Dungeon Kicking

Am I the only one who sees a small problem with the new Dungeon kicking idea. Especially in the field of “trading” keys

Maybe make keys tradeable? Possibly make payment go after the dungeon is finished? I dunno.

Yeah but tradeable keys goes to duping which kinda screws with DECA because I’m pretty sure keys are a major source of their currency

It never was a solid field to begin with, there has to be trust both way.

only dungeons opened in bazaars grant kicking rights. dungeons in those areas are almost exclusively either a discord or a group of friends. friends aren’t going to kick their friends, and discords can ban users who misuse the kicking ability.

as for key selling, it always has been and always will be a shaky issue since both sides can scam somehow. I don’t see why deca has to bend over backwards to accommodate an extremely niche group of people who already have trust issues.

But note, dungeons opened in bazaars are also where most “bought” keys are dropped (why buy one and then pop it in the middle of nexus)

Now that I see it, I’m pretty sure DECA is purposely using this to give more power to the popper (because they’re the ones who paid money.)

*audible confusion*

Was responding to your first part and second part seperately. Also, it isn’t really a small group of people. happens with any group of f2p players who want to run a dungeon

I’ve actually done this since sometimes I don’t want to solo a dungeon and I might not have any friends online.

Oh… but like the majority of times (for me), I either want to solo or run with friends or I wouldn’t be willing to buy (I’m kinda stingy)

literally just pop it somewhere in the realm, call it out and enter when a few ppl tp

Just allow keys to be selected during a trade and when accepted it instantly opens.

im big noob, but yes you’re right

It’s the same risk as there was pre-kick mechanic.

Before this update:
Key seller could take payment & disappear without opening;
Or could join the dungeon uninvited and spoil the experience for the buyers.
-either way would likely get a scammer tag.

Post this update:
Key seller can take pots & disappear without opening;
Or can join the dungeon uninvited and spoil the experience for the buyers (by kicking).
-either way will likely get a scammer tag.

If anything there’s now insta-suspicion if an opener joins uninvited because of their potential power, so buyers seeing the opener join will be immediately alert to not waste their time until the potential threat leaves and then they know they’re safe to proceed.

Risk may be the same but as it stands now, guys with keys have more power. In my (limited) key buying experience it’s common etiquette to pay inside the dungeon. Now with the ability to /kick, openers have much more leverage over the buyers.

Before the buyers could complete the dungeon at least. Maybe the seller would drag. Maybe the seller would do things to intentionally ruin the dungeon but at least the buyers could still finish the dungeon and get a chance at loot.

But now the buyers can’t do that, if the key-popper has malicious intent. In fact, there are minimal differences between paying before/after the key pop as of now.

Also waiting for the inevitable footage of someone kicking 100+ people from pub halls.

Yes I see what you mean. My own key-buying is usually pay outside so a seller would never need to even enter, and if they do it’s immediate concern, “why have you joined?”.

Well, for inside payers, maybe you just become more brutal and say straight after paying “okay you can leave now” rather than trying to do the dungeon with an unknown threat hanging over the run.

Out of interest, does it tell you "you were kicked by <playername>" so there’s no doubt? Would be a problem if people got d/cd for other reasons and then raged thinking they had been kicked when it was merely a d/c.

Good question. From inside the dungeon, some fella tested it and the message that is broadcast publicly to all players in the dungeon looks like: “playername has been removed by the opener” or something like that but it doesn’t specify who the opener is (though that’s pretty easily done by scrolling up your chat history, as long as it’s not being buggy).

Edit: sadfahl provided me with this picture, thanks sad

I think its changed but honestly not too too much when you think about it. If you want to go back to the old way, you can find a realm dungeon if you want to work for that. Otherwise, the option of paying after the dungeon is complete is available. This poses a large problem for poppers, however, as they lose the power to “mess up” the dungeon (though they never really could before in most cases). The way I see it is DECA must actually create a system with players buying pops form other players (not going to happen and shouldn’t happen imo) or they need to make in-game scam tags or give harsh bans for scamming. This doesn’t work either due to abuse and easily fake-able “evidence.” So in short, its mostly the same. Trust both ways is the only way this really works.

You can’t really use dungeon-kicking for scamming, since to use that feature you need to have opened the dungeon in the first place, meaning you lose a key anyway.

The only people who could reliably use it for scamming are people who can consistently solo the dungeon they just opened. If the only keys you buy are Shatters and LH, the list of players you have to /ignore to be safe is not that large.

Now I know why you were asking for confirmation of that, lol

It’s Luppiy’s picture, I just stole it xD