Do We Need an Oryx 3?

I think , oryx 3 need to be more harder than Void or with same dificult ( Like with some Shotguns , pillars or somthing ) with drop ( Maybe T7 Ability ?)

Oryx 2 doesn’t require too much skill, just high DPS and carefulness.
Oryx 1, for me is far harder to solo as it requires a lot of dodging skill, teamwork and has a lot of different phases which greatly affect the damage output of the players.

So an Oryx 1 upgraded to Oryx 3 would be preferred for myself.

dont forget the exppression!!

Yes, that’s my bad.

I personally think there should be a major rework done regarding Oryx. It seems like the Lost Halls is just a “buffed” version of Oryx’s castle - wading through a hoard of minions, fighting a first boss, having one player open the path to the harder, second boss, and then acquire more loot.

The status quo with the Lost Halls being more powerful than Oryx makes sense - lore-wise, at least. I personally think Oryx encounters should have the potential to be elevated to the level of a Lost Halls.

The idea I’m proposing might sound a bit absurd and could very well be impossible to implement. If Oryx and his minions had damage scaling (same idea as health scaling - more players, more damage) and loot table scaling (more players, better loot available) alongside with health scaling, then it could be possible to create an Oryx encounter for players of all skill levels. The most powerful version of this castle could be comparable to a Lost Halls pre-update, while the weakest version of the castle could be the current Oryx (without being subjected to HP scaling).

This sort of scaling across the board could allow massive realms to enjoy a very difficult Oryx encounter and get a chance at top-tier loot, but it would also make sure new players aren’t barred off of the iconic boss fight of the game.

Some sort of update to the Oryx encounter as a whole seems better to me than just adding a third Oryx. Assuming the game will keep adding item tiers and harder dungeons, we would eventually end up with a series of Oryx fights if Oryxes kept being added.

I’m ambivalent. There’s more than enough other design ideas that they can keep bringing in new things or at least finish the ones they’ve started (Mountain Temple was meant to be a “first wing” of something) without needing to revisit Oryx too much or focus on Oryx being (or not) the toughest boss in the game.

Although we did have a nice Oryx themed thing in MotMG '17. Could easily imagine that as an O3 fight. :smile:
Stone Oryx Spirit Oryx
(also… fighting back surpressed memory of EarthSmash and every realm abandoned on 4th phase…)
Event thread: Oryx Horde (Aug 1st to Sep 4th)
Wiki page: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/oryx-horde

TBH I’m okay with leaving O1/O2 as they are now, as the boss who you see 10+ times a day, and who new players have healthy massive fear of but can take as much time as they need to learn how to kill it (loads of maneouver space, predictable/learnable phases).

I maintain that buffable O2 would be more enjoyable than just HP-scaled O2. Though no denying that HP scale has worked wonders for letting O2 at least have some rage phase nearly every time. I’d prefer they do a mini evolution to O2 (like when O1 went from 3 phases to his current version) over designing a whole new O3.

One thing is I’d prefer that incs weren’t dropping at such the high rate that they are worthless to pick up and virtually every O1 goes to O2. Get the scarcity of O2 up a bit, I mean incs sell for 2 def or what at the moment?

Yeah, for the time being I’m fine with how things are. I’m saying though, down the road, if they really wanted to release something of a “final dungeon” for the game, they should make the boss an O3.

Completely agree here.

Rename Void to Oryx 3

Problem solved

If we were to make an Oryx 3, we should have a dps test after o2 dies, like the heroic observer in ddocks, but with a lot more dps needed to go and enter Oryx 3.

I feel like O3 should be a completely separate thing from O1 and O2.

Just imagine, you go to O1, kill him, realise there’s O2 “oh okay, guess I’ll do this too”, kill him and then there’s O3 after that too?

Just feels like it would be repetitive and somewhat stupid to me, idk.

Yeah, the O3 I propose would have his own separate dungeon. And I’d probably have it be the final dungeon; the endgame to end all endgames.

I think I’d rather keep void and o3 separate, as two mythicals entities

My ideal O3 would be when O2 dies, there is a small percentage that an O3 portal will drop, and O3 is still Oryx, but he goes on about how he conquered the void. He would have elements of both O1 and O2, like his own minions surrounding him, and the O1 phase attacks but piercing and stronger along with O2 weaken and silencing rings.

Imagine the void entity but with Oryx elements.

I made a thread regarding the status quo of Lost Sentries and Nests and how making these mandatory for closing fixes a lot of problems in the game.

One idea that emerged from the thread was making Lost Sentries and Nests optional but if you complete them before realm closes you can go to O3 after a WC.

I prefer making LS and Nests mandatory and adding O3 after WC with a new set of loot but eh… our player base has gotten good enough for it the only issue is the loot earned over the time spent, but if we add O3 with whites and more loot, players will definitely work together to defeat the events.

More explanation over the topic:

It maybe would be an appealing concept to have O3 as an alternate ending to a realm instead of O2.

Like if the group/realm can achieve some other goal before the realm closes, the possibility is unlocked for going O1->O3,(or O1b->O3) instead of it being plain linear O1->O2->O3.

Or is that just ripping off LH too much with its Void/Cult choice.

Or maybe Oryx 3 is a once per server restart kinda thing, appearing at random times but most likely to appear when many players are active. (Like during the afternoon in local time or something)

Well I’ve designed an Oryx sprite if you think it’s suitable:

Walk: image

Attack: image

I may make this into a separate Ideas:Dungeons Topic if anyone like the look of it, I’ve already thought out some of the mechanics and phases, just need approval to actually design something properly.

O3 needs to be a separate dungeon all together because it should be on a level similar to LH
Edit: The thing is that oryx is suppose to be the end game boss for everyone. But right now, O2 is merely a shadow of what it use to be and is only considered “hard” by lower level people. In order for everyone to consider him the final boss, he needs to be insanely difficult.

I’m going to make a new ideas:dungeons topic and make oryx his own final bossfight dungeon.

Kind of replicating the Oryx 1 battle in the way that players must work together and learn the phases whilst having their bilities disabled (quiet) amd weaker attacks (weak) and possibly a lot of the new status effect: Petrify as this will truly make an Oryx fight hard.

Well, its clear that story wise, the main antagonist is truly the void, and it inhabits all parts of the realm. What if after o2, there is a chance, just like thessal, that the void leaves oryx, and he asks for forgiveness, and if you choose to forgive him for his crimes, he will die, and leave a gift. However, if you don’t, the void will return, and make him this weird abomination that looks like a mix of the void entity and the oryx, and has extremely powerful attacks and he spawns corrupted bosses from the realm to help protect him.