Disappointed in some MotMG events

• The Woodland Labyrinth gave me 10 leaf bows, some skins, moss and sb pots. I did 40 - 50.
  • The Shaitan event seemed to give out lots moss / stones and sb pots but no white bags and I did a 40 - 50.
  • The Shatters event gave me no more than what I would get in a non event shatters, which is to say 0. I did get a few moss though. I did about 20.
  • The Haunted Cemetery event gave 1 Resu, some skins, sb pots and moss / stones. I did about 30 - 40.
  • The Puppet Masters Encore gave no white bags, some moss and sb pots. I did about 30.
  • The Deadwater Docks gave 9 cutlasses, some skins, some moss / stones and sb pots. I did about 50.
  • The Tomb of the Ancients gave me 1 Pyra (first tomb, early first day), 5 Sphinx rings, baby blue drake, 2 life, moss/stone and sb pots. I did so far about 60. The tomb event is the worst event yet. I will keep the rest of my Tomb keys for after the event. As far as I can see I am wasting my keys every time I use one.

MotMG 2018 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

I completely agree, I’ve gotten 2 shaitan wakis with 200+
Shatters, gave me nothing after 300+,
Cem, 1 plague after another 150 or so,
Encore, I can’t complain I got what I wanted. \o/
Ddocks, did 50ish aswell, got 1 cutlass.
I didn’t participate in Tomb.

But what has me most annoyed to the point of considering taking a long break, is the 2x event whites. People in my guild have gotten seven, event whites, I’ve gotten 2 QoTs, the only ones I have. I’ve put in 26 hours into this 2x event so far. The more I try, the less I get. I can’t stand it.
While other people (plural) in my guild have gotten a jugg, oreo and cloak of bloody surprise in a day. I’ve never felt so helpless and up to fate in this game before.
(Disclaimer, everyone mentioned above I am not mad at)

agreed, i’ve seen so many light blue and blue stars with event whites but shitty gear like they did one hermit and got a jugg. meanwhile i’ve put in 16 hours at the minimum and only got a ray katana

Bad luck isn’t exclusive to motmg.

I hate these events…

Thats interesting because the wlab event didnt drop moss

You are probably right. Can’t remember if I got moss there for sure. I got moss at about 60% of the chests so I just included woodland in that number

On the other hand, I was treated rather well from the MOTMG events so far.
From the Shaitans, i got 8 skulls and 2 wakis
From Shatters, I went 5/1/1
From Cems, I got 1 resu 1 plague
From Encores, I got 1 tshot 1 prism
From DDocks, I got 12 cutlasses
and I haven’t done the tomb event.
I supposed it’s just a matter of how hard you grind, and whether or not you get lucky.

The shatters event was the worse. I did 84 of them.

0 whites.

And I received full soul bound on nearly everything and 100% on every chest.

Broken.

rip me only 7 cutlasses :^)

I got both shaitans whites in 50 shaitans along with an orange drake pet.

I was relatively lucky with the shatters event. 1 crown and an st spell in 5 shatters (I didn’t have the time to do more)

I barely farmed the cem event as I got what I wanted: the green drake pet stone

I also got all i wanted for the encore event: tshot

I’d say the ddocks event was the best. I got a ton of skins and who knows how many cutlasses. I’ve stopped picking them up.

The tomb event is kinda bad imo. Ddocks drop rates for a dungeon that takes ten times as long to do (if your group is fast). Either way, I’ve done around 10 tombs and I’d say that I was quite lucky, as I got the solar owl pet stone and all four UTs.

I wish they added backpacks to the chests. I’ve run out.

I thought the MOTMG calendar would be more rewarding but it seems to be less than the regular calendars. I think having keys is useful but it just gives us some crappy ones that people troll pop in chains

I feel as if all the events have the exact same drop rate for everything, and by that I mean that a 1 minute Ddocks has the same white drop rate as a >10 Minute tomb which doesn’t feel right at all. Obviously I could be wrong but from what I’ve seen It shows to be like this. I have played quite a lot during this Motmg and seeing as everyone else is listing what they’ve got I guess I will too.

Shaitans - 2 Waki’s and 1 Skull. <200 done (+ A few skins)
Shatters- 1/0/1 From respective bosses. 30~ Done (Nothing but a beach ball)
Cem - 1 Resu. Unsure of exact amount. (A few skins and a beach ball.)
Encore - 2 Tshots. Maybe like 50~100 done? (A coupe of skins and a beach ball)
Ddocks - 15 Cutlasses. Did A LOT for this, best event so far I’d say. (3 Beach balls, Tons of skins, 2 vault slots and pretty much got the entire drop table)
Tomb - A Pyra from the chest and a Bes artifact from Bes. 7 Tombs done. No skins but a beach ball, I doubt I will spend much time on this event and the next one (I think reef?) because of the 2x weekend. Speaking of, Up until now I’ve got 2 Oreos and 2 Qots. Not the best but I’m not complaining.

TL;DR: I feel like all the chest events have the same drop rate which doesn’t feel right.

Edit: I Didn’t realise Lily also touched upon my point in her post earlier lol

I haven’t had much luck but I’m truly disappointed DECA has once again done something with event whites, and to a degree divine pet skins. Event whites are a rare drop that you’re supposed to grind for, but I’ve been seeing people spend a few hours and getting MULTIPLE rare items without any actual grind using discords. This is really gross because anyone who spent preMotMG grinding event whites got screwed out of time and effort.

Divine skins is a different issue, and completely wrong as now anyone can have a skin that was previously locked behind spending either gold, or massive amounts of fame on fusing for a certain skin. Yet, anyone who gets lucky gets it for free to use on a pet of ANY rarity.

All of these events disappoint me and I haven’t even been playing Realm…

I got too much from ddocks and shaits, an ok amount from tombs, and 0 from all else

The tomb event too long of a dungoen for just a mystery stat pot and moss.

Pub tombs drop nothing. So far I gained ~35 life, prot, and pyra but only from private guild ones.

Despite the fact that I have benefited from the double event white drops, its still kinda sad to see so many people running around with this kind of stuff. I wouldve like it better if they hadn’t of done it.

The Docks and the Tomb events were strange to see side by side.

Docks I had been running a lot of, as it is one of the last “fast” events where it can be turbo farmed with low effort/engagement.

Then Tomb started and I heard complains of “always getting nothing”, so I counted my loot from the first 35 I did (from nexus pops while waiting for the Docks).

• From 35 tombs: 23x nothing, 3x mpot, 5x mpot+moss, 3x moss, 1x stone

2/3 of the time to get nothing is very off-putting for a dungeon that’s a lot slower to run, when you have the alt option to do, what, 10-15+ Docks in the same time a single Tomb takes. Edit: reading other replies since I started typing this it looks like a few of us are on the same wavelength.

It is more the discrepancy between each chest event which makes Tomb look especially bad (poor choice of order for the events). Had Tomb occurred earlier in the month, or as the opening weekend event, it perhaps wouldn’t be getting such knocks, but we’ve been spoiled by the Shaitan/Encore/Docks events, all of which were very fast-paced to do, making them more worthwhile, especially if loot pot active is factored in.

Aside from that, it would have been better to make some events “clear all dungeon” just to change it up instead of what’s going to possibly be 10 copy/paste bonus chest events. Shatters especially benefits from a “clear all” event given how terrible the general Rotmg playerbase is at knowing how to succeed in the first stage.

Edit: I also think the choice of only uncommon/event dungeons isn’t the best, as it pretty much forces players into key opening situations to participate fully. MotMG 2017 had Puppet Theatre, UDL, Manor in the mix, which gave a good “event feel”, searching for them in realms, and then the weekend ones were the rarer dungeons. This year is entirely key-heavy/cash-grabby. (Ofc not saying you have to buy keys yourself, but a more interesting texture to the month would’ve been to alternate between godlands dungeons and event dungeons, not have them practically all be event dungeons).

Replies:

It’s the upside-down approach to take, thinking your loot is only valuable because few other people have it. Items are good or bad on their own merits. Because the entire loot system is RNG, beating up on people who somehow didn’t “deserve” their loot enough is only a path to eternal rage.

Something else cause-and-effect which I didn’t see enough people mention, is if you go from doing lets say 50x events per day on a normal day because you’re also doing dungeons etc. to now 250x events because you’re farming events all day. You’ve done a x5 to your own natural loot chances just by increasing the number you do, regardless of the change in drop rate.

But really, if anyone feels that they are being screwed out of their time and effort playing a pixel MMO they probably should just quit now and cut their losses, because that is all this entire game is!

Look at the glass being half-full. Anyone who got stuck with a sprite they dislike, or maybe they loved it 3 years ago when they spent that gold but have got bored seeing over time many other players with the exact same default divines. Now they have a way to switch it out for whatever they loot (or buy). Players can use random lower tier pets (I am tempted to have a Sprite Star again) so the more that pets are diluted by giveaways etc, the less likely overall you are see duplicates now there are like 400 pet skins or whatever and ever increasing. It’s really a positive thing for those who seek exclusivity on their pet if you think about it in those terms.