.

In this dungeon I’d like to force a decision for players between going down two paths and fighting one or the other boss only. Some loot sprites are below.

Historic legends speak of a horrifying island past the realm’s island barriers. A gaping maw embedded into the waves, and a dolomite cliff inhabited by a monstrous multi-headed creature.

As the tale goes, Oryx enlisted Dreadstump’s assistance in seeking out these creatures long ago, but the contingent was never heard from again. Like as not, the creatures spelled a quick death for the unlucky group.

The way has been opened. Can a tale prove fatal?

Here’s a few sprites I’ve worked out so far. Don’t want it to be too similar to a crusade or ddocks minions, but I want to have them be kind of the undead version of the oryx/dreadstump crew.
Oryx Contingent Grunt:
OryxContingentGrunt

Oryx Contingent Captain:
OryxContingentCaptain
Scylla is going to likely have a single head emerging from the floor or cave or whatever, and then more heads that you have to kill in order to damage the main head. Would like to focus on environmental hazards on the path to Scylla than monsters that you have to kill.

Charybdis is going to be a mix of crystal worm mother and hermit god. Don’t have a very good way to describe it. Will be defended by the drowned Oryx Contingent.

Hope to be able to expand this well. I’d appreciate some thoughts if you have any.

Oh, and before I forget, here are some loot sprites. (nothing is finalized here)
Set

UT - Champions Helm (4s Inspire, Berserk, 2s Speedy - cooldown .5s 100mp) 1%

UT - Engraved Breastplate (22def, -5spd, +4att, +20hp) 1%

UT - Contingent Battleaxe (Damage 450 - 550, r8ofFire 60%, range 2.5 tiles) .5%

UT - Overgrown Talisman (+20 HP, +80 MP, +10 SPD, -4 DEF)

output_1iiK5x accidentally animated it backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like the idea of making more dungeons based on mythology. It augments the portions of rotmg that have existed from early on (medusa, stheno, cyclops gods, etc).
It sounds like you’re excited about your idea as well. I can’t wait to see what you do with it as you move forward.

absolutely. I was thinking the labyrinth and minotaur would also work, but the minotaur is already a midlands enemy. who knows? Greek/Roman/Medieval/Arabian/etc lore is vast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.