Dungeon Idea- Olympus

Note: This is assuming you will be dropping two or more items for each boss.

Artemis is God of the hunt as well, why not give her a Trap? They can’t really share a bow, as they’re two different gods, so allow them to drop two different mid-tier bows that you can combine to make a ‘Bow of Twilight’.

Ares Boss should have high attack, and very sporadic phases, but low health (like the warrior itself). The Helm he drops should give both Damaging, Speedy, and Beserk to Self only, but should also give the user vulnerability (takes extra damage) and a high CD. The Sword should be something with short range, but a high projectile speed and damage (Above Acclaim, below A.S.S). The Sword should also come with a subtraction of Defense and/or Health, really bringing forth the whole glass-canon feel.

Poseidon is a bit confusing, while I agree that in theory, it should be a perfect match, as Wizards use the elements to their advantage as well, I have no idea how to implement a spell bomb for him in a way that makes sense. The trident being a staff is an excellent idea, however. I imagine it ignoring defence and hitting multiple targets, but having about as much damage as a t10 Staff. But I definitely think that the other item he should drop should be a spell of some sort.

Zeus’ Thunderbolt would have to literally be overpowered, as he is Zeus, king of the gods. I imagine that its weakness would be that it can only be used at a close range, with a cooldown that makes you unable to spam it. The other thing he should drop would be a ring, as in true ROTMG fashion, the big boss always drops a ring. It should be a jack of all trades, master of none, but providing enough decent stats so that you won’t feel bad about replacing your Deca with it.

Hera being the Goddess of Magic should drop a Robe and a magical weapon, as she is the Goddess of Magic, I think that the weapon itself should be capable of going on any of the robe classes, being the Dbow of robe classes. As being the Goddess of Magic means that she is a godly enchanter, it’s likely that anything she makes needs to be op to fit with lore.

That brings me to my other point, Hephastus. Since the guy is literally the smith of the gods, you have a dilemma with any items he makes. So I think that it’s a good idea that you’d make it so that he would drop something for a Knight, as a Knight with OP items is still a Knight (50 Att, 50 Dex, still won’t do much with an OP Shield and OP Armor, other than survive). The shield should definitely be an Ogmur-rival/direct upgrade to Ogmur, that also stuns, the set-back, once again, is that a mortal is playing with a god’s tools, thus a high cooldown and mp-cost, meaning that you have to make those 5 shots count. The Armor should be a direct upgrade to Acrop, maybe sporting an attack and Health Buff with a speed and dex downgrade, as when it was designed for a god to wear it, not taking in the fact that it is very heavy to a mortal. So even though the armor is amazing, using it in a Tomb will likely get you stuck in the sand, with no ability to get out quickly as Geb is rushing towards you, no matter the 90 Def you have, you will still get popped.

Necro skull should give self-buff of invisibility and speedy, but also darkness. Not sure about anything else, though, we already have plenty Robes and Staffs at this point. So maybe change it to a Ninja that remains invisible as long as you’re holding down the space bar? This allows Speedy without making it too ridiculous for Necro.

As Hermes is the God of theives, the whole Rouge thing makes sense.

what do you mean by artemis twice?

Aphrodite, I think Dolos is a minor god.

you put artemis in 3 and 4…

-Yes, that’s why I hate her “set” as huntress

-I just don’t know about the idea of mixing. And if you see the sprite above, it kind of matches a mix of the two (it would basically be like the stone guardians, which both drop A.S.S.)

-Yes, but since he is one of the harder bosses his health should still be pretty high. I was thinking about a buff of berserk and damaging (w/out the speedy) for the helm. But an idea that will probably be implemented before this (if this ever is) has a helm that does that, so I was gonna have it do damaging and also monsters within a certain radius take dmg. Sword idea seems pretty solid, if I went for two or more items. Just have to find a good place for it since we already have a lot of swords

-haven’t though much about poseidons spell yet, it would probably be like a normal spell (cept maybe with piercing enemies or obstacles?.. (probably obstacles) and adding a status effect). Trident would have three shot (since it’s a three-pronged trident) which maybe would pierce armor, giving good DPS if you hit with all shots.

-For Zeus’ scepter obviously I don’t want an item that completely ruins using any other item of that sort ahem doku ahem (much lelz) but I was thinking it would do very high armor break damage (with a small possibility of armor break effect) to only a few (maybe 3) targets, with a cooldown. Havent though about a ring for zeus yet.

-Yes, I was thinking robe for her, probably one that focuses on giving lots of extra MP

-I was thinking armor of shield for hephastus, maybe a shield that inflicts daze instead of stun with like 6 or more shots and a bunch of def as a stat boost (maybe +16?)

-I was thinking curse for the skull (since it drops from hades) unless that REALLY has to remain mystic specific. Maybe curse w/ healing effect?

-Yeah, thx (was thinking of him dropping an armor (originally I was planning on a cloak that gave a speedy boost… but… well… ST cemetary cloak has that now.) anyways, the armor would give less defense, maybe as much as t9 leather, but with a giant speed stat boost, plus a little dex like normal leather.

Thanks lots for the feedback man :smiley:

Oh… oops.

Also in regard to you other posts, yes, Sorc need more love :’’(

Please look at the sprites and tell me what you think about them. Are they good enough? need better shape, more shading, change them completely? etc.

This is incomplete, a dungeon idea requires stats and items. Look at some of Puffagod’s ideas.

you said Artemis twice xD

Cool idea just seems WIP to me. :thumbsup:

I know that it is unfinished. I’m currently starting on the google document. Will follow the old format for dungeon making that kabam made (that toastrz used for his dungeons) If I can get ahold of it, that is.

This is terrible please stop

Thx

@Toastrz can you please give me the old Kabam dungeon idea outline if you still have it?

(also plz tell me what you think about this idea)

Thx man :slight_smile:

EDIT: this may seem like an immensely stupid question, but how do you attack an image to a google doc so that it actually shows up without you having to click the link?

Yep, Sues’s version is better anyway.

Just copy the image itself and paste it into the document, no links or files required. I cropped all of my Lost Halls sprites in MS Paint with the eraser. Not exactly an advanced technique, but you can’t see the white background against the white document sheet, so it works.

Ok thx man

Seus’s Olympia idea is better?

No, I’m saying Sues’s version of Kabam’s dungeon design document is better. He made numerous improvements in that version that get rid of Kabam’s strangely specific restrictions and requests.

Oh, ok.

But what do you think of this dungeon idea? Any feedback is appreciated

you have wayyy too many bosses, if you ever finish this it will be a monumental pain in the ass to convince yourself to stick around that long. you say something like a cem but with more bosses and such? too bad the normal cem is boring af. I would cut down the scope of your dungeon to 2-4 bosses, and aim for a unique dungeon layout.

Its like the cemetary in the sense of (possibly) waves of monsters and after you complete one boss a portal enters to the next.

I don’t intend it to be repetitive. Each one will have different drops, different bosses, different enemies, etc. each one will have its own theme. (for example, hephaestus, god of fire, would have a fire and steel sort of room with lava pits and the like, with mechanical beasts, whereas poseion might have a room underwater, like an ocean trench, with hydras, mermen, etc.

The New Spriter

While I like the concept, I feel that having many, many bosses will make for too long a dungeon, and very boring gameplay. Maybe only go with the 3 major gods (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades)? Idk. Also, I do think the other gods should be included. Maybe, as you progress in the dungeon, you face the other gods as mini-mini bosses. They would be like a wave almost, a wave before the main boss. Cool idea.