Duplicate blueprint idea

Gold bags are a nice, welcome drop to see; skins and blueprints being the most common drops in them. Skins are always exciting, due to usability, trades and in the worst case scenario, they can be exchanges for crystals of fortune. Blueprints however, can be an unwelcome sight when you already have collected that blueprint. People have debated consuming them for schematics, but most people (in my personal discussions) think this is a bad, short term idea. The forgefire reduction is nice for people who forge often, but for most players is just a small bonus that makes the sour taste go away a small amount.
My proposed solution is to be able to consume a duplicate blueprint at the forge for the item it contains. To make this fair, a few requirements would need to be in place:

1. The blueprint consumed must be a duplicate. If the blueprint has not been used before to advance the forge, it would need to be used there first
  2. The blueprint must be superior ONLY. This would prevent people from buying tons of forge material for fame in the shop, and also eliminate the question of which item in the blueprint you want, as superior blueprints only offer one item
  3. Blueprints must be consumed at the forge. This could prevent any possible issues that may come up during boss fights or similar
  4. This is the tricky part. To make this work, players must also consume 2 marks from the dungeon the blueprint was received. This sounds useless, but with schematics in place, people would be able to buy multiple o3 or shatters blueprints using schematics and use them to receive the item for free. Using 2 marks while consuming would prove the player has finished the dungeon more than once and has earned the item the blueprint would offer
  5. Players should have the option to consume for the item, or keep using blueprints for the forgefire reduction. Not all players want an extra armor of nil for example in their vault. Some players forge often enough that the small reduction is preferred

This seems a little too overpowered. I feel like they should just make the blueprint give forgefire instead of having to hold onto it and save a little bit of forgefire next time you fuse something.

But that would take away from sulphur, and therefore, less moneys!!

A blueprint is generally more rare than a white of the same item. It seems like crap to have a “good” bag be a duplicate bp and end up being just used for forgefire

A blueprint definitely is not rarer than a white of the item from my experience. I’ve gotten so many blueprints from osanc but like under half of that amount as white bags. I have gotten like 3 blueprints for vestures of duality but I haven’t gotten it as a white itself yet.

Ok, I was given wrong info. Just double checked and people seem to agree that blueprints are more common. Even then, I feel like the blueprint plus 2 marks is fair because it would require 2 finished runs to get that white to replace it. Maybe if blueprints are decently more common than whites we could make it 2 blueprints plus a mark or 2 so you have to then have 2 duplicates? My idea can easily be adjusted to fit drop rates and game mechanics

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.